1992-1996 ford bucket seats in a slick?

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

sixtytwo

Re: 1992-1996 ford bucket seats in a slick?

Post by sixtytwo »

I'm planning a similar conversion in my sixty two using 95 ford van seats. Since I have the original seat I'm going to start by measuring the height front and back. Then put my old seat on a sheet of plywood, mark and drill the holes. Next grind the rivits and remove the lower brackets and bolt them to the plywood a steel frame will then be fabricated to tie them together. The bucket seats and center console will bolt to the frame. When done everything will bolt in to the stock position. A couple brackets can be added in the middle for extra support. Finding a workable console and shoulder belts seems to be the tough part.
aj64f100390-292
United States of America

Re: 1992-1996 ford bucket seats in a slick?

Post by aj64f100390-292 »

sixtytwo wrote:I'm planning a similar conversion in my sixty two using 95 ford van seats. Since I have the original seat I'm going to start by measuring the height front and back. Then put my old seat on a sheet of plywood, mark and drill the holes. Next grind the rivits and remove the lower brackets and bolt them to the plywood a steel frame will then be fabricated to tie them together. The bucket seats and center console will bolt to the frame. When done everything will bolt in to the stock position. A couple brackets can be added in the middle for extra support. Finding a workable console and shoulder belts seems to be the tough part.
dont be afraid to show some pic when you gear up to dothat project, id love to be better prepaired tomdo mine as far as planing
1964 f100 lwb 292 ECG Heads,4v, 4spd, '76 9" 3.25, orig. :292 3spdO/D, 3.92 spicer locker
19mpg hwy, .040/298ci, arnd 8.7:1, ECG heads, stainless valves, ceramic coated ramshorn manifolds, B code int., eddy 4bbl, Durasprk II/C5ZF dizzy, C2AE rods,high ratio rockers, NOS two groove h.balancer, unkwn cam-for now :twisted: soon:pwr asst steering
was FE/FT, mount:390, C6R heads, C4ae int, w/ 361/391 FT Bellhous.,timing cover, & w. pump.
-Back on the road since jan '17