Decoding '61-'64 Australian data tags info posted...

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

FORDification
United States of America

Decoding '61-'64 Australian data tags info posted...

Post by FORDification »

After two weeks of being in-transit from Sydney Australia, today I finally received the 1961-1964 Australian Ford Trucks Chassis and Parts Catalogue.

Image Image
Image Image

I spent the evening transcribing the data tag decoding information to the website at FORDification.info.

HOW TO DECODE YOUR AUSTRALIAN VIN / DATA TAG
[1961] [1962] [1963] [1964]

However, I was a little disappointed that the Soft Trim section which should have included Trim code information was non-existent. In fact, the entire Soft Trim section is comprised of a single page, front and back, with part numbers for seat upholstery and headliner pieces...nothing else. However, the PN listings for the upholstery show a 'O.N.R.' abbreviation that I'm unfamiliar with. Does anyone know what that stands for?

Also, the 1961 paint codes are somewhat confusing. The illustration shown for the '61 data tag shows a four-digit number, with each digit representing the primer, roof color, center color and lower color, but the codes in the paint section show a single letter for each of the three available paint codes.

Can anyone shed some light on these items so I can fine-tune and complete these pages? Thanks!
Keith
FORDification.info | FORDification.com | FORDification.net
Also own: '67 F100 2WD SWB - '68 F100 SWB 4WD choptop - '75 F250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special