Finished lowering today

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Leeroy
Australia

Finished lowering today

Post by Leeroy »

Had the front beams installed by the pros a few weeks back, finished up the back today myself. Big day, but got it done.....
Pics are ordinary but it was all I could get before the sun went down. Front came down 2.5" the back was 3" which is less than they claim but it might be my fault, no matter how much I tried I couldn't get the front eye bolt of the leafs to line up with the very top hole. I'll let it settle and have another go when I regain my strength.

Before and after...
shipwrecked
United States of America

Re: Finished lowering today

Post by shipwrecked »

Nice!

I wanted to leave mine stock.... but keep having a thought of lowering mine a few inches pops in my head.

Yours is looking good!
The months may change, but I am always APRIL
'63 F100 Custom Cab 223inline 6, 3speed manual- mostly stock
https://www.youtube.com/coastiereid
Truck has been home in CA,OR,WA,NJ,VA since it's birth in San Jose Jan63
WhiteNoise
United States of America

Post by WhiteNoise »

That looks good. I prefer trucks that sit like trucks and this lower is the perfect kind IMO. Looks great.
1965 Ford F100
Day 2

Post by Day 2 »

That is the way Ford shoud have built them....Nice..
aj64f100390-292
United States of America

Post by aj64f100390-292 »

WhiteNoise wrote:That looks good. I prefer trucks that sit like trucks and this lower is the perfect kind IMO. Looks great.
Exactly, love the stance Leeroy
1964 f100 lwb 292 ECG Heads,4v, 4spd, '76 9" 3.25, orig. :292 3spdO/D, 3.92 spicer locker
19mpg hwy, .040/298ci, arnd 8.7:1, ECG heads, stainless valves, ceramic coated ramshorn manifolds, B code int., eddy 4bbl, Durasprk II/C5ZF dizzy, C2AE rods,high ratio rockers, NOS two groove h.balancer, unkwn cam-for now :twisted: soon:pwr asst steering
was FE/FT, mount:390, C6R heads, C4ae int, w/ 361/391 FT Bellhous.,timing cover, & w. pump.
-Back on the road since jan '17
kelwar

Post by kelwar »

That's the look I'm going for with mine. I hope it turns out that good when I'm done!
Greyizhip
United States of America

Post by Greyizhip »

It looks great that way; personally, I prefer a slightly lower in the front stance. I agree, this is how Ford shoulda built it to begin with.
"If moderation is a fault, then indifference is a crime." Jack Kerouac

‘66 F-100 long bed, 352, 3 on the tree, original numbers matching.

[/b]
oldsmiley
United States of America

Post by oldsmiley »

Good job LEEROY.

There's an amazing thing about the stance of a car or truck. You can lower it to the right point (and nobody knows what that is until you get to it), BUT if you ever go past that magical point, it will look like Fido's B_ _T. Even if you'd gone 1 more inch you'd still have a great looking stance. I love the truck and the way it sits...... BINGO!!!!