West coast junior mirror glass

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

64 f100

West coast junior mirror glass

Post by 64 f100 »

Needing to replace the mirrored glass in my west cast junior Ford original mirrors. Anyone have a source?
Thanks,
Rich
jamesdfo
Canada

Re: West coast junior mirror glass

Post by jamesdfo »

Rich: Any competent local Automotive/Commercial glass shop ought to be able to cut & install a new piece of mirrored glass into your mirror........

James
64 f100

Post by 64 f100 »

I have been rebuilding a set of the west coast junior mirrors with all new stainless bolts nuts etc. . Polishing the stainless bolts nut and all before assembly. Local glass business was bought out by bigger company and it's hard to even find anyone at the business. I'm sure they could cut what I need, if I could catch someone there. I have several sets of these mirrors and was hoping to find a good price on buying several new . At about 20 to 30 bucks each it gets a little pricey. With all new stainless hardware I'm getting quite a bit tied up in the mirrors. I have yet to find some items new for these in stainless, mainly the T-bolts for mounting, and the T-bolts at the top and bottom of the mirror heads. In addition, there is one lock washer with inner and outer serrated edges I don't seem to find in stainless. I was doing this as an experiment to see what could be done, and see how it turns out. Lots of time polishing nuts bolts brackets etc. I have NOS mirrors in the box correct with 66 part numbers, but I hate to use those mirrors on anything but show quality trucks.

Rich
Hunter's 64
United States of America

Post by Hunter's 64 »

I replaced one mirror glass , place called golden glass $7.00 to cut .https://glassdoctor.com/carmi
is this the place?

Danny
bruceandersson

Post by bruceandersson »

I've had trouble finding to t-bolts in any metal. The closest I found were made for greenhouse assembly, but I do not recall what they were made of.
64 f100

Post by 64 f100 »

bruceandersson wrote:I've had trouble finding to t-bolts in any metal. The closest I found were made for greenhouse assembly, but I do not recall what they were made of.
I have some strange t-bolts that were NOS but not exactly like some of the originals I've taken off. These look like someone took a regular bolt ground the head down and cut off one side. This is how I am going to make my own T-bolts in stainless. Presently looking for large head bolt in right size for this , possibly could use something with a screw head for this also. Just have not gotten that far. I'm refering to the small bolt that is for the mounting at the top of the door. The larger T-bolt for the mirror top and bottom 3/8 size T-bolt I'm thinking will have to be a custom built thing . I'm thinking stainless bar stock , drill it and weld 3/8 stainless rod in to it, then grind and fit. If, I do this I will most likely try and make several at the same time. Ob for some time in the future though, when I have time to play.