Ash tray retainer spring steel piece

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Masterguns
United States of America

Ash tray retainer spring steel piece

Post by Masterguns »

Hi all, been a member here for a while but haven't posted much at all. Just trying to soak up all the knowledge that I can. I have a 61 BBW unibody that I am currently putting on an 85. Crown vic chassis. I originally bought a 2008 crown victoria to put the truck body on before I even found my truck, but when I found the truck on Craig's list and got it home from Tennessee, I knew I couldn't do that to it. Sounds crazy right? Even though I'm still putting it on a crown vic frame for the ride and drive train, I still want to keep it old school with the overall feel of the truck.

But anyway, sorry for the rambling, if I can figure out how to post pictures I'll put some on here for everyone to see, because I know you guys are a lot like me and pictures are worth a thousand words. I build and test jet engines for a living, but can't figure out how to post pictures.

Ok the reason for this post is during my rust removal adventures I put my ashtray in some apple cider vinegar and it did a good job of removing the rust, too good of a job. It completely ate the spring steel retainer piece, and it wasn't even rusted, just the tray itself was. The only place I have been able to find one is on eBay. Before I pay 25 plus for one I thought I would ask if anyone here has an extra one they would like to sell. I will gladly give 25 for one but would rather not give it to someone on eBay.

PM me if any one has one to sell please.
Thanks,
Mark
Semper Fidelis

1961 f100 Unibody BBW
2002 Excursion 7.3 (the bus)
1982 Bronco
2017 F150
2017 Mustang GT/CS
64 f100

Re: Ash tray retainer spring steel piece

Post by 64 f100 »

Ashtrays are easy to come by and I should have several if all years are the same. Shipping is the killer on the ashtray as it is on everything else these days, and most likely will cost about 12$ to mail priority mail. Send me 15$ and I will send you a good one, just make sure all years are the same first as most I have will have come from 64 to 66 models . I have not dismantled any pre 63 trucks. 618-384-7037
Rich
unibody madness
United States of America

Post by unibody madness »

If Rich's wont fit Send me a P.M. I have one as well
Turk build thread at:
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=18944

It does not matter what you think, it only matters what you do about it!
Masterguns
United States of America

Post by Masterguns »

Thanks guys, I'll get with you and we'll work out the details.

Mark
Semper Fidelis

1961 f100 Unibody BBW
1982 Bronco
2017 F150
2017 Mustang GT/CS
Masterguns
United States of America

Post by Masterguns »

Thank you very much Rich, I enjoyed talking truck with you on the phone, my wife has no interest in truck talk, and I live around a bunch of yuppies that think working on a vehicle yourself means your poor, go figure? The "checks in the mail."

Thanks
Mark
Semper Fidelis

1961 f100 Unibody BBW
1982 Bronco
2017 F150
2017 Mustang GT/CS