Kinkos FEDEX rant

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

unibody madness
United States of America

Kinkos FEDEX rant

Post by unibody madness »

I apologize for posting this on here, but I am more than a little miffed
As some of you may know, I have traced out my low roof headliner, in order to create and post a PDF for others, so inclined, to make their own if they so choose.
FEDEX has bought out Kinko stores which is the place I have been planning to make an electronic copy to post, and print a copy for myself.

So when I started I only had brown butcher paper, I took my meager offering into their store and it did not work out. After asking if I could buy some 36" wide white paper in order to re draw it, I was quoted 13.00 for a 6' piece of blank paper, same price as the copy. since it will need two sheet that's 26.00 plus tax for one copy.
Being the thrifty minded individual I like to think myself as, I bought and had 150' of the same copy paper delivered to my door for $14.03 free shipping. (it's also the principal). Last Thursday I ran my new drawing to the FEDEX store and upon inspecting it, I found I needed to darken my lines,paid 1.29 for the scan and off I went.
I finished the drawing yesterday and decided to wait for today in order to miss the crowds
When I got there the very nice man behind the counter, who helped me last time, offered to help me as there was a new feature... I had to scan my credit card before using the machine... since I was prepared to pay the 26.00 for a new print and the pdf on my memory stick, I said fine.
He hit the total button and it read $128.46 just for scanning it!!!! after check with the manager and telling him I paid 1.29 last Thursday for a scan, I was told it is what it is!
I left politely but determined to spread the word... $128.46 just to scan under 1,800K of info is insane...I could not even ask what it would cost for a copy.
I am looking for someone else with a 36" printer/scanner to improve my print locally.

All you folks that want a copy will have to find an independent printer, to print yours out, if and when I get it done

END OF RANT
Turk build thread at:
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=18944

It does not matter what you think, it only matters what you do about it!
Shadow

Re: Kinkos FEDEX rant

Post by Shadow »

At Least You Were Dealing With A Real Guy Behind The Counter. Pretty Soon It Will Be A Kinko's Kiosk And Robotic Printer Hooked-Up To The 5g Network. Fedex Packages Will Be Raining Down From The Sky Into Peoples Yards From Delivery Drones. :shock: ..........
orangeRcode
United States of America

Post by orangeRcode »

Saw your post on FB. :cussing: Hard to believe Kinkos has come to this. Back in my college days 20+ years ago we used them all the time and they were reasonable. Obviously, reasonable isn't in FedEx's business model. In light of this, I will continue to avoid them as I have managed to do for many years.
unibody madness
United States of America

Post by unibody madness »

Just to update,
I went to Minuteman Press.
They were going to charge me 10.00 to scan 3'X12' on to a memory stick.
When I got there I asked the manager if he would do an exchange, the remainder of my 150' roll of paper, for one copy and the digital scan,to which he happily agreed.
So the $14.03 roll of paper in trade for the services rendered. Plus I got rid of something I did not need to store, for less than what I would have had to pay FEDEX last week, which was much less than the plain thievery they want this week.
Turk build thread at:
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=18944

It does not matter what you think, it only matters what you do about it!
HotRodMatt

Post by HotRodMatt »

win great horse trade!!