unique 61 uni.

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

sgettin

unique 61 uni.

Post by sgettin »

Would have put this in the for sale section but thought it had some interesting mods people might want to check out. Probably be a neat all around driver but no way I could work on it when something goes haywire.
Not mine.

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/cto/ ... 89557.html
mercuryv8
Canada

Re: unique 61 uni.

Post by mercuryv8 »

That is really neat... Looks like a fire hazard with those oil lines like that.

I would like to go for a ride.

Nic
sgettin

Post by sgettin »

yeah with that brownie gear box (whatever that is?) I think it would be interesting to drive also. Not having an overdrive gear is something I wish the old trucks had this one apparently has several. A turbo on an old 312 has gotta be fun also. For what ya get I don't think his price is bad also but I don't really have a clue what all that stuff is worth.
orangeRcode
United States of America

Post by orangeRcode »

Looks like fun but I question 9 lbs of boost out of that little turbo. Whatever the case, a lot of work went into the project.
charliemccraney

Post by charliemccraney »

There is at least some BS in the ad. The Supercharged 312 thunderbird engine base is the most apparent incorrect statement. Wrong valve covers, wrong water pump pulley, wrong crank damper, wrong thermostat housing, wrong exhaust manifolds, the intake looks like a small port variant - 1956 or earlier, missing the water pump spacer. Can't tell if the heads are wrong, but given that everything else is they probably are. IF it were a genuine T-bird F code engine, that would be worth the price of admission right there.

I also wonder where they got the forged internals. There is no forged 312 crank. There is a forged 292 crank, but if a 292 was used then why lye and claim a 312 base and then make it the supercharged t-bird variant?

The solid roller cam is also probably bs although I have heard that they were available at one time so it might be possible that it has one.

The air filter is really small, certainly limiting top end performance and 9 lbs of boost with what looks like a draw through setup (no intercooling) does seem wishful but maybe the methanol does make up for that.

All of these inaccuracies place serious doubts on the whole thing. Could be pleasantly surprised, though.
Lawrenceville, Ga
1961 F100 Unibody
318 Y-block (292 +.070 bore, +.170 stroke), FMS T5-Z w/Mustang 10.5" diaphragm clutch.