Measurement and Info needed

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

9Fingers
United States of America

Measurement and Info needed

Post by 9Fingers »

I'm not sure on all years but thinking 61-66 f350 steering wheel may be the same? I need someone that has one to measure the circumference at the largest part of the wheel before it drops down to the metal column itself.

The 65 I'm working on had a late 70's f150 automatic column but discovered last night it's a tilt column. I've also got another column from a manual transmission truck and might try merging the two to get close to a mid 60's factory appearance with the tilt function. I think I've got it figured out, but need to know the diameter of the four spoke f350 steering wheels. If close to same diameter, I hope to get a big wheel with a tilt.

Thanks for your help,

Bradshaw
Always know where you will be, when you get where you're going - Jerry Clower
unibody madness
United States of America

Re: Measurement and Info needed

Post by unibody madness »

I think it is the same as the 4x4 4 spoke wheel. I adapted one to my truck but right now it is at the shop getting panels re-aligned If you do not get anyone within a week send me a P.M. and hopefully I will have my truck back by then.
Turk build thread at:
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=18944

It does not matter what you think, it only matters what you do about it!
9Fingers
United States of America

Post by 9Fingers »

Ok, thank you.
Toyz
United States of America

Post by Toyz »

Darn it, forgot to measure; I'll get the measurement tomorrow if no one else does.
Paul
The Ford Orphanage
Life's too short for boring vehicles!
My quest to develop a universal solvent is held up by the lack of a storage container.
Paul
9Fingers
United States of America

Post by 9Fingers »

The farm truck my uncle had years ago had a steering wheel like this one, but I don't think the truck was an F550 or larger, Im pretty sure his truck was a 350. Does anyone know the overall diameter (18", 19", 20"?) of this wheel, pictured in an F550 for sale online, and what is the diameter of the collar or portion on the underside of the wheel where it meets the column? I found a four spoke over the weekend that was beyond repair, but decided I like the look of this wheel better.