'93 Lincoln 4.6L, good donor for engine swap?

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Zax63
United States of America

'93 Lincoln 4.6L, good donor for engine swap?

Post by Zax63 »

Friend of mine just offered me a '93 4.6l Lincoln DOHC motor and trans. The combo has about 90k miles and was running great when it was pulled. Anybody familiar with these motors? Would it bolt up to a Crown Vic front crossmember if I do a Crown Vic front end swap?
'63 F100 Wrongbed
orangeRcode
United States of America

Re: '93 Lincoln 4.6L, good donor for engine swap?

Post by orangeRcode »

Love the 4V's. If I could find one of these combos cheap enough, I would put it the 65 I plan for a CV swap. I believe you would need specialty engine mounts. Several guys have used the 32 valves in their CV swap. Check out the FB for more info.

Not trying to push people away from the motherboard but there are a lot more guys on the FB swap pages to get him the info he needs. :cheers:
Zax63
United States of America

Post by Zax63 »

Found a guy on Youtube that has a later model slick with the same motor swapped in. Looks like it fits pretty well.

https://youtu.be/SOoT1fLI3GA
'63 F100 Wrongbed
orangeRcode
United States of America

Post by orangeRcode »

Yes, the 4Vs fit well. They are very wide on top due to the big top end. I've seen the Cobra, Mach and Lincoln DOHC engines being swapped. Actually saw a Coyote 5.0 swapped as well. Those are more expensive since they are newer mills but would love to do one!