Mod motor transmissions

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

PlanetSully

Mod motor transmissions

Post by PlanetSully »

Hey guys, still acquiring parts to cv swap my '64 short bed. I'm currently building my 8.8 from a straight axle explorer, slapping a 4.10 in there that should be fun! I'll be running a 4.6 with a carburetor, good mix of old and new tech. I cam across a T45 awhile back that needed some love, so I rebuilt that. A friend of mine is willing to trade his TR3650 for my T45. My worry is its going to be too long, not that we won't be hacking this truck up. The more I'm looking the less I see what transmissions everyone is running. What works, what do you wish you would have done?
Koolkatt
United States of America

Re: Mod motor transmissions

Post by Koolkatt »

I don't know if you have a engine or even where you are located. I have an early 4.6l that has the small block 6 bolt bell housing that is in great shape for sale. This engine along with other cast block mods will accept any heads you would like to use. Not to mention the endless trans combos that are available. I removed the heads to clean the rust from the block (it wouldn't flush well). I bought new head gaskets and reinstalled the heads but only torqued them the first step to 25lbs. I have the EFI that goes with this engine or a manifold for a carb could be used. This 4.6 has less than 50k on it and it shows how clean it is inside. I am asking $300 firm. Please pm me if you are interested.