Unibody LED Taillights

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

charliemccraney

Unibody LED Taillights

Post by charliemccraney »

Anyone used these? Real expensive, considering the exchange rate.

http://www.brightlight-customs.co.uk/f100-truck.html
Lawrenceville, Ga
1961 F100 Unibody
318 Y-block (292 +.070 bore, +.170 stroke), FMS T5-Z w/Mustang 10.5" diaphragm clutch.
Fanatic

Re: Unibody LED Taillights

Post by Fanatic »

Charlie , I used a set of these--56 leds. modded the mounting lip . Plenty bright thru the red lense.https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinf ... ector/562/
INEPTOCRACY: (in-ep'-toc-ra-cy) : a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.
orangeRcode
United States of America

Post by orangeRcode »

Yep, kinda pricy at $175 plus shipping. I believe there are more reasonable alternatives out there. I had a buddy make his own LED tail lights for his 67 Mustang. Bought the board and LEDs off ebay and soldiered them up when we were working nights one time. Didn't take him long and even buying a bunch of LEDs he didn't have much in them.
oldsmiley
United States of America

Post by oldsmiley »

Besides, if you do your own, you can do any design you want it to light up like. Maybe like dollar marks $$$$$$

I did that on a VW rail buggy once
charliemccraney

Post by charliemccraney »

Fanatic,
Do you have pictures of the end result?

I can make my own but I'm very particular so I don't know that I'd save so much, considering time involved. There's also the assumption that they know what they are doing whereas I really don't so there will be a learning curve there and I may have to do it multiple times to get it right.
If I did it, Id want to experiment with red and yellow LEDs and see if I can design a sequential turn signal of some sort within the limited space available.
Lawrenceville, Ga
1961 F100 Unibody
318 Y-block (292 +.070 bore, +.170 stroke), FMS T5-Z w/Mustang 10.5" diaphragm clutch.