Cab sag

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

64 f100

Cab sag

Post by 64 f100 »

I had not remembered this problem, and I should have, I know it well. The same problem causes all kinds of other issues and for the same reason. Cab will not stay in the right orientation and moves around, not only will this cause problems with the steering column but clutch linkage as well, and linkage will not stay adjusted well.
Day 2

Re: Cab sag

Post by Day 2 »

Yep, on my Unibody I have to adjust the front cab mounts at least twice a year.

Robert
6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

Re: Cab sag

Post by 6166 Junkyard Dog »

Rich for many years we talked about the problems of what happens with bad cab mounts,, even some of the big companies have listened to me telling their customers what to look for since they claimed never heard of such a thing but yet they claim to be top truck dealers,, Anyway what happens when cab mounts go bad the cab drops down with the only thing holding the cab up is the gear box putting pressure on the steering column as well in which affects the shifting, staying in park, steering hard, tearing up the column at the bottom and even wearing the shaft so thin that will break given any time without doing something about it or even shearing the bolts off the gear box. It has been posted on our website on these problems for years as well. I have seen 2x4's holding up cabs but the best was as set of forks off a fork lift holing up the cab also. When it comes to manual trans it affects shifting and anything to do with the clutch as well
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch
Where Ford Trucks Rest in Peace

Dakota,,, RIP will never be the same looking for 61-66 trucks again ,, :cry: Kathy :cry:
Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Kansas City, MO
Slickstock,,, Altoona, IOWA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

Now Cooper will try his best :lol: :lol:

Cooper now has 2018 Slick Stock,, give him a fair star :lol:
Slickstock Kansas City, Mo