New Transmission!

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

William-in-St. George

New Transmission!

Post by William-in-St. George »

Installed a new C6 from Broader Transmissions in Texas. I am so very pleased with the results. I asked for a smooth but crisp shift and that is exctly what I got. Even my wife who is usually oblivous to changes in the truck noticed how quiet and smooth it shifts. Coupled with my new mighty 460 I am ready for a little fun at the light. :lol:
MadMaxetc
United States of America

Post by MadMaxetc »

Sweet!

How much did it cost you?

Do you know what mods they did?

I am working on the same combo for my truck.
Dan
Project: '63 F-100 LWB / 460 / C6 / 2x4
My Build Thread
William-in-St. George

New Transmision!

Post by William-in-St. George »

I paid 678.00 for the transmission plus 80 bucks or so for shiping. No core return hassel. I already had a stock stall rebuilt torque converter. They build their TC's in house if you need one. They did some mods to the transmission including a shift package. What was great for me is they installed the truck shift arm for me and saved me a hassel. The transmission performs as expected for what I think was a very fair price. The transmission was also painted and all the bolt holes were cleaned. Just a very good product at a very good price. Later I think I'll install a 2000 stall TC. The engine pulls like a horse from about 1800-4500 RPM. I don't go higher because I really don't like to drive over 70-75 mph. The guy that built my transmission is Jay. Very knowledgeable fellow, justifiably proud of his work and not pushy.
Brion71

Post by Brion71 »

do they also do AOD's? and is there a web or link that i could get?
Brion.
jakdad

Post by jakdad »

Brion71 wrote:do they also do AOD's? and is there a web or link that i could get?

Easy.
http://www.broaderperformance.com/
Jim
Comet

Post by Comet »

Cool, I'm going to remember this when I get ready to drop a 460/C6/NP206 into my '71 Highboy. Adding the words C6 rebuild for future searches (man, this site is so much better! 8) )
My Slick is rustier than your Slick! :D
cdherman

Post by cdherman »

Broader has gotten the nod from my inquiries over at fordmuscle.com.

I discussed a special build C4 with the owner who assures me that a C4 is enough behind even a moderately built 300 in a truck and will handle some towing. I intend to use them when I get to that project.

They do AOD, but even at $5 gas, you will need to put a lot miles on your vehicle to pay for the difference.
1965 F-100 240 Autolite 1101, Disk brake dual master upgraded, swapped over to C4 and powersteering. Bought by my Dad new in March 65'

Planned/considered upgrades:
Perhaps power brakes, 300 I6 motor and JUST maybe, AC!
Comet

Post by Comet »

cdherman wrote:They do AOD, but even at $5 gas, you will need to put a lot miles on your vehicle to pay for the difference.

True, but the lesser wear and tear on the motor needs to be considered also.
My Slick is rustier than your Slick! :D