Nova subframe

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

61ford

Post by 61ford »

thanks guys youve been alot of help.btw do you all know a guy on here by the name of pete brecklin?ive paid him for some parts but havent heard from him in a few days and just wanted to know if anyone knows him?i hate to start accusing ppl who may be totally honest of being a scammer but you never know these days.
Ryan

61 Ford f100 Unibody short bed
351w/Aod
Greg D
United States of America

Post by Greg D »

For a lower ride height you can notch the frame and then box it just like with any other front end swap. I agree that it looks like it will be low enough just set right on the frame, I hope that will set mine down where I want it. It looks like I could set the crossmember under the front end for a test fit the way it's built so I will likely do that before I cut or weld any thing. The GT is great! corners like it is on rails, very quick, sounds good, and real nice to drive. Mine is a GT Premium so it also equiped very nicely. I just turned around and they are playing with one the same color as mine on Horse Power TV. I won't be modifing the GT at all, figure being the first year of the body style it has a real good chance of becoming collectable, another reason I wanted a loaded car with 2 tone leather interior.
1964 F 100 - I am going to do "something" with it.......

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=15942

1987 Mustang LX Convertible, 2.3 Auto - cruiser.
1994 F 150 XLT 2WD

~ Yes - I adopted another cat..............

Cam L Milan,
You'll be missed my friend.
61ford

Post by 61ford »

im trying to rem just how low those cv sit but itll prolly sit low enough for me.yea i seen that episode they make some good power out of that car.dad is suppose to put down me a down payment for graduation in spring or summer and ill prolly get a 07 since my uncle works for ford and i can get a better deal but im gonna do the same thing with mine.just drive it on pretty days and make it a collectible
Ryan

351w/Aod
Greg D
United States of America

Post by Greg D »

Post a pic when you get it, I'll be putting one up of mine as soon as Rose's daughter is home (she has a digital camera) and the car is clean at the same time (had alot of rain lately), lol.

1994 F 150 XLT 2WD

Cam L Milan,
bit

Post by bit »

Pete is honest if it is Pete from Georgia, Maybe a little slow but I have not heard of him cheatting anyone.

Bit
100 Years from now it will matter
Greg D
United States of America

Post by Greg D »

Pete treated me right with the dealings I've had with him. Comes off a tad coarse but when I talked to him on the phone he was actually a pretty cool guy.

1994 F 150 XLT 2WD

Cam L Milan,
61ford

Post by 61ford »

ok thanks guys i just wanted to make sure hes seemed real nice in what little ive talked to him thru emails.are you talking about pics on the mustang?yea ill post some when i get it im hoping to start looking for one in march but that depends on how much i spend on the 61 this winter hopefully mine will be red with white racing stripes and red/black interior
Ryan

351w/Aod
Greg D
United States of America

Post by Greg D »

That sounds cool! A Shelby Uni? May be a cool to see JC's ultra rare Holman Moody Nascar Uni parked by it at SS08. JC's truck won the 1964 Crapman truck series, I think it was driven by a guy named Bob Square something. I'll see if I can find that picture of it with the pit crew. :shock:

1994 F 150 XLT 2WD

Cam L Milan,
61ford

Post by 61ford »

oh no thats the mustang i think we got messed up on what car were talking about!no the uni im gonna go with a indingo blue(late model gm) with a white pinstrip and im not sure on interior
Ryan

351w/Aod
fishtank

Post by fishtank »

So can you use the whole frame form the LTD? What about a Town Car, are they the same as the LTDs? Does anyone have anymore info on this swap? I have an 84 Town Car that would be a perfect donor.
61ford

Post by 61ford »

i believe 80-91 towncar will work look on the first page i think it said there
Ryan

351w/Aod
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

I don't think so. Wheelbase and steering locations are key to making this work under a SHORT slick. Matt, the moderator of this forum found that out the hard way.

Also, you are not going to get the answers you need in a thread titled "Nova Subframe". might as well say "Volkswagen Wheels"
Most guys will just skip over that brand X stuff. :nono: Start a new thread and ask your questions on the CV/LTD/Marquis frame swap.
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
bit

Post by bit »

You can call me and I will try and answer your questions.

I have built 2 of these. I generally go to bed around 9 eastern so please consider that. 336 240 3708.

Bit
100 Years from now it will matter