It's almost SlickStock time again

This Forum contains all the threads for Slick-Stock 2008. For viewing only.

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Kid
United States of America

It's almost SlickStock time again

Post by Kid »

Ok who is going to be there, My Wife Robbin and I will be there and my Brother Don will be there and this Year he will have a Slick.

Come on guys who is going to attend and if you can't make the trip let us know, maybe we can change your mind..................Kid

been singing "Going to Kansas City " for a month now
There are some Days I should not be let to go into the public without adult supervision
jkimbrel65
United States of America

Post by jkimbrel65 »

Me and the uni wil be there!! :bangin: Oh yeah the wife is coming too. :D
I tried being normal once...
was the worst 10 minutes of my life
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

ladies and gents, in this corner, making his first SS appearance, from the great white north, ICEMAN.
woohoo.gif jenkins.gif
1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
wyatt

Post by wyatt »

Ok, Sorry guys, I can't make it this time due to things out of my hands. I will be sitting around pouting like a little baby knowing how much fun everyone will be having and I can't be there to join in. All I ask is that everyone has a good time and post pics.
I made the last 2 Slickstocks and had a great time. Trust me, You WILL have a good time. If you don't? Then shame on you, you must be an old stick in the mud kinda person.
Kid and the gang won't let that happen.
Good luck and have fun.
Wyatt (Chuck)
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

Lyn and I will be there !, that's if we don`t get a guest appearance on COP`S for driving on the wrong side of the road :P :lol:
We leave in 12 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!COOOOOEEEEEEE!!!!!

Alan,
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!
66 f100 tabletop swb 351 Clevo C6 "Beryl"

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Slick Stock 8.............................. cry.gif
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

wyatt wrote: I will be sitting around pouting like a little baby knowing how much fun everyone will be having and I can't be there to join in.
Wyatt (Chuck)

i did that 2x already so i know the feeling. :(
1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
Truckrat
United States of America

skickstock 3

Post by Truckrat »

old.gif This will be my first one, but from all the talk about the last two, I think I will definitely fit in. I wish I could drive a Slick this time, but I will have to do it in 2010. The part about a family reunion with people I only know from posts and chat and an E-mail here and there is a lot of why I wanted to come. It sounded like way too much fun to miss. And No Casey, I'm not on the "Patch". I only use that when I drive home from the bar. I do keep it handy just for occasions like that.
See you all in a couple of weeks. TruckRat!
fmartin_gila

Post by fmartin_gila »

Doug and his wife are planning to leave Riverside, Cal on the 9th and overnight in Globe, Az. Then we are planning to convoy from here to KC with our slicks. We are expecting to arrive in KC about noon on the 13th.

Fred
jeepbut
United States of America

Post by jeepbut »

My flight gets in at 8:20. I should be at the hotel 9-10 p.m. See ya there! Thanks, Lyman.
Sinc

Post by Sinc »

Guys, I'm sorry to say that I won't be able to make it this year. I will sorely miss it and all of my friends (both old ones and new ones)! But, I will be thinking about you guys and I wish all of you a GREAT time and safe passage both to and from SS-KC. Have a blast and be safe!

See you all in 2010...

...Sinc

P.S. I'm still grinning about that ride in the Pro Street.
36truck
United States of America

Post by 36truck »

I'll be there coming in on Friday noonish. Bringing a surprise with me. :D Can't wait to see every one. If it's anything like the 460 guys big block bash it will be a fun time. :D :D
Tom Williams
Truckfarmer2

Post by Truckfarmer2 »

I will be leaving Central Illinois on Wednesday morning. I am bringing my Slick and the valve cover racetrack so make sure you have your racer done. The racing is a proven way to reduce men into little boys for the afternoon.
Anybody going through this way and want to convoy together?
If you continue to buy imports, where will your children work?
dwbr

Post by dwbr »

i really want to go, just cant make it, very depressed, just made too many other high end vacations this year
________
Ferrari Wiki specifications
Last edited by dwbr on February 7, 2011, 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Garbz

Post by Garbz »

Flight arrives on Wed afternoon!

See ya there!

Garbz
6Slick5

Post by 6Slick5 »

I really hope to be there. I am close enough that I will kick myself if I don't even make it for Saturday.

Hope work lets up by then! :lol: :lol:

Marty
65 F-100
94 F-150 (Daily Driver)
2006 Vibe (Wife's Car)
65 Karmen Ghia (Son's Car)
Iron Horse Bicycle, trying to save some gas money!
Hoofbeat Racer
Canada

Post by Hoofbeat Racer »

It's official, I'm in. Can't wait to get there. Sorry fellas, truck will have to wait till 2010. KC or bust! :lol:
Mark

Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Flying in Mark? Must have made up some brownie points with those few days last week of "Daddy Daycare" eh?
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
Hoofbeat Racer
Canada

Post by Hoofbeat Racer »

Johnny Canuck wrote:Flying in Mark? Must have made up some brownie points with those few days last week of "Daddy Daycare" eh?

Yup :lol: just booking it as I am typing this. Should land in KC about 1600h on Wed afternoon. I am happier than a retard in room full of bouncy balls!!!!!! :woohoo:
Mark

Kid
United States of America

Post by Kid »

Greg, You dropping down and going across I-70 or are you going to come across I-80................Kid
There are some Days I should not be let to go into the public without adult supervision
cdherman

Post by cdherman »

jeepbut wrote:My flight gets in at 8:20. I should be at the hotel 9-10 p.m. See ya there! Thanks, Lyman.

Lyman -- it'll be hard to get a taxi that time of the day from the hotel.

Assuming that we are talking the 12th, then feel free to call and ask for someone to pick you up and bring you over to the barbque at my place. Its only about a mile, but too far too walk on a hot summer eve.... Someone will still be sober I hope :twisted:

Number is 816-741-0618

More to come later about "Opening Night" at my place, but suffice to say, I have been testing ribs from a couple local places that are acceptable in price/quality. So we will have ribs, genuine Kansas burgers from home (Dad runs about 80 head of cows still) and probably some brats as well.

Still debating on the pulled pork.......
1965 F-100 240 Autolite 1101, Disk brake dual master upgraded, swapped over to C4 and powersteering. Bought by my Dad new in March 65'

Planned/considered upgrades:
Perhaps power brakes, 300 I6 motor and JUST maybe, AC!