Carb update

This Forum contains all the threads for Slick-Stock 2008. For viewing only.

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Kid
United States of America

Carb update

Post by Kid »

Well I finally got time to take the carb back to the store I got it at. Talked to the Manager and he is not very happy. I told him about how the guy was on the phone at the tech dept who rebuilt it. He said he will be on the phone first thing in the morning to sombody higher up that the tech guy. He appologized to me several times, he knows me pretty well as it is where I buy most of my parts. I told him I was pretty mad by the time I got off the phone and he told me whatever I said to him would be minor to what he has to say to the guys boss.
To get everyone else up tp date to know what i am talking about, I bought a reman carb a few days before I left home and it fell apart on the way. I had a extra with me that was in pretty bad shape but it got me to K.C. I called the parts house I got it at and they told me to call the tech guy at the place that rebuilt it and maybe they could help me get it back together. The tech guy was a complete jerk ( nicer than what I called him). I asked if there was another place in K.C. that I could pick up another and he said I had to take it back to the place I got it to get a replacement. I tried to tell him I was 250 miles from there and he was absolutley no help to me at all. Thanks to cdherman, he loaned me a carb to get me back home and then found a extra he had and made me a good deal on it so i bought it and put it on.
I am not sure what will happen tomorrow but the manager took my number and I have to stop by there tomorrow nite on my way home to see him and find out what the place has to say...........Kid
There are some Days I should not be let to go into the public without adult supervision
Truckrat
United States of America

carb

Post by Truckrat »

grrsign.gif I know what you mean by tech guys who treat customers like crap. I called 1-800-Cam-Help(Competition Cams Help Line) a while back, told them what I had, engine size and how it was equipped, and what I wanted in a cam, and you'd thought I was asking the doofus to do pushups the way he acted. So I thought, why do I have to put up with this crap from this guy who is supposed to be here to HELP ME? So I asked him if he talked to all his customers that way? I said maybe he would like to go get his supervisor and let me talk to him about it and let him ask why he had a crappy attitude. Things got better after that, but the next time I called it was a whole lot better. Sounds like you have a good parts guy there Darrell, and who knows what kind of butt chewin' that tech guy got, but he deserves it and then some. Maybe they just fired his sorry attitude self. Luck to you on the carb issues, and thank heavens for Slick members like CD and the rest of the guys(didn't remember who all helped, sorry) for helping you through it. TR
Greg D
United States of America

Post by Greg D »

1964 F 100 - I am going to do "something" with it.......

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=15942

1987 Mustang LX Convertible, 2.3 Auto - cruiser.
1994 F 150 XLT 2WD

~ Yes - I adopted another cat..............

Cam L Milan,
You'll be missed my friend.