Who Had a good time at Slickstock 3?

This Forum contains all the threads for Slick-Stock 2008. For viewing only.

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Who had a good time at Slickstock 3?

Poll ended at August 19, 2010, 10:01 am

I did, can't wait for the next one
76%
I went, but it sucked
No votes
I had 15 million excuses and didn't come, but wish I had
21%
I don't go to these things. I hate fun.
3%

Total votes: 29

Johnny Canuck
Canada

Who Had a good time at Slickstock 3?

Post by Johnny Canuck »

to convince those who are still on the fence
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
61 Merc
Canada

Post by 61 Merc »

Had a great time, wish I had made it to SS2.
61 Mercury SWB Uni - Project
62 Mercury SWB BBW - Race truck
63 Ford SWB Uni - Daily driver (Jinx)
63 Ford SWB Uni - Parts truck
64Ranger

Post by 64Ranger »

I had a great time...the best part was that my wife had great time as well. Both on the trip to and from and at Slick Stock itself. It was great to see the guys I met in York, PA and the guys I had not met before.

Thanks again Gerry....
Doug
Riverside, CA
slick4x4
United States of America

Post by slick4x4 »

:rocker: hurrah.gif :thumright: :dancing:
my vote and my wifes vote were the same
HAD A GREAT TIME
[b]'' I think what scares me the most about you guys is that I understand you '' ..... KID
'' lookin good, a little paint adds at least 100hp!'' ....... COOTER
'' well an old guy can dream cant he? ''............ICEMAN
''I would donate organs before selling my slick''........ HOOFBEAT RACER
ezernut9mm
Sweden

Post by ezernut9mm »

i would have voted no. 4, but i think my sense of humor would've been lost... i had a great time! now if i could just get my wife into it as much as i am.
always
"i believe i've achieved satisfaction".-bubbles
"should i be gettin" baked for this boys?"-bubbles

i could no longer keep "r.i.p.ing" all of our fallen brothers and sisters, so i say here, slick loads of love and much respect to all you beautiful people.
Hoofbeat Racer
Canada

Post by Hoofbeat Racer »

ezernut9mm wrote:i would have voted no. 4, but i think my sense of humor would've been lost... i had a great time! now if i could just get my wife into it as much as i am.

Chris, you read my mind. End of story. I need to convince mine that driving to Des Moines in a 44 year old truck for 1600 miles at 95 decibals in 100 deg heat is a good time. I have to 2 years to do it. Wish me luck :twisted:
Mark

ezernut9mm
Sweden

Post by ezernut9mm »

lolololol. i do hear that mark. you nailed the experience and i hope to also be able to talk my wife into it.
always
"i believe i've achieved satisfaction".-bubbles
"should i be gettin" baked for this boys?"-bubbles

i could no longer keep "r.i.p.ing" all of our fallen brothers and sisters, so i say here, slick loads of love and much respect to all you beautiful people.
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

I figured on at least Garbz voting #4 :lol:
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

Post by 6166 Junkyard Dog »

I would have come but could not, wanted to drive my truck could not, will go if possible since I did go to the 2nd one,,, BUT I did call Dave Saturday so does that count for something since ??? I was thinking of you.. OH BY THE WAY JC I like your avatar picture
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch
Where Ford Trucks Rest in Peace

Dakota,,, RIP will never be the same looking for 61-66 trucks again ,, :cry: Kathy :cry:
Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Kansas City, MO
Slickstock,,, Altoona, IOWA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

Now Cooper will try his best :lol: :lol:

Cooper now has 2018 Slick Stock,, give him a fair star :lol:
Slickstock Kansas City, Mo
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Thanks, that's Moraine Lake in Banff National park. Too bad , Tom you would have had the first Merc at SS. Heard your message to Garbz on Sat.

So, you voted #3? :lol:
Truckrat
United States of America

Who had a good time at SS3

Post by Truckrat »

:cheers: Oh Yeah!!! Thanks again to Gerry and Kathy for such a great event. Glad I came even tho my truck didn't. Mark, You and Chris sound like you are married to the same woman I am.
Guess I had better have A/C in my truck if I want my wife to come with me. I have already been talking to her about it. She doesn't know how much fun she will have, yet. So I will be telling her about all the ladies that came and had a good time, too. By the time SS4 gets here, she will have some time off scheduled to come with me. Hope you guys will get your ladies won over by then. TR
Kid
United States of America

Post by Kid »

Guys , if you are having problems convincing your wives just tell them to call my Wife. She has been to all 3, well the first one she was only at part time. She will NOT miss any in the future. She has made freinds with the wives just like we have. IF your wife is on the fence just tell them they will not regret going and if they come home and did not have a good time tell them they can go on a shopping spree when they get home that you will pay for, LOL.

If you have not made it to one yet you have to do anything you can to make the next one with or without your truck. You will have the time of your life and meet some of the greatest people. The friends I have made from this group is beyond explanation.

I hope to see everyone who was at either of the First three events at the next one and hope to meet a bunch more new freinds there also......................Darrell
There are some Days I should not be let to go into the public without adult supervision
Kid
United States of America

Post by Kid »

Hey guys, Tell them my wife rode 2700 miles out to York Pa and back in Aug in my 65 with no A/C and she had a great time...........Kid
There are some Days I should not be let to go into the public without adult supervision
Greg D
United States of America

Post by Greg D »

Rose liked everyone so much she cried almost 1/2 the way home after leaving them. I have never seen her cry in the 2 years we have been together. We WILL be at 2010! and hope to see some new friends there along with the old ones.
1964 F 100 - I am going to do "something" with it.......

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=15942

1987 Mustang LX Convertible, 2.3 Auto - cruiser.
1994 F 150 XLT 2WD

~ Yes - I adopted another cat..............

Cam L Milan,
You'll be missed my friend.
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

Hey Greg! not so much of the old please some of us are sensitive types! :rotflmao:

We`ll be there!, Lyn`s already talking about it!!!!
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!
66 f100 tabletop swb 351 Clevo C6 "Beryl"

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Slick Stock 8.............................. cry.gif
prost66

Post by prost66 »

My wife [Linda] has been to all 3 and will be at 4. Has been about 4000 miles all together. We have dragged and driven that old 66 all over this country and Canada to alot of different events and have met alot of great people in the process. I never dreamed I would have so much fun with an old blue truck!! THanks" BORK "for getting me to join Slick 60's I have buillt alot of toys over the years, but the truck has been the best!! Merle & Linda
1966 F-100 "Grabber Blue" Pro St. [ 99 to 44/100% pure recycled FORD ]
fmartin_gila

Post by fmartin_gila »

I think everybody had a good time. Have heard nor felt any negatives. I know that I thoroughly enjoyed the trip and the get-together. Already looking at the map to get a route worked out for the next one.

I know it took a lot of work to put it together and it is very much appreciated by the entire group. THANK YOU.

Fred
cdherman

Post by cdherman »

Hoofbeat Racer wrote:
ezernut9mm wrote:i would have voted no. 4, but i think my sense of humor would've been lost... i had a great time! now if i could just get my wife into it as much as i am.

Chris, you read my mind. End of story. I need to convince mine that driving to Des Moines in a 44 year old truck for 1600 miles at 95 decibals in 100 deg heat is a good time. I have to 2 years to do it. Wish me luck :twisted:

I just drove 270 miles on Friday with my 2 daughters to my parents place. The first 20 miles were very strange -- sort of, " How did I get myself into 5 hours of wind, heat and noise" Then it got more fun all the way.

By the end, I was almost thinking another 200 miles would be OK.......

Labor Day parade is tomorrow. Dad is driving and kids get to scatter the candy. I am going to just sit and watch.......
1965 F-100 240 Autolite 1101, Disk brake dual master upgraded, swapped over to C4 and powersteering. Bought by my Dad new in March 65'

Planned/considered upgrades:
Perhaps power brakes, 300 I6 motor and JUST maybe, AC!
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

had a great time, did not feel out of place being truckless either.
definitely an event worth attending.
1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
castruck_1964
Canada

Post by castruck_1964 »

:iagree: with Brian
:hm: But then again as a canuck I would have been more out of place if I had brought a truck :shock: :wink: whistle.gif
Slicks rule
dd/ 19 F150,97 Tbird
62 swb bbw uni next project
460 C6

Ken