Fall Get Together

NY, NJ, PA, DE, DC, MD

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Marty in PA
United States of America

Fall Get Together

Post by Marty in PA »

Hi All. Quietwyatt (Chuck) and I were chatting yesterday and we ended the conversation with a thought of getting a group picnic together in September. Although it will be difficult to find a date that works for all, we are shooting for Saturday Sept 8th (Labor Day is the 3rd) at my house in Wrightsville, PA. Would anyone be interested in attending?
Those attending the Spring Splash previous years at Chuck’s always had a blast. Not trying to replace the “Splash” just thought about a fall get together. Let me know and we can begin planning. Keep Cool.

Click the link below to see photos from Spring Splash 2011.

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=22235&p=193682&hilit=spring+splash#p193682
Marty

1965 F100 Short Bed w/390 and 4 on the floor.

When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that is the beginning of the end of any nation.
quietwyatt

Re: Fall Get Together

Post by quietwyatt »

Marty, As we had talked earlier. I will be there. Thanks for stepping up to bat on this. I hope to see a nice turn out.
Wyatt

1965 F-250 (Betty Boop)
DV65CustomCab
United States of America

Post by DV65CustomCab »

Should be no problem for me to be there. Close to the wife's birthday (5th) but she'll just have to select another day to celebrate. :mrgreen:
Stop The Longbed Hate! :)
'65 F100 Custom Cab bought 2002/Sold 2014
Now: '93 F150 Lightning
quietwyatt

Post by quietwyatt »

Wyatt

1965 F-250 (Betty Boop)
Marty in PA
United States of America

Post by Marty in PA »

quietwyatt wrote:Is it ok for me to bring my flag?
http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l273/ ... bikini.jpg

"abso-darn-lutly"!!!!!!
Actually I've got a better answer but I probably shouldn't post it. LOL
Marty

When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that is the beginning of the end of any nation.
DukeRoche
United States of America

Post by DukeRoche »

Thank you very much for the invite. I am down for this and will make the 5 1/2 hour trip. I can do the 8th but not the 15th. Hope the date doesn't change. Count me in!
The Green Machine

GO ARMY, BEAT NAVY!
Marty in PA
United States of America

Post by Marty in PA »

Great!
Since I've never attended one of these let alone host one, this is will develope alot buy those with more experience. Last year's Splash thread mentioned someone "doin some pickin" - works for me!
Marty

Fanatic

Post by Fanatic »

The 8th should work for me also
INEPTOCRACY: (in-ep'-toc-ra-cy) : a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.
Fanatic

Post by Fanatic »

oh and Chuck......is that Jackie in that bikini?
INEPTOCRACY: (in-ep'-toc-ra-cy) : a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.
Marty in PA
United States of America

Post by Marty in PA »

At some point I'll get a count and the covered dishes etc. probably PM everyone with my address and directions as well.
Marty

thrush544

Post by thrush544 »

The 8th works for me right now. I'll check with the wife and see if she would like to go. Are any other wives planning on attending?
"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway." - John Wayne

Proverbs 3: 5-6
DukeRoche
United States of America

Post by DukeRoche »

I'm bringing my girlfriend with me Thrush. We're due for a road trip. Any hotels by you Marty?
The Green Machine

GO ARMY, BEAT NAVY!
quietwyatt

Post by quietwyatt »

Hey Fanatic, I'm going to plead the 5th on that one. You just want to get me in trouble. :lol:
Oh, My wife will be attending. I might be able to bring my guitar. It's been a few years.
See Marty, You're doing good. :clap:
Wyatt

1965 F-250 (Betty Boop)
Marty in PA
United States of America

Post by Marty in PA »

thrush544 wrote:The 8th works for me right now. I'll check with the wife and see if she would like to go. Are any other wives planning on attending?

There a few "no tell motels" close by but new Holiday Inn Express not far (actually in Chucks backyard.) That would be the closet/nicest. I'll get some info for you.
Marty

Marty in PA
United States of America

Post by Marty in PA »

DukeRoche wrote:I'm bringing my girlfriend with me Thrush. We're due for a road trip. Any hotels by you Marty?

Here is the link to the Holiday Inn Express, 18 Cinema Drive in East York, 717-718-4447. http://www.hiexpress.com/hotels/us/en/y ... ex-_-thvea

My house is about nine miles east from this HI Express.

There is another HI Express in York but that's at Leader Heights Rd (South of York) but that will be further away.

Hope this helps.
Marty

DukeRoche
United States of America

Post by DukeRoche »

Sure does. Please confirm the date of the 8th so we can make reservations.
The Green Machine

GO ARMY, BEAT NAVY!
Marty in PA
United States of America

Post by Marty in PA »

DukeRoche wrote:Sure does. Please confirm the date of the 8th so we can make reservations.

Yep! 8th it is. Lets say 1:00. :burp:
Marty

thrush544

Post by thrush544 »

I have it marked on my calendar! If I don't have a new old truck by then I'll plan on bringing my 64 Galaxie 500.
"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway." - John Wayne

Proverbs 3: 5-6
DukeRoche
United States of America

Post by DukeRoche »

I'll make reservations tonight. Its kind of a drive but let us know if you need us to bring anything.
The Green Machine

GO ARMY, BEAT NAVY!
kevin steidle
United States of America

Post by kevin steidle »

:steering: HI ALL...I'm new here to this forum. I would love to join the PA fall get together. I have a 1965 F100... Looking forward to a nice fall ride!
Kevin

Last edited by kevin steidle on July 31, 2012, 9:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.