colorado

TX, OK, AZ, LA, NM, AR, CO

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Uncle Skip
United States of America

Post by Uncle Skip »

Beans is vegetables. You serve them as a side. Nothing in chili but meat and chili.
Yankee's eat "chili" soup; most of it is inedible and they put crap like noodles, beans, maybe even carrots, and other stuff that modesty prevents me from mentioning. And it doesn't even have enough heat to make a virgin blush.
Who ever heard of anyone from Cleveland, Ohio making anything but sloppy joes.
Guys, it ain't really chili...... get over it.
Chili is chili.
Come on down to Texas and get religion. :D
No alibis, no excuses, no chebbys, no regrets.
U@ss
I'm not arguing with you. I'm just explaining why I'm right.
Pardon me. Does your deaug bite?
shawns fords

Post by shawns fords »

lmfao, ive never had Yankee chilli before. but tons of folks from texass and other southern states come up here for the annual chilli cookoff and end up going home with their tails tucked. you wouldnt believe some iof the colorado chilli made, gotta keep ourselves warm in these cold snowy winters.
and I have made the famous carrol shelby Chilli before, there used to be a recipe around here for it somewhere, always cameo ut good. just a bit different, (like most texans are) :lol:
shawns fords

Post by shawns fords »

Ive been wanting to get up that way to check out the museum, some of my racing buddies have talked about going before, mabye before it gets too cold and holidays hit
armyboy65

Post by armyboy65 »

im not i colarado yet but i soon will be by the end of the year im getting stationed at ft carson not exactly shure where in co that is but ill be there ... i wont be bringing my slick out with me on account that it still need alot of work but i will be looking for a new one when i get out there
~Bernard
shawns fords

Post by shawns fords »

welcome to slicks60's. Ft carson is on the south end of colorado springs. its about 50 miles away from me. plenty of slicks down there. esp if you head more south into the older mountain towns.
armyboy65

Post by armyboy65 »

thanks will defenatly check it out
~Bernard
Garbz

Post by Garbz »

Shawn

Chris has been a slickester from way back.

Glad to see you posting Chris.

Enjoyed the call on Saturday and drove the new truck home.

Garbz
Rosati

Post by Rosati »

Beans are served with BBQ only. And it has to be cooked in a pit with wood. No gas or factory formed briquets. Chili must burn, twice. If not, it's bean stew.
'nuff said
I hate Message Boards.
stullie64.5

hey

Post by stullie64.5 »

whats up shawn? been awhile well how is your truck coming along? what was the name of that place that you got your headers from? and what was the name of the place that you got the custom guage cluster from?
shawns fords

Post by shawns fords »

hey man, long time for sure, Are you ready for race season? bring that slick down to bandimere and race with us in club clash, your truck will fit right in there.

I have been getting busy with mine, started running wires again and piddly stuff I can do on it here and there. Recovering from the flu so I havent hadm uch energy.
I bought my Headers from Sandersons. and the Instrument panel came from NPD ,but its available from carolina classics, (youll find it cheaper that way)
I bought my guages from streamline hot rods downtown denver off Kalamath. Make sure you get them with ford sending units. then you wont have to send in the GM ones in swap for ford, like your temp sender and oil, lol.

here are some links

http://www.sandersonheaders.com < pipes
http://www.carolina-classics.com < instrument cluster
http://www.streamlinerods.com < guages ( classic instruments)

Let me know if you want to race with us. its friday nights once or twice a month, street ET series type of bracket style racing. two classes top street and hot rod, ET breaks are 10.50-13.99 and 13.99- ?? Lots of fun and majority of the cars are ol hot rods Check out more information at Bandimeres website www.Bandimere.com

shawn

oh yeah I also cook a mean breakfast at ford fest lol. maybe this season ill make up some chilli with Beanz!!! :lol:

this is the good side
holmboy
United States of America

Post by holmboy »

This site is weird sometimes... I'm sure I have posted in this thread before but not seeing it!

Oh well, just checking in as another Colorado Slick Fan. Amazing to me that there aren't a lot more people from around here on this site with as many Slicks as I see around town.

Have a whole back yard and garage full of slick stuff but nothing finished yet. Let me know if your looking for anything, I might have it.

I have suspension parts I would like to sell. Droped front axle with springs that have the eyes turned. Gives a nice stance.

Chris
Max
United States of America

Post by Max »

Hi Chris, there's a few guys around Colorado but not sure how close to you. I have a sister in Parker. Will definitely keep you in mind myself for missing parts.
"If you don't want to stand behind our Troops, feel free to stand in front of them."

1964 Ford F100
1967 US Army M416
stullie64.5

hey

Post by stullie64.5 »

hey thanks for those websites shawn, i am actually building a new motor and my goal is to have it done by truckfest and have it down there, but you know how it goes, my new motor will have roughly 650 horses but i will se what ia can do about joing you guys and i will keep in touch
shawns fords

Post by shawns fords »

wow, sounds like your going " all out" We are having a get together before season this sunday at a bowling alley off wadsworth and mississippi, if you want to come down and meet up with some of us. Also if you need a good trans builder I know of one he does my Trannies and is very affordable. I am sure your going to want to build that C6 with al lthe power your looking to put through it. your more than welcome to run with us. I have a goal to have my 64 Ready for Fall ET series. thats the best time, nice cool air and lots of fun. Give me a call or just stop on by that bowling alley sunday the 16th

this is the good side
stullie64.5

Post by stullie64.5 »

hey shawn i have some stuff for sale if you know anybody who might want it

dana 6o with 4.11 posi
93 4.0 v6 out of an explorer, 40,000 miles
400m that is built with a good amount of power, 10,000 miles
set of stock ford wheels, off of an 98 expedition
a set of pontiac factory rally wheels off of a 78 pontiac trans am
a 66 ford 1 ton dually project truck
a c6 trany for an FE block
shawns fords

Post by shawns fords »

I am interested in the 400m and possibly the FE C6. I will keep my eyes open for you.

this is the good side
stullie64.5

hey

Post by stullie64.5 »

sorry shawn i actually just sold my 4oom just a little bit ago but i still have the c6
shawns fords

Post by shawns fords »

Damn, that was quick :lol:

this is the good side
stullie64.5

hey

Post by stullie64.5 »

shawn that guy who wanted it never showed up but but i have got a lot of calls on it, if i still have it this weekend would you like to come out and look at it?
shawns fords

Post by shawns fords »

I would but cant this weekend and not sure about the next. I go pick up one of the studebakers hopefulyl this time for good on saturday then, sunday have a racer/ club get together. prob have to work the next weekend because I will be behind by tomorrow lol

this is the good side