Another Oklahoma Newbie

TX, OK, AZ, LA, NM, AR, CO

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Myet2002

Another Oklahoma Newbie

Post by Myet2002 »

Hello All!
I have a recently aquired 64 f100 and am starting to put back together. I have had a 48, 50, and a 72 in the past but never a mid 60s before. Bought the truck cheap, it is almost rust free, a little in the floor boards only. I was going to put it a 351w and toploader 4 speed, but decided to go with an old 223 and 3 speed. I am in the Chandler area and would be interested to know of any other members in the area. BTW I am searching for a stock exhaust manifold for the 223, one WITHOUT cracks. If anyone has one or knows where one is I would sure appreciate it. Todd
Gritsngumbo
United States of America

Re: Another Oklahoma Newbie

Post by Gritsngumbo »

:welcome: from Louisiana! Good on you for keeping the 223. If you decide you need more cubes, consider a Y-Block which would have also been available in the truck.
If you understand what you’re doing, you’re not learning anything.

LITTLE RED: 64 F100 Short Style
BIG RED: 62 F100 Long Uni
BIG “UN": 63 F250 Long Flare
BBW RED: 61 F100 CC BBW Long Uni
CRIMSON CREW: 63 F100 "Stageway" Long Flare Crew Cab
"RANGER": 66 F100 CC Long Flatbed
"AVA" 1963 Avion T-20 Travel Trailer
“Lucille” 1955 New Moon 44’ Travel Trailer
Myet2002

Post by Myet2002 »

Thanks! i started to put the 351 in, but as I was getting it ready I decided I really wanted to keep the old truck feel, since all the others I have had, I switched to newer v8s. I used to have a 312 from a T-Bird with a 3 duce offy intake, but sadly parted with it several years ago. Sure wish I had it now!
Uncle Skip
United States of America

Post by Uncle Skip »

Todd.
Welcome.
My best friend is from Chandler.
Tom Henson, aka BroncoTom and he's a long time Slickster on here. Glad to have you.
I'll tell him you're on and maybe he'll give you a call next time he goes up to visit.
You need to get in touch with TruckRat too. He's in OK City.
I'm not arguing with you. I'm just explaining why I'm right.
Pardon me. Does your deaug bite?