anyone interested in a Fall Des Moines Iowa cookout

MN, IA, MO, NE, ND, IL, SD, KS, MAN, NW Ont

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Kid
United States of America

Re: anyone interested in a Fall Des Moines Iowa cookout

Post by Kid »

not trying to do anything huge just thought a tour of the speedway would be cool if we could do it. I was thinking of doing the cooking at our place and kicking back and relaxing
There are some Days I should not be let to go into the public without adult supervision
ezernut9mm
Sweden

Post by ezernut9mm »

i will bring my tent. we can have a fire can't we? lol
always
"i believe i've achieved satisfaction".-bubbles
"should i be gettin" baked for this boys?"-bubbles

i could no longer keep "r.i.p.ing" all of our fallen brothers and sisters, so i say here, slick loads of love and much respect to all you beautiful people.
Kid
United States of America

Post by Kid »

I have a couple old rims for a fire pit we can use. We can set out back and enjoy the quiet country evening after we cook out............Kid
There are some Days I should not be let to go into the public without adult supervision
slixtyfive
United States of America

Post by slixtyfive »

Maybe the track tour can be a preview for SS6?? We could tour again in 2014 and maybe they would allow us to drive our slicks around the track?? (with a speed limit of course)
"It's better to be gone but not forgotten, than to be forgotten but not gone." Gary Allan
Kid
United States of America

Post by Kid »

Just got off the phone with Newton Speedway and we are set for a tour. The Tour will be 60 to 90 minutes long and will be $5.00 per person and we have to have a minimum of 10 people. We are set to start at 3pm on the 27th but we will not be able to get on the track as there is a driving experience class that day so cars will be out running. We can all meet in Altoona somewhere and cruise out there or we can meet at the track after the tour we will go back to our place for a cookout.

Tell me what you guys think, is this something everyone will be interested in doing................Kid
LM14
United States of America

Post by LM14 »

Count Dianne and me in. Our oldest wants to buy her wedding dress that day but we can put that off! (You know how many slick parts you can buy for the cost of a wedding dress?!) How about meeting at the SS motel in Altoona? Most everyone knows where that is. Easy access to Interstate for the trip to Newton.

Just a thought,
SPark
1932 Ford 5 window coupe. 302/C4
1962 8V-390/C6 Unibody Short Bed Soon to be Big Window - The Lincoln that never was
2013 F150 Super Crew Eco Boost 4x4
2015 Ford Edge for the little lady, because she said so!
2007 Mustang GT, 4.6-3V/5 Speed. Only 8680 miles on the clock.

More toys, I need more toys!!!
Kid
United States of America

Post by Kid »

OK, Settle Inn is full that wekend and the Holoday In express is quite high on prices so I called the Cofax Inn in Colfax Iowa and they will give us a rate of $61.00 a nite and if you have a pet it will be an extra $10. Their number to call is 515 674-4455 and tell them you are with the Slick 60's truck club. I told them we would need about 5 rooms. It isnt to far from our place and we can all meet there on that Sat afternoon to head to Newton for the Speedway tour at about 1pm. After the tour we can head back to our place for a cookout and kick back and relax.

Hope to see as many as possible to make the trip ............Kid
foodstick

Post by foodstick »

I dunno how tight your schedule is .. butwe could prolly stop at my Moms farm and get some pictures out on the hill.. Not many better places around for truck pics than that.
Kid
United States of America

Post by Kid »

no schedule, We can stop going either way . Tour is at 3 and should be done by 4 or 4:30 or we can meet a little earlier and do it on the way out there.
Kid
United States of America

Post by Kid »

how about we meet at the hotel about 12 or 1 and head to your Moms and take a few pics and then head for Newton
Kid
United States of America

Post by Kid »

Need a head count. If you are showing up I need to know how much food to get so let me know...........Kid
foodstick

Post by foodstick »

I am pretty sure Bill is going so , that will be 2

Oh and I think there is a warbird flyin at the rc field near you that day ...
slixtyfive
United States of America

Post by slixtyfive »

Like I mentioned before - I'll have to be a 'maybe' for now but I should be able to be more definitive on Friday.
"It's better to be gone but not forgotten, than to be forgotten but not gone." Gary Allan
Kid
United States of America

Post by Kid »

1402 N Walnut St Colfax, IA, 50054
Phone: 515-674-4455
Kid
United States of America

Post by Kid »

we need 10 people for the Tour of Newton Speedway. It is $5.00 a person So far we have
Lance
Bill
Me
My brother
Mike
Wendy
Mark Scott
?
?
?
?
?
?
foodstick

Post by foodstick »

I also believe my friend Carl will be riding along, he is a Good mechanic and a rc airplane flyer, going to see if we can CONVINCE him he needs a truck ;)

Spread the Slick-itus !
LM14
United States of America

Post by LM14 »

We're planning to come but Laura and Dianne feel the need to do the wedding dress thing that afternoon! I'm playing wth trucks!

That makes me one for the Speedway.

Do we go past the motel on the way to your place from the Speedway? She's planning to meet me someplace after they are done dress buying fitting and thought the motel may work? Better place along the way? Sorry for the drama, you know weddings!

Thanks for all your work!
SPark
1932 Ford 5 window coupe. 302/C4
1962 8V-390/C6 Unibody Short Bed Soon to be Big Window - The Lincoln that never was
2013 F150 Super Crew Eco Boost 4x4
2015 Ford Edge for the little lady, because she said so!
2007 Mustang GT, 4.6-3V/5 Speed. Only 8680 miles on the clock.

More toys, I need more toys!!!
Kid
United States of America

Post by Kid »

I will PM you my number. Shopping in Des Moines it is closer to head out to our place than the Hotel if they want to meet up after we tour the Speedway. I will add directions to the PM from Des Moines to our house........Darrell
Kid
United States of America

Post by Kid »

Looks like a plan will be to meet at the Hotel in Colfax and take off from there. We can meet about 12 . I have to work Sat till 1 but am only a short distance away from the hotel. If we set a meeting time of Noon you guys can head out to Lances Moms and do some pics on the hillside if you want and I will catch up., it is a great place for truck pics and then we can head to Newton for the tour.

The Hotel is at exit 155 and is on the North side of the Interestate across from the McDonalds and the address is 1402 N Walnut St Colfax, IA, 50054
Phone: 515-674-4455

The address of where we are going to meet in Newton is 3333 Rusty Wallace Drive. It is exit 168 off I-80, you go South off the Interstae and Rusty Wallace drive is on the right if you want to just meet us there at 3 pm. It will be $5 per person and we need 10 people for the tour, I am waiting on a call back from the Speedway to see what happens in the event of foul weather and if we only have 9 people can I just pay the extra $5 to get them the required minimum

After we leave Newton we can head back to our place for tall tales and food. Hope to see a bunch this Sat
Godlover

Post by Godlover »

I am going to try to make it back from our family get together by 3 so I can meet you at the Speedway. Not that need a tour but hanging out with you all is worth 5 bucks!