Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

unibody madness
United States of America

Re: Crockett, CA checking in.

Post by unibody madness »

looks like its coming together, all the hard work is starting to pay off
Turk build thread at:
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=18944

It does not matter what you think, it only matters what you do about it!
milldinaire
United States of America

Post by milldinaire »

Thanks John. I fear the hard work is about to start with boxing the frame. Might end up needing to buy a new makita for the job, and about a hundred cut off wheels. Should be fun though.
milldinaire
United States of America

Post by milldinaire »

I got a little further over the last couple of days.

One step closer to getting Crown Vic front swap in.
milldinaire
United States of America

Post by milldinaire »

Got some more parts yesterday in the mail. I found some Threaded tube inserts to fit my 1 3/4 120 wall dom tubing. Finally! The price was great and the product looks good as well. They were only 10.99 a piece. I'd like to add that they only get cheaper the smaller you go. Here's some shots.

Not much, but these put me one step closer. To my goal of an awesome truck...

Getting ready to deal with this massive cross member this weekend. Well hopefully this weekend, Wife permiting.
I hve to cut the welds. I'm not to concerned with the obvious ones on top. Mainly the ones on the bottom inside, its gonna take forever to cut through those with my mini cut of wheels by dremel. Speaking of mini cut off wheels. They work pretty damn well, especially if you want a thin cut. I burned out my dremel using them on a motorcycle frame I put together. I'm now using a motor that does'nt spin as fast as a dremel, so it takes a bit longer. but , clean.

Thanks for watching. Till next time
Jeremiah.

milldinaire
United States of America

Post by milldinaire »

Well this morning I've been draining my gas out of my tank. While this is happening a trickle at a time. No, just a lot of fuel in the tank. I've been pondering about my engine as it sits off to the side. Still not quite sure as to what fe I am looking at.

Yesterday I drained the oil and found the head casting number, c8ae-h. So, I looked it up and of course as the block. Those numbers are pretty irrelavent. That number tells me that these head were on 352 up to 428's . At least when googled on FTE forum. Not this forum though. Here they seem to be 360 on up. Needless to say I am still confussed. Which is cool. I have... am gonna do head and intake gaskets so I'll just bust out the calipers and measure bore and stroke. That will finally put my situation to rest.

Today I hope to get that cross member out and move forward with my front suspension install. This is hella fun and I am having a great time tearing apart this truck. Learning a lot...

I got to go give away some free gas.
unibody madness
United States of America

Remember to drink lots of fluids, people are falling out right and left. We lost one already on the ship today who thought he was a camel
Turk build thread at:

milldinaire
United States of America

Post by milldinaire »

No doubt. Hydrating right now. I was sweating like a bastard to get that k-member out. Done deal and got new k member sitting up on frame now. Gonna look sweet!
milldinaire
United States of America

Post by milldinaire »

Sorry to hear about your co worker and thanks for the advice.
milldinaire
United States of America

Post by milldinaire »

Got my k-member out today finally. I thought I might try and cut it out in one piece. No such luck, so I cut it with a saws all type deal and a cut off wheel. Now I got it up and in a relative location till I drill some holes and get some pipe. It's so damn hot here I need to throw in the towel till another day.
Some pics.

Thanks for viewing.
milldinaire
United States of America

Post by milldinaire »

"Dude,how was work today?"
Me, "It sucked."
"Yea?"
Me, " Yeah, I much rather have spent my day wasted away working on my sweet ass ride."
"I bet. That thing is gonna be freak'n awesome!"
Me, "Hell yeah!"
"Hell Yeah!
Me, "Let's blow this popsicle stand!
"Till next time Me."
unibody madness
United States of America

Told you to post it over in projects and builds, nobody looks over here,I have to clear away the cobwebs every time you post just to read it. :D

The heat will let up soon and you can stop baking your brain in the garage, cooled down a little last night when the fog rolled in, will be back to our natural air conditioning by saturday. Sure is nice to feel the air moving a little after feeling like the southwest for over a week, I left my ride alone out of self defense.

Have at it over the four day weekend I expect to see some progress while I'm back!
Take the wife and kids out for some family time if it gets too hot, at least out of that valley if the air does'nt move.
John
Turk build thread at:

milldinaire
United States of America

Post by milldinaire »

Damn cobwebs. I figured as much. Not to worry, I'll be working on some stuff here soon that should draw some serious attention. I just got to get through all the boring dismantling parts of this project. Just scored some pipe to finish up the frontend swap. I'm looking at buying a 2000 explore (v8 model) this weekend. I need the rear sway bar... Have a great Independence Day weekend John.

West Side! :burp:
HiBoy63
Ireland

Post by HiBoy63 »

Hey John Im watching up here in Washington st. I am pretty much restoring 2 slick 4wds to stock condition. When I get thru with them in a few years I will be attempting to do what I see a lot of you guys doing to your trucks. I enjoy watching yours and others progress in photos and verbage and Im making mental notes so when I find that swb 57 fridge Ill have a good handle on what I can do to it and with it. I cant wait. Hope you have a happy 4th.
1963 F250 4x4x292
1965 F100 4x4x352
1998 F150 4x4x4.6
2001 Sport Track 4x4x4.0

In case you are wondering thats Ireland......Freedom is not Free!!!!!!!!

Heritage country Flag
milldinaire
United States of America

Post by milldinaire »

Right on HiBoy. I hope to keep all the steps and little details I encounter along the way up to date and informative as well as entertaining. Happy fourth to you and your family HiBoy.
milldinaire
United States of America

Post by milldinaire »

Ran in to a bit of a snafu trying to find a place to square up my frontend yesterday. I found that my core supports frame holes were not square. I found that the drivers side hole was 3/16 to far back. That answered some of my body fitment issues I had. I'm hopeing that moving it forward 3/16 will eliminate the gap on the drivers side upper valace. One issue figured out... Next.
unibody madness
United States of America

Answers a lot of questions for sure! do you supose there might be some hidden damage from that earlier accident you said you suspected?
Now would be a good time to cross measure in case the whole frame is wracked. corner to corner with a come-a-long would even things out once you loosened the cab mounting bolts. Should be a piece of cake with everything either loosened or cut off.
Keep pump'n, make me proud!!!
Still up here,,, working on the work uni, flushed the radiator,replaced the thermostat, and swaped carbs with my boys stepside, getting ready for the Clifford intake and exaust swap and getting preped to set those containers on corner pads. So much more fufilling than work... looking forward to two years from now.
John
Turk build thread at:

milldinaire
United States of America

Post by milldinaire »

I had actually suspected the same thing about being out of whack. All measurements came out okay on the rear earlier. During the step notch job. The measurements I took up front all lined up. Except the core support mount on the drivers side. Once I re-put the fenders back on for the fourth time, it was completely obvious knowing what I know now. I could only guess earlier.

Sounds like you are having a good time up there John. Keep cool and get after it. I'll see you when you come back yonder.
milldinaire
United States of America

Post by milldinaire »

New bits arrived today, Yay! No stickers though. Shame on you summit. Anyway graet turn around. I ordered these brackets yesterday. One more step closer!

I can't wait!
milldinaire
United States of America

Post by milldinaire »

What a pain in the ass! Time for new rubbers and ball joints.
milldinaire
United States of America

Post by milldinaire »

Welp after long debate and a shallow wallet. I'm gonna mount this front suspension this weekend and move my core support forward 3/16 drivers side. That should help my upper valace and grille look a hundred times better on final assembly. Sooner or later I gotta make it to the metal yard and get me some 2x4 so I can build my 4 link mounts and build a couple cross members from all the ones I am gonna remove.

Side note...I am looking for is a 65-66 long bed 2 piece drive shaft and carrier bearing. If anybody should have one laying around collecting dust. Hit me up.

anyway here's to the weekend :burp: