Anyone in NC lowered a 66 F100

FL, GA, AL, SC, MS, TN, NC

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

cnsmoore

Anyone in NC lowered a 66 F100

Post by cnsmoore »

I do not want to attempt this myself. Could anyone in or around North Carolina help me with either a coil cut and I beam bend or a dream beam install.

Shop or individual, it doesn't mater! I have asked around and can't really get any help.
Follow the Bluebird build thread at:
http://fordtruk.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=24327
robertrpeak

Post by robertrpeak »

Where are you in NC?

Robert
shocker998md

Re: Anyone in NC lowered a 66 F100

Post by shocker998md »

i did mine but had to get the beams bent in GA on a trip down to FL. I couldnt fine a shop in the ENC area to bend mine. I took a coil and a half out and it made a world of difference and I say its been one of the best things ive done to the truck. Good luck man!
jamesdfo
Canada

Post by jamesdfo »

I don't know if you will be able to view this thread without being a member, but one of the lads on the HAMB had his '66 SWb lowered by an alignment shop in Georgia, and boy does it sit nice!!

This thread is posted under "Community", "Social Groups "The 61-66 Ford F100 Alliance

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/grou ... ionid=9079

Here is the first post in his thread...his handle is 390F100

Hey all, thanks for all the great feedback regarding lowering my 66 F100. I took it over to my buddies who have G&S Auto Muffler in Marietta, GA and one of the owners (Stewart) had the setup to properly bend the ibeams back to the correct camber. After he swapped the rear springs to under the rear axle, he pivoted the tranny then cut about 2 1/4 loops out of the front springs which brought it down just right. He then moved the truck to the alignment rack and got the readings as it sat. We hooked up the cool ass ibeam benders right to the front end and while watching the readings on the alignment machine proceeded to bend the ibeams until we got with .50 which was actually better then where it was pre-lower. Made some final alignment tweaks and about an hour later had it sitting perfect.

It drives awesome and NO bump steer at all. Next step is to C notch the frame since I have about 1/4 in travel between the bump stops and the axle.

If anyone wants Stew to do this he said to bring them on over. I can't say enough about these guys at G&S and I have known then for about 10 years now and they are straight up killer techs.

1. Swapped the rear springs to under axle.
2. Welded on new leaf perches.
3. Cut the springs, aligned and ibeam bend.
4. Only had my truck for two days.
5. Completed for under $300.00.

fire truck
United States of America

Post by fire truck »

right on, that is cherry!
So good lookin' that I've attracted an international stalker.

Rest in Peace Bumpstick....I miss ya man.
Alan 66
United States of America

Post by Alan 66 »

How much drop is that on the front?
Effie

Post by Effie »

jamesdfo wrote:
Here is the first post in his thread...his handle is 390F100

That's the truck that someone posted the CL like ad for it. Its for sale.
~/\/\elissa~
Image '66 F100 -- Little Black
Image '78 Bronco -- Brutus

shocker998md

Post by shocker998md »

when I cut a coil and a half out and went to a 215 65 15 tire I think, it droped about 4 inches. I could have taken a solid two coils out but didnt.