New Owner of a 1965 F250 in Rhode Island

NY, NJ, CT, MD, RI, VT, VA, WV, PA, DE, ME, QC, PEI, NB, NS, NL

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Titus
United States of America

New Owner of a 1965 F250 in Rhode Island

Post by Titus »

FINALLY, I finally found one. And honestly, I'm happy that I waited. Many of you know my story with Steve Lopes & how we were friends. When he passed, the hunt started for a truck similar to his to honor him.

Couple weeks ago, a 65 F250 about half an hour came on CL for $2,500. I posted it in FYI section. After multiple emails, phone calls, viewings, we struck a deal for $900 delivered to my door with the original owners manual!

Story goes that this came from Crollard Ford in Coeur d'Alene, ID, salesmans name was Dale Baker on June 10th 1965. Gene Surplus was the original owners name. he drove it with the camper on the back from ID to RI in 71 where this owners mother purchased it for his father. It stayed in his family until yesterday when I purchased it :)

$900 I paid with transportation. It starts, has a heater or blower under the dash, just oh so beautiful shag carpet, but I'll be posting more photos as time goes on, it's still sinking in that I own her.

Here's some photos *Edit, forums met it's quota for uploading apparently, working on linking images.
slick4x4
United States of America

Re: New Owner of a 1965 F250 in Rhode Island

Post by slick4x4 »

Awesome !
Good buy for a runner :clap:
[b]'' I think what scares me the most about you guys is that I understand you '' ..... KID
'' lookin good, a little paint adds at least 100hp!'' ....... COOTER
'' well an old guy can dream cant he? ''............ICEMAN
''I would donate organs before selling my slick''........ HOOFBEAT RACER
Toyz
United States of America

Re: New Owner of a 1965 F250 in Rhode Island

Post by Toyz »

Glad to hear it, and pleased with the thought of it honoring Steve's memory!
Paul
The Ford Orphanage
Life's too short for boring vehicles!
My quest to develop a universal solvent is held up by the lack of a storage container.
Paul