let us know when you get home

Here is the forum for the next great Event

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Max
United States of America

Post by Max »

Just got home along with Mike, Skip and Ruth. Long trip but well, well worth it once again. Lots of memories to last 2 years until the next one!

Kenny, we saw you filling up at a Shell station off of I-45 near Corsicana. We'd have honked but we were doing Mach 1 with Miss Daisy in tow.
"If you don't want to stand behind our Troops, feel free to stand in front of them."

1964 Ford F100
1967 US Army M416
doc6368

Post by doc6368 »

Made it home about 500 sun afternoon, had a GREAT time, cant wait till Kansas City!!
jkimbrel65
United States of America

Post by jkimbrel65 »

Made it home finally!! And yes you can drive a power steering truck 700 miles without the pump!! LOL
I tried being normal once...
was the worst 10 minutes of my life
jeepbut
United States of America

Post by jeepbut »

Just made it home. We got to Dallas and thought we were not that tired--- we are now! Thanks, Lyman.
CelticPFM

Post by CelticPFM »

We rolled in a little after 10pm last night, literally had just gotten a text from Max for the Houston crew having arrived home too. Long trip but SO worth it. Kids did great, took turns riding in Lucille. Have school today so I have to wrench myself from checking out all the posts & pics for a bit later. Several folks came up to Chris asking about his truck at fuel stops. Enjoyed every bit of SS and didn't want it to end!
Boy Scout mom, Camp Gladiator fitness, and Running keep me busy.

"Just Breathe."
Gritsngumbo
United States of America

Home safe and sound (but still not sane)

Post by Gritsngumbo »

Long day yesterday. 16 1/2 hours portal to portal (with just a few pit stops along the way), 866 miles. (Spent a few hours behind a bunch of "Carney" trucks on the narrow, winding and hilly two-lane roads of Northern Arkansas.) Dropped Brien (Bluebolt) on the other side of the state (Shreveport area) at about 9:45 and got home to Monroe about 11. Too tired to unpack the truck until this am.

Had a fantastic time and already making plans for KC in '12. I'll be there with at least one Slick. Shooting for the Crew Cab.

I'll be in the shop by 8 this morning. No, not working on Slicks, but hanging sheet rock and running electrical wiring to get the shop finished up and ready for Slick occupancy.

I'm sure there's going to be a flurry of activity in shops all over the land during the next several weeks after seeing the workmanship, craftsmanship and innovations of some of our fellow Slicksters.

As soon as the market opens I'm buying Bondo stock in anticipation of a usage surge :-)

Favorite line of the week: "No officer it's not a car show, it's a family reunion". Think that says it all.
If you understand what you’re doing, you’re not learning anything.

LITTLE RED: 64 F100 Short Style
BIG RED: 62 F100 Long Uni
BIG “UN": 63 F250 Long Flare
BBW RED: 61 F100 CC BBW Long Uni
CRIMSON CREW: 63 F100 "Stageway" Long Flare Crew Cab
"RANGER": 66 F100 CC Long Flatbed
"AVA" 1963 Avion T-20 Travel Trailer
“Lucille” 1955 New Moon 44’ Travel Trailer
Hoofbeat Racer
Canada

Post by Hoofbeat Racer »

got home last night about 8:00 and then spent the night in the hospital with my middle son. Haven't slept much in 3 days now.. Anyway, good to be home, here is a teaser of my trip back

Mark

Kid
United States of America

Post by Kid »

Mark , what is the problem with your Son. Nothing seriouse I hope
36truck
United States of America

Post by 36truck »

Mark welcome to the Mercury club. What's the story?
Tom Williams
Hoofbeat Racer
Canada

Post by Hoofbeat Racer »

he's ok now Darryll, he was sick the whole time I was gone and then his tonsilitis flared up bad last night and he was gasping for air in his sleep. Kinda freaky but doing ok now, Doctor just wanted to make keep an eye on him over night.

Tom, that's the Merc I bought last fall, finally dragged it home yesterday. 66 longbed 300 4 spd, body is pretty rotten but trim and emblems are good, runs and drives excellent. Make good winter beater for now
Mark

ezernut9mm
Sweden

Post by ezernut9mm »

glad to hear you made it home ok and that your son is okay too. see you in two years man.
always
"i believe i've achieved satisfaction".-bubbles
"should i be gettin" baked for this boys?"-bubbles

i could no longer keep "r.i.p.ing" all of our fallen brothers and sisters, so i say here, slick loads of love and much respect to all you beautiful people.
castruck_1964
Canada

Post by castruck_1964 »

Got to the shop about 2:30 eastern today.
Made it to 45 min utes from border last night.
drove to port huron MI had to do a minor repair before crossing in to Canada.
All good just a little tired
Cas is good just needs some cleaning and Maintenance after the breakin tour to Altoona And back :shock:
Looking forward to seeing everyone in 2012 :wink: :D
warning to those who just attended their first SS this year
withdrawls are coming :cry:
Slicks rule
dd/ 19 F150,97 Tbird
62 swb bbw uni next project
460 C6

Ken
fmartin_gila

Post by fmartin_gila »

I left the Settle Inn about 7:30 Sun morning, got to Globe at 11:00AM on Monday. Took about a 2 hour snooze somewhere in northern New Mexico, just couldn't make it in a single run, but the leftover adrenelin kept me going for a good long spell. Ready for the next one!

Thanks for all the effort to make things turn out as good as they did.

Fred
semotrucker

Post by semotrucker »

Got home about 9 pm Sunday night...Dang Fred...remind me never to run w/ you anywhere. LOL As expected, had a blast.

Cam
Dakota Kids

Post by Dakota Kids »

Hey Guys I didnt see this post we made it home Sun at Noon Ty even put in a short driving stint in the Bago Cam I figured if he could do the Three on the tree hes good to go. Lil Cam had to take Pictures of Him and Michelle in the N to School for show and tell. Thank You everyone for a great time.
If you ask me anything I don’t know, I’m not going to answer.
Yogi Berra
jeepbut
United States of America

Post by jeepbut »

By the way, the core support made it home without a scratch! Of lesser importance, Pat and I are OK too. Thanks, Lyman.
grump

Post by grump »

Haven't gotten home yet. We have 2 more weeks of vacation to go. What a fantastic way to start vacation. Slick stock was better than I imagined it would be. Every body was great. Can't wait for KC.
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

Well we`re not home yet!, staying at Warsaw a few days, nice looking place.
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!
66 f100 tabletop swb 351 Clevo C6 "Beryl"

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Slick Stock 8.............................. cry.gif
stronger66ratfink

Post by stronger66ratfink »

Morning Kid,
yep we all made it back save and sound,
Max and I pulled into my drive about 10:30, amost 2 hours less than the 19 hours going,
Just put the truck and trailer in the drive, let who ever still needed a place to park deal with it and got up the next moring and started un-packing
Activated Org 64

Post by Activated Org 64 »

Karla and I got home safe and sound, thanks all.

Ray