Post SlickStock depression

Here is the forum for the next great Event

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Kid
United States of America

Post SlickStock depression

Post by Kid »

if you were there you know what I am talking about. Went to pick up Lyn and Alan Sunday nite for supper and there were no trucks in the parking lot , LOL. Been pretty tired but bummed it is over and have to wait 2 more Years to see everyone again. We are not going to ba able to drive by that Hotel ever again and not have it bring back great memories. Thanks to everyone who showed up,you are the greatest.Darrell & Robbin
Max
United States of America

Post by Max »

Yep, going to take a good spell to get back to another routine. It's amazing how 3 or 4 days will do that to you. Must mean it's important to us or something, eh?
"If you don't want to stand behind our Troops, feel free to stand in front of them."

1964 Ford F100
1967 US Army M416
ezernut9mm
Sweden

Post by ezernut9mm »

truer words were never spoken. i can't believe how just eight days in the last two years have yielded me some of the best friends i could ever ask for.
slicksters rock!
always
"i believe i've achieved satisfaction".-bubbles
"should i be gettin" baked for this boys?"-bubbles

i could no longer keep "r.i.p.ing" all of our fallen brothers and sisters, so i say here, slick loads of love and much respect to all you beautiful people.
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Y'know it crossed my mind for a brief second at the end of SS that it gets harder and harder to say goodbye to everyone as the years go by. There is a big lull and a hole where the slickstock was for about a week, but then you figure it's only 2 years until the next one!!
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
slick4x4
United States of America

Post by slick4x4 »

you know what hurts me the most....
after SlickStock is over.... the pain in my face
no.... not saddness.... my dang muscesl are sore....
from smiling and laughing so hard !
[b]'' I think what scares me the most about you guys is that I understand you '' ..... KID
'' lookin good, a little paint adds at least 100hp!'' ....... COOTER
'' well an old guy can dream cant he? ''............ICEMAN
''I would donate organs before selling my slick''........ HOOFBEAT RACER
Max
United States of America

Post by Max »

This is the second time I leave and think I'm missing things... missing to talk to people more, missing to ask questions about things on the trucks and how they were built, missing photo opportunities when I want to just sit down and BS with everyone else... but now I'm just missing everyone and SlickStock. It just goes by so fast.

I can understand how Darrell feels when he drives by that hotel. But that would also make me laugh a lot too.
"If you don't want to stand behind our Troops, feel free to stand in front of them."

1964 Ford F100
1967 US Army M416
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

ezernut9mm wrote:truer words were never spoken. i can't believe how just eight days in the last two years have yielded me some of the best friends i could ever ask for.
slicksters rock!

x2
exactly what i was thinking yesterday while working on my truck.

so very sad that now you are all stuck back in the electronic box on the desk again for 2 more years :cry:
1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

ICEMAN6166 wrote:
ezernut9mm wrote:truer words were never spoken. i can't believe how just eight days in the last two years have yielded me some of the best friends i could ever ask for.
slicksters rock!

x2
exactly what i was thinking yesterday while working on my truck.

so very sad that now you are all stuck back in the electronic box on the desk again for 2 more years :cry:

geewhiz Brian, you hit it right on the noggin!, it`s a lot like the movie " A Night At The Museum" !, and yes I`m reminiscing! :D
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!
66 f100 tabletop swb 351 Clevo C6 "Beryl"

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Slick Stock 8.............................. cry.gif