My last minute valve cover racer

Here is the forum for the next great Event

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

bluebolt

My last minute valve cover racer

Post by bluebolt »

Well I decided to build a valve cover racer for Slickstock. Like 1 hour before the races started I started the project LOL.

My list of parts started with a set of skateboard casters from PFM64

And then a 2x4 out of the bed of MadMaxtec's truck.

Hardware scrounged from Ezernut9MM's scrounge box along with a couple of scredrives borrowed from the gloe box of his Uni.

A valve cover from Johnny Canucks "Smart car" LOL.

And a Holley 94 carb for some "oomph"

Note the cool "curb feelers" they keep the tires from rubbing the sides of the track and worked well.

So here is the finished product.
[albumimg]8438[/albumimg]

A close up of the red maple leaf artwork done by CelticPFM
[albumimg]8439[/albumimg]

I was matched up against PFM64's 460 valve cover. My car was medium fast, his was faster LOL. It was over pretty quick and I went to the loser's bracket.
[albumimg]8441[/albumimg]

Decided I needed some more "oomph" and did the old hot rodders trick and added another carb.
[albumimg]8440[/albumimg]

It helped but I got matched up against PFM64 agin in the losers bracket and lost again. Oh well wait until 2012! Maybe 3 deuces will do the trick!
Max
United States of America

Post by Max »

I think you should change sponsors by losing the maple leaf. That there was what probably slowed you down. Had to convert speed from Metric to Standard, kilometers to mph... you just confused the little thing! :twisted:
"If you don't want to stand behind our Troops, feel free to stand in front of them."

1964 Ford F100
1967 US Army M416
Fanatic

Post by Fanatic »

Is that Alan's feet AGAIN? Nice French pedicure :shock:
INEPTOCRACY: (in-ep'-toc-ra-cy) : a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.
Mellvis

Post by Mellvis »

My wife thinks this is hilarious. It's good foe her to see that we are not always serious about our toys.
1965 F100 "Papaw's Pride"

"So I'm working on a cistern inlet valve and the guy hands me a lock nut wrench! I was like 'What is this, a drainpipe slipknot!'" -Flo