Support Group

This is for the Wives and spouses of members here to act as a support group

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Paranoid's Wife

Support Group

Post by Paranoid's Wife »

Looking for other people to talk to, so I can support my husband during the makeover of his pride and joy. He had the truck before we were married and it has sat for a long time. Now he wants to do a frame off restoration. I know he will be spending nights and weekends on the other love of his life. I will miss him, but I know I will enjoy the end result with him when he is finished.
Jennifer R
Paranoid's Wife
65Lover
United States of America

Post by 65Lover »

Enjoy the restoration with him !! You can be in charge of the picture taking as the build progresses. Husbands are very happy when we participate in what interests them!! Plus you can enjoy some time to yourself while he's busy in the garage!!
Ruth
'65 F-100 Custom Cab SB Styleside
'67 Ford Mustang FB
'68 Mercury Cougar

Slickstock Altoona Iowa
Slickstock Salina Kansas
Paranoid's Wife

65 Lover,

Thanks for the response. I never thought of taking pictures and participating in that way. That is great advice. I know I don't like being around when he is physically working on it. When things don't go exactly his way, it is best to leave him alone. I've tried to support him when he is having issues with something, and I think it only bothers him more that I am there. I guess I ask too many questions. We have rebuilt a couple of motorcycles together and that was fun. He enjoyed watching me get my hands all greasy. He has pictures of me digging a drain plug out of a nasty oil pan full of used motor oil. He told me, "It makes great moisturizer honey, :lol:
Jennifer R
Paranoid's Wife
CelticPFM

Post by CelticPFM »

Most of the time I let mine do his thang in the shop on his own. It's fun to go out there and watch certain milestone things happen, see how he and his friends (whoever is over) figure it out. They have all sorts of projects running so you never know! I mainly lend a hand with something small, holding a light or go get a part (or beer-LOL). It's been fun for the kids to learn and see how projects get accomplished too. Our daughter has just as much fun as our son, we have pics of them wielding wrenches since they were toddlers! I enjoy this pasttime being outdoors and at home so the kids get to play too or neighbors come over, etc. Good to meet you, Jennifer!

Jenny
Boy Scout mom, Camp Gladiator fitness, and Running keep me busy.

"Just Breathe."
Paranoid's Wife

Jenny,

Great to meet you too. I see you are in Texas. We are planning on moving to Texas soon.

I know the feeling of beer running, LOL. I've done that too when my hubby has a friend over and they are working on the bikes. It's always funny when I hear, "Honey, can you bring us a couple of beers?" I always help in that department, and then I like to stay and watch what they are doing. I occassionally get my hands greasy too. Since I have a motorcycle of my own, I like to know the ins and outs of the machine I ride.
Jennifer R
Paranoid's Wife