Music
No votes
Other...
75%

Total votes: 4

CelticPFM

Crickets and Tumbleweeds

Post by CelticPFM »

Are there any particular interests this area would like to see? Other than a 12 Step program for Slickitis-JK! I KNOW there are more out there. Send me a PM and we can get this thing going.
Boy Scout mom, Camp Gladiator fitness, and Running keep me busy.

"Just Breathe."
Mrs. Kid

Post by Mrs. Kid »

I really don't care what we talk about in "our" section -- anything but the blasted COLD & SNOW -- can you tell that I am realllllly tired of winter --
now that Christmas is behind us , I think I have finally reached the depression stage -- I just want to be able to come home at nite & on weekends & do something around the house besides being stuck inside -- I have had enough of it being dark when I get home -- by the time we have dinner I am ready to go to bed -- I do not like the cold & snow --- yesterday my car would not start -- & right now I am sitting at work & we are having snow flurries AGAIN --

LYN send me some of your sunshine
Lyn
Australia

Post by Lyn »

I would love to send you some of our sunshine Robbin - we had another 2 scorchers this week with Wednesday reaching 40C & Thursday reaching 42C - (just found a conversion site and it is 106F & 107.6 F in your temp.) Friday was 38C and today is a wonderful 24C and a breeze blowing - I actually have trackie dacks on. I'm no way sick of the summer just if the heat could be kept below 35C - I am happy. We don't get snow here where we live just frosts in winter. What are "snow flurries"??
I've had a busy week with minding the grandkids - not complaining about that. Today I've made a pathetic attempt at housework so maybe tomorrow it will get finished LOL
I'm going to start a new topic - see you there
Lyn
CelticPFM

Housework

Post by CelticPFM »

Ever seen the sign--"No one ever died of housework, but why take the chance?" The pile of laundry that keeps mocking me is killing my motivation. Working plus keeping up with school and Cub Scouts, birthdays and chores lately leaves me little time, and there's usually something higher up on the priority. By the time I catch up, something usually happens to get me behind again. So my logic is not to obsess about keeping up in the first place! :thumright:

"Just Breathe."
Kid
United States of America

Post by Kid »

I think all you women should discuss just how wonderfull your Husbands are, LOL.............Kid
There are some Days I should not be let to go into the public without adult supervision
Lyn
Australia

Post by Lyn »

That would make for a lot of VERY short stories Darrell !
We want something to get our teeth into.
Lyn
Kid
United States of America

Post by Kid »

But Lyn, we can talk about how wonderfull we are all day long, LOL.....................Darrell
There are some Days I should not be let to go into the public without adult supervision
Lyn
Australia

Post by Lyn »

Thanks Jenny for your quote on housework, It will be pinned high on my notice board for ALL to read!!
I remember your 2 little ones at Kansas City, please remind me of their names, do they both go to Cubs? Our eldest grandson Aaron, goes to Joeys at the moment, and will go into Cubs in April when he turns 8. He has a ball each Tuesday night with the games & activities. Being an only child he loves every opportunity to have extra kids to play with. & yes children do keep their parents busy & broke :lol:
CelticPFM

Post by CelticPFM »

Hi Lyn,
JT (just turned 7) and Mattie (turns 4 the 31st of Jan) are doing fine-thanks! Cub Scouts is very family oriented, JT is a Tiger and they welcome siblings at most every activity. They have a Pinewood Derby (racecar) race Saturday. Hope it cools off there soon, and hope your dad gets better soon.
Jenny

"Just Breathe."
Lyn
Australia

Post by Lyn »

Jenny, wondering how JT's Pinewood Derby went today?
We call them billycarts here and they aren't all that popular these days. When I was a kid most boys built one or two during their primary schools days from scraps found in their fathers shed.
Does it snow where you are in Texas?
My Dad is doing okay - still quite bruised and very shaken up from his fall, thanks for asking :)

Robbin,
Have you thawed out any?? Breath in deep I'm sending some of this retched heat your way, believe me we have plenty to share around! 8)
How are those gorgeous grandkids of yours going? I imagine it must be hard keeping the little ones in out of the snow & just as hard havng them inside unable to play out in the snow

No relief in the weather as yet 40C again today but a thunderstorm predicted for tonight - which is fairly common after so many scorchers.
I went to dinner, the movies - Bride Wars - and then coffee & cake with my good friend, Lyn, last night. We haven't been able to catch up since just before Christmas so It was a welcome night off, to catch up on all the gossip!
Mrs. Kid

-------

Post by Mrs. Kid »

Hey Lyn ---I am afriad the snow we received last nite must have sent the warm air yiou sent are way in a different direction -- keep trying it might be here by May or so

Grandkids are doing great -- we had to go to western Iowa last week for my uncles funeral & my son Chris & his wife Missy & little Syndey met us there -- she is getting so independent -- Grandma & Grandpa just have to sit back & laugh a bit when she gives Mom & Dad a run for their money -- we kept trying to tell them the day would come --she is just getting in to that "Terrible TWO " stage -- can not imagine where her stubboness comes from -- can't be my side of the family :roll: but she is so cute --

How was the movie you went to?? The ads I seen were funny
CelticPFM

Post by CelticPFM »

Hi ladies,
Been enjoying this fun Texas weather too, warm one day and cold the next. And it's usually between 30 and 50 degrees difference! I guess we're all looking ahead a couple of months. We were just talking about taking our little boat out, this will be our first full season. Chris had wanted a boat for forever and finally found a bare-minimum one that suits us fine. Just simple fun days enjoying some fishing, a swim, the sun & people-watching. I had skin-cancer last June, so hide under my big green hat most of the time! Just for the sake of my San Diego roots, I have to soak up SOME sun or I wouldn't be living. No matter how bad they say it is for you, the sun always has relaxed and cheered me up.

The Pinewood Derby was a great time yesterday, JT didn't have the fastest car but not the slowest. This is our first year for all the different things they do, so we're still getting the hang of it.

If you click on the pic below it will enlarge (I didn't know that, and thought I'd add it in case others may not know).

[albumimg]5038[/albumimg]

Been thinking if we have a potluck or home dinner portion of Slick Stock IV, might be fun to include dishes from folks' hometowns. Fun way to get to know each other better. I'd be up for helping out anyway. If we planned it enough, we could even print & share the recipes. Would make for fun memories, and break up eating out so much.

Have a great week all!
Jenny

"Just Breathe."
Kid
United States of America

Post by Kid »

Jenny, The cookout is a good idea. We had a cookout in York in 06 and we had a great time. I have been talking to a freind of mine and he has access to a BBQ trailer and he has offered to bring it to SS 4 and cook for us.................Darrell
CelticPFM

Post by CelticPFM »

Yeah, we'll have plenty of tailgates around. Can make plenty o' tater salad, brats or whatever people like. We need to have a poll for that, but it just makes me hungry Smilie_4_Revan.gif

"Just Breathe."
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

Robbin,
Sorry to hear about your uncle, funerals are the pits.
Oh yes the terrible twos! I remember them well - not fondly, but isn't it great when the ones who gave us trouble as children get theirs in return!!! - (something to look forward to Jenny LOL) I bet Sydney's cheeks were covered in kisses from Grandma & Grandpa, all ages are cute but 2 year olds are forming their own personalities and know how to twist grandparents round their little finger, believe me It Just Gets Better! :D
Look outside over the next few days, I'll be sending more of this heat to Iowa , temps are predicted to get to 37C till the weekend. But you have to send some of your snow here in return or it's no deal :wink:
Lyn
Lyn
Australia

Post by Lyn »

:oops: Just realised I did it AGAIN - last post was under Alan's log in ---- SORRY, I must remember to check that before I reply and everyone thinks he has an interest outside of his garage! :roll:

Jenny,
Great photo of JT & his Derby award.
The boat sounds like fun, I imagine it is what we call a "tinnie" I do like to fish although I prefer fishing from the shoreline. I too have had a skin-cancer scare but you can still enjoy the sunshine as long as you remember to slip, slop, slap.
I like your suggestion of breaking up the eating out all the time at SS4, I can tell you after travelling across the USA for 3 weeks last Aug, I was having withdrawals for my kitchen! no kidding I would have killed to get near a cooker. So count me in on any planning - I'm up for it, getting to know everyone a little more while we wait for Aug 2010 is a great idea.

School goes back here tomorrow, Aaron (grandson aged 7) goes into year 2, and is all decked out with his new uniform -[ yes kids have to wear school uniforms here in Aust], bag, shoes, pencils, lunchbox, drink bottle, etc. etc. I was conned into the lot!
Just remembered - Robbin - the movie was good - Lyn & I had lots of laughs but planning a wedding is a whole lot more involved & expensive than in our days.
Lyn