Choc Chip Bickies

This is for the Wives and spouses of members here to act as a support group

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Lyn
Australia

Choc Chip Bickies

Post by Lyn »

Can I please have your favourite choc chip biscuit recipes? :help: Today would have been a perfect day to bake.
thanks in advance
Lyn
Kid
United States of America

Post by Kid »

Lyn, I forgot to mention one very important rule here. Anything you ladies giVe recipies for like cookies and cakes you need to send some to the Administrators, ( Greg and I ) for taste approval, LOL...........................Darrell
There are some Days I should not be let to go into the public without adult supervision
Lyn
Australia

Post by Lyn »

No worries Darrell, but I think they might be stale & squashed by the time they reach the USA, but if you're game..............
Lyn
robert porterfield

Post by robert porterfield »

yeah darrell i think you should meet her half way......... :lol:
lifes hard wear helmet!
Slick Fan

Post by Slick Fan »

Mmmm...those sound good! :D
My "Slickitis" affliction began here...

66 F100 CC/65 F100 CC/66 F250 CC
If it starts to rain, they'll tax the splash.
If you want to fish, they'll tax the bass.
If you plant a yard, they'll tax the grass.
If you don't play nice, they'll fine your *$#!
just one of the girls

Post by just one of the girls »

A great place to look for any recipe is zaar there is 1000's there if you don't find one I'll find the one I have. good luck
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

thanks for the tip. I have just checked zaar out WOW so many recipes .... I will definately give it a through search tonight & will let you know how they turn out.
Lyn
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!
66 f100 tabletop swb 351 Clevo C6 "Beryl"

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Slick Stock 8.............................. cry.gif
Lyn
Australia

Post by Lyn »

sorry :oops: :oops: I just realised that i was signed in under Mac's name when I posted my message just now - I apoligise for his avatar if it offended anyone, you know what these boys are like!
So again I thank you for the tip on zaar. My dad had a fall down his stairs yesterday & is in hospital - no broken bones thank goodness - but they have kept him in overnight, mum stayed here last night & we are getting ready to go visit him this morning- hopefully he will be allowed home. So maybe I can get some biscuits baked tonight - I reckon I could do with a couple & a coffee by then.
Lyn
Slick Fan

Post by Slick Fan »

Lyn wrote:sorry :oops: :oops: I just realised that i was signed in under Mac's name when I posted my message just now - I apoligise for his avatar if it offended anyone, you know what these boys are like!

So, does that mean it's ok to fart now? :lol:

Sorry to hear about your Dad, I hope he'll be allowed to go home & nurse his bruises. :)
My "Slickitis" affliction began here...

66 F100 CC/65 F100 CC/66 F250 CC
If it starts to rain, they'll tax the splash.
If you want to fish, they'll tax the bass.
If you plant a yard, they'll tax the grass.
If you don't play nice, they'll fine your *$#!
Mrs. Kid

Post by Mrs. Kid »

Lyn: Hope your Dad's alright
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

This time it is Alan, Thanks everyone!, he`s going home today, He was in The Slick`s ward!, beds 64,65,66 & 67 oh and a bump!. He was in bed "66".
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!
66 f100 tabletop swb 351 Clevo C6 "Beryl"

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Slick Stock 8.............................. cry.gif
ezernut9mm
Sweden

Post by ezernut9mm »

mine is right out of the "better homes and gardens" recipe book.

http://www.bhg.com/recipe/cookies/our-b ... p-cookies/

i use nestle toll house chocolate chips. don't know if you can get those down there. they are the best.
don't tell the guys that i bake cookies or i might not live it down at the next slick stock. lol. i only do it once a year at home for christmas time and the kids love them.
always
"i believe i've achieved satisfaction".-bubbles
"should i be gettin" baked for this boys?"-bubbles

i could no longer keep "r.i.p.ing" all of our fallen brothers and sisters, so i say here, slick loads of love and much respect to all you beautiful people.
Effie

Post by Effie »

ezernut9mm wrote:mine is right out of the "better homes and gardens" recipe book.

http://www.bhg.com/recipe/cookies/our-b ... p-cookies/

i use nestle toll house chocolate chips. don't know if you can get those down there. they are the best.
don't tell the guys that i bake cookies or i might not live it down at the next slick stock. lol. i only do it once a year at home for christmas time and the kids love them.

Man! I didn't know they had a website. I learned how to cook out of my mom's Better Homes and Gardens "red and white checked" cookbook. It's falling to pieces and hardly recognizable now. But on a recent trip me and my brother found one just like mom's and its practically brand new! [If you buy a new one these days, it doesn't have the same good ol fashioned recipes in it.]

Oh and there's usually a good recipe on the package of Nestle chocolate chips.
~/\/\elissa~
Image '66 F100 -- Little Black
Image '78 Bronco -- Brutus

Lyn
Australia

Post by Lyn »

Yes Ezernut we do have Nestle choc chips down under, I have checked out the Better Homes & Gardens recipe site & will let you know how they go.

Lyn
Casey 65
United States of America

favourite choc chip biscuit recipes

Post by Casey 65 »

Prep: 15 min Cooking: 9 min Cooling time: 15 min cooling Yields: 60 Ingredients2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
1 cup chopped nuts

conversion calculator DirectionsPREHEAT oven to 375° F.

COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels and nuts. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.

BAKE for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.

PAN COOKIE VARIATION: Grease 15 x 10-inch jelly-roll pan. Prepare dough as above. Spread into prepared pan. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan on wire rack. Makes 4 dozen bars.

SLICE AND BAKE COOKIE VARIATION:
PREPARE dough as above. Divide in half; wrap in waxed paper. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm. Shape each half into 15-inch log; wrap in wax paper. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.* Preheat oven to 375° F. Cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices; place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely. Makes about 5 dozen cookies.

* May be stored in refrigerator for up to 1 week or in freezer for up to 8 weeks.

FOR HIGH ALTITUDE BAKING (5,200 feet): Increase flour to 2 1/2 cups. Add 2 teaspoons water with flour and reduce both granulated sugar and brown sugar to 2/3 cup each. Bake drop cookies for 8 to 10 minutes and pan cookie for 17 to 19 minutes.
"One Test Result is Worth One Thousand Expert Opinions" - Werner von Braun
ezernut9mm
Sweden

Re: Choc Chip Bickies

Post by ezernut9mm »

bickies! again. i don't think i made enough last time.
always
"i believe i've achieved satisfaction".-bubbles
"should i be gettin" baked for this boys?"-bubbles

i could no longer keep "r.i.p.ing" all of our fallen brothers and sisters, so i say here, slick loads of love and much respect to all you beautiful people.
Casey 65
United States of America

Post by Casey 65 »

ezernut9mm wrote:bickies! again. i don't think i made enough last time.

There is no such thing as "Too many, right out of the oven chocolate chip cookies!!"
Kid
United States of America

Post by Kid »

and a few from each batch out of the oven needs to be taste tested for quality assurance right out of the oven while hot.
There are some Days I should not be let to go into the public without adult supervision
Casey 65
United States of America

Post by Casey 65 »

Kid wrote:a few from each batch out of the oven needs to be taste tested

Wrong again, young jedi... Taste test all of them you must . the entire cookie taste you must ! old.gif