How's your week been?

This is for the Wives and spouses of members here to act as a support group

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Lyn
Australia

How's your week been?

Post by Lyn »

Hi Ladies,
Just thought I would check in & see how everyone is doing?
Not much happening around here -
Valentine's Day came & went without ANY fuss. whistle.gif
Hard to believe one week it was 4 scorchers in a row over 42C and the next it was 22C and pouring ?? Only bad thing about it is the grass that was burnt to a crisp is now growing again - so out comes the mower this weekend! The chooks seem much happier now the weather has cooled down
Mac is keeping himself busy in the shed now that he has started on the "new rebuild" I often wonder "What does he do in there all day & half the night?" :don'tknow: - hey I'm not telling you girls anything am I?? I'm not complaining just need to find some things to keep myself busy too. Did someone say go shopping?
Take care
Lyn
Mrs. Kid

Post by Mrs. Kid »

Things are going good here -- at least it is Friday & techically I am off work now -- need to run a couple of errands on my way home -- then one of our grandaughters is coming tonight to spend the week-end -- but I need to finish getting our tax stuff together this week-end :cry: I hate tax season -- but it needs to get done --

Then next week our other daughter-in-law & Syd ( the 2 yr old) are coming to town , so we ge to see her -- her Mom & Dad now have named her " The Chatterbox" --

Hope everyone is doing well -- need to find more of the better halfs to chime in here once in awhile ---

Have a GREAT Week-End :D
CelticPFM

Post by CelticPFM »

Hey there!
Doing fine here. My work has begun training this week for another (sigh) system conversion, so when I'm not in the class myself, I'm covering for others that are...getting people's medicine to them can be rewarding, but stressful at times. Esp. if no one has any extra to spare nationwide (backorders/mfr allocation). Or they request it in the afternoon and need it the next morning. I tell ya, half my job is working miracles and the other is playing detective.

I'm starting a Sunbonnet Sue quilt for Mattie. She moved to a "big girl" full bed several months ago, and I finished JT's crocheted Crayola stripes (red, orange, yellow & green) blanket just before Christmas. So now it's her turn. We bought the fabric last weekend, washed & ironed. I will take it a block at a time, 16 blocks in all with some plain ones scattered inbetween, or maybe the border. The last 2 quilts I did were just wall hangings, so a lot smaller & quicker. I did one queen-size one several yrs ago, for my sister at Christmas. She likes bears, so I did a log-cabin theme with hunter green and bear claw blocks mixed with trees. It's not bad piecing or appliqueing, just when I try quilting it all together!

Chris goes out of town to AZ Wed for Dave's wedding (Congrats!), we have a Scouts activity, painting a wall each in the kids' rooms & getting Mattie's ears pierced.

Hope everyone is well. Spring is just around the corner.
Boy Scout mom, Camp Gladiator fitness, and Running keep me busy.

"Just Breathe."
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

yes that dreaded tax time, I don't envy you Robbin, I always forget something and have to make extra trips back to accountant with more paperwork - only after I have searched high & low for it! Our financial end runs from 01 July to 30 June & every year I say I'm going to get in quick but it never happens! :oops: Nice to hear that you have two weekends in a row of visiting grand daughters. I'm spending some time today with our daughter-in-law & 2 grandsons

Jenny, How about some photos of your finished quilts - I'm so envious of anyone who can sew, knit, crotchet, scrapbook etc etc. pardon my ignorance but is Sunbonnet Sue anything like Holly Hobby? How did Mattie's ear piercing go? I remember when I got my eldest daughters done when she was 3 she screamed the shop down with the 1st ear and didn't want to get the 2nd one done - It cost me heaps in bribes :roll: to get her to sit still & stop screaming like a banshee - but after about 25 mins she agreed and it was over - when daughter #2 wanted hers done I said she had to wait till she was 10 - much to her dislike - but she was very brave & had no problems. I got lost in your post as to your work - What is it you do? My guess is Nursing or Pharmacy?

To all anyone else who reads these please join us :hello: its nice to chat, have a moan, get to know each other a little more by sharing our thoughts & everyday goings on - just like the guys do - and keep in touch until Aug 2010 when we can get together again in Iowa.
take care
Lyn
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!
66 f100 tabletop swb 351 Clevo C6 "Beryl"

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Slick Stock 8.............................. cry.gif
Lyn
Australia

Post by Lyn »

bang.gif Bugger, I just did it again - I didn't log-in mysef :oops: when I just posted that message - and NO Alan hasn't gone all soft & girlie, it was from me.
Lyn
CelticPFM

Post by CelticPFM »

Hi there,
I had a great email and lost it while trying to attach this pic. Chris isn't here to help me so here ya go-

[albumimg]5245[/albumimg]
Mattie's new earrings

She was so brave and did not cry. She loves them and delights in showing everyone she sees. But we HAVE been talking about it for several months now.

I work in a Call Center for a Pharmaceutical Wholesaler-McKesson.

Will need to work on the quilt pics. I have one digital but for lack of knowing when I took it (and therefore which folder it's in) will probably just re-take it. Sunbonnet Sue IS similar to Holly Hobby.

Chris returns in 2 days, I'm not counting down or anything! This morning was a bit brisk-25degrees. Yet, signs of Spring abound-from red buds and bradford pear blooms, to new leaves and alas-weeds!

"Just Breathe."
Lyn
Australia

Post by Lyn »

Well Miss Mattie don't you look so cute with your new earrings ! and i love the stars on your cheek and your lovely big smile too!!
Mum is very clever being able to put your photo on the forum for us all to see.
No rush Jenny for the pics of your quilts, just when you are ready- I'm envious of your talent, I dance with 2 left feet & sew with 2 left hands. (apologises to any lefties out there)

Good to hear Spring is waking-up the blossoms over there, it is my favourite time of the year. Not too much going on here at the moment, I've got my volunteer work at the State Records tomorrow morning, and plan to visit my cousin on Friday for lunch which I am looking forward to. I am in the market for a new cooker, we have looked around both in person & online, it's so hard trying to pick one that suits - and boy aren't they expensive - hoo wee, but I suppose I've had 15 years out of the one I have & have flogged it to death - almost literally.

Take care all
Lyn
CelticPFM

Post by CelticPFM »

Hi Lyn & all,
I'm a Lefty too, no offense taken :lol:. I posted some project pics in my Album for all interested. These are FAR from perfect, and I usually change the design as I progress. Because I can! I have a bad habit of starting a new one while others sit by idle, then I get motivated and go back to them later. That's why it can take me so long to finish. So for instance, I started the Sunbonnet Sue piecing, and will go to quilting the border of the Thimbleberry one. The end of the weekend has once again snuck up on me, but the weather today was perfect! Chris did some yardwork and cleaned the shop AND garage, we rode bikes around the neighborhood, and the kids rode their jeeps out back while I cooked supper.
Hope all have a great week,
Jenny

"Just Breathe."
Lyn
Australia

Post by Lyn »

Hi gals,
Jenny your quilts are great, I'm so envious of your sewing talents & patience! Keep posting photos so we can enjoy your work too.

On Saturday our eldest daughter, Leah, came up & sorted through the giant box of "stuff" she had left here when she moved out of home (at least 5 years ago) & we took a load of old clothes to the blue bin for recycling and she took what was left so now I have my spare room back :D Apart from that just a quite weekend here.

I bought the 4 grand-kids winter pyjamas & slippers yesterday for Easter - I don't buy them Easter eggs I leave that to the Easter Bunny, this way it helps their parents too.
today I am going to visit with our youngest grandsons, Dylan (15 months) & Zac (3 months) So that will be LOTS of fun for me. Who knows I might even post a few photos from today - but I'm not real technically minded so don't hold your breath.
Best sign off, things are needing to be done before I have to leave.
take care everyone
Lyn