TGIF

This is for the Wives and spouses of members here to act as a support group

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Mrs. Kid

TGIF

Post by Mrs. Kid »

Well the week-end is finally here & we are going to visit my son & daughter-in-law & little Miss Sydney -- & grandpa has M&M's in his pocket to bribe her with ( so he's all set) -- Smilie_4_Revan.gif .
The last time we seen her she told her Mom that Grandpa would have some candy , cause he's a Big Guy -- she was upset Mom did not have any candy in the car , cause she being potty trained & when she has no accidents they let her have one piece of candy -- but they were n the car & Mom forgot to bring any with her -- so Syd said that's Ok -- cause Grandpa would have some -- amazing the things they remeber at that age ( 2+) -- any way the work week is over for me . so I am just waiting to pick up Darrell so we can head west -- not really much else new around here -- weaather is finally warming up some and you can see a little green starting to show thru on the grass -- I am ready for spring --
Hope everyone had a good week & enjoy your week-end

Robbin
Mrs. Kid

FYI

Post by Mrs. Kid »

Guess I should use the spellcheck more often -- sorry about all the mis-spelled words
CelticPFM

Post by CelticPFM »

Robbin,
Sounds like you'll have a great visit. We used m&m's for our kids also. JT was easier to potty-train than Mattie. With JT we only had to try a couple different things before he got it, but with Mattie I had to go so far as to make a song for her! Spring has reached us, Chris has fertilized our "baby" trees and sprayed weedkiller for the lawn. He mowed the first official time now, and we've been in shorts & sandals. We'll enjoy it before it cranks up hotter around these parts. Enjoy the weekend because it always flies by!
Jenny
Boy Scout mom, Camp Gladiator fitness, and Running keep me busy.

"Just Breathe."
Lyn
Australia

Post by Lyn »

Hi all,
I've just gotten round to checking in, good to hear all is well.
Robbin- nice to hear that you & the Big Guy got away for the weekend to visit the family, just wondering how long after you arrived did little Sydney ask Grandpa for some candy? my guess is during the first kiss & hug. :lol: but if my memory serves me right Grandpa has a very sweet tooth himself so I hope the M&M's made the trip? and as far as spell check , no-one would be able to read my emails without it - even though the odd one often sneaks thru.
Jenny- the things parents concoct to get their kids to do want they want, but if it takes a little extra effort then it is worth it for the end result. Glad to report that I still don't have to talk to Aaron (eldest grandson) while he is on the toilet with the door closed - what the neighbours must have thought of me making general conversation about nothing at the top of my voice!! :shock: Spring has sprung over there, its a beautiful time of the year isn't it, enjoy it for me but don't forget the sunblock! We are in Autumn (Fall to you all) and the days are quite warm still 30C but thankfully the nights & early morning are cooler. Me, I prefer cooler weather- the older I get the more I dislike the heat but then we don't get the cold & snow like you guys so there isn't much comparison
Our weekend was good, Aaron played his 2nd game of soccer. He thoroughly enjoys every minute of it, has a great coach & team mates. We met up with some friends on Sunday morning and went for a drive to Warragamba Dam - Sydney's main water supply - and had lunch at the Workers Club, nice relaxed day.
This Saturday we are going to eldest daughter Leah's place for a BBQ lunch, along with all the family - nice photo opportunity when everyone gets together.
I was lucky enough to get a new cooker last week- old one is about ready to give up the ghost so we got this one before it did. Now I'm just waiting for "someone" :roll: to call the electrician to get the power to it so I can cook up some Texan Beans, & chicken fried steaks - thanks to Uncle Skip's recipes.
Wow I sure have rambled on a bit.
best go
take care
Lyn