Michelle's 65 Ranger Rebuild

A place just for our project & build threads.

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

jakdad

Post by jakdad »

WOW!!!!!
Jim
Rusty 63
United States of America

Post by Rusty 63 »

Michelle - loving it!

Want to do mine next? LOL
Last edited by Rusty 63 on July 15, 2010, 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hoofbeat Racer
Canada

Post by Hoofbeat Racer »

truck looks amazing Michelle. I can only imagine the goosebumps you had driving it for the first time. You should be very proud of yourself. Counting the days to SS until I can see it.
Mark

Michelle
United States of America

Post by Michelle »

Hoofbeat Racer wrote:truck looks amazing Michelle. I can only imagine the goosebumps you had driving it for the first time. You should be very proud of yourself. Counting the days to SS until I can see it.

I sure hope you guys aren't disappointed when you see it in the flesh. I do not possess the talents of most of you guys. My painting is not the best.
Michelle

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner. A Republic is a well-armed sheep.

I hope I always stay crazy, because I know if I ever become sane, it will drive me crazy.
Hoofbeat Racer
Canada

Post by Hoofbeat Racer »

I don't think anyone will tear it apart. Mine has its share of war wounds just from sitting in the garage. I have countless flaws in mine that I am embarrassed about but nobody would ever notice. Just get it loaded on that big rig and enjoy the drive to Iowa.
Mark

Rusty 63
United States of America

Post by Rusty 63 »

A slick on a slick! That would be a great picture!
Greg D
United States of America

Post by Greg D »

Stunning!
I am sure your paint is just fine Michelle.
Seeings as you have basically done a restoration on this truck if it had a 5K show job it would have been way too nice compared with what was stock on it.
On 2/3s of the Slicks I have had there was a big run on the inside of A pillar on one side or the other - far from a "show quality" work. Your paint looks easily as good or better than stock in your pics.
1964 F 100 - I am going to do "something" with it.......

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=15942

1987 Mustang LX Convertible, 2.3 Auto - cruiser.
1994 F 150 XLT 2WD

~ Yes - I adopted another cat..............

Cam L Milan,
You'll be missed my friend.
65f100_Thug
United States of America

Post by 65f100_Thug »

TOTALLY AWESOME! GAG ME WITH A HUBCAP LOL that truck needs a spot in CCT someone call Tom! I cant find the drooling smiley but consider a big one right here>>>>>:0...
HAVE YOU DISASSEMBLED A FORD LATELY?

10136 98349929981298119816
Michelle
United States of America

Post by Michelle »

Thanks for all the great comments guys. It has been a labor of love. Some day I will tell you the story of when I was building the 56 F100. It was truly a labor of love in the truest sense of the word. After it was painted and I was ready to start putting it all back togeher, Alan my husband of 29 years passed away. I will not pull a Paul Harvey and tell you the rest of the story now. I will save that for later.
Michelle

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner. A Republic is a well-armed sheep.

I hope I always stay crazy, because I know if I ever become sane, it will drive me crazy.
Roger Carter
United States of America

Post by Roger Carter »

Simply outstanding! Congratulations on a job very well done.

Roger Carter
Michelle
United States of America

Post by Michelle »

For all practical purposes the 65 is finished. I put the tail gate on today, adjusted the carburetor and it is running like a top. I posted a several pictures in the above thread called before and after pictures.

Michelle

slickmainer
United States of America

Post by slickmainer »

hell ya!!!
--Gregg--
you can't get there from here
Greg D
United States of America

Post by Greg D »

Congrats Michelle!
I wouldn't have thought of that style of hubcap for a Slick but I sure like them on it.
Just beautiful!
1964 F 100 - I am going to do "something" with it.......

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=15942

1987 Mustang LX Convertible, 2.3 Auto - cruiser.
1994 F 150 XLT 2WD

~ Yes - I adopted another cat..............

Cam L Milan,
You'll be missed my friend.
Effie

Post by Effie »

Wow chickie, that looks awesome.

We can definitely get it in True Blue Trucks if you want a magazine spread on it. I'd be happy to help you.

Wish I could come hang with ya'll at Slickstock, but I don't think these boys could handle the two of us together.
~/\/\elissa~
Image '66 F100 -- Little Black
Image '78 Bronco -- Brutus

Michelle
United States of America

Post by Michelle »

Effie wrote:Wow chickie, that looks awesome.

We can definitely get it in True Blue Trucks if you want a magazine spread on it. I'd be happy to help you.

Wish I could come hang with ya'll at Slickstock, but I don't think these boys could handle the two of us together.

Your right Mel, they couldn't stand the pressure. I wish you lived a little closer to me. We could load both out trucks up and head up. Together we could keep those boys on their toes. Let me know more about the True Blue trucks thing.
Michelle

supersmitty
United States of America

Post by supersmitty »

Beatutiful truck Michelle!! Exellent job. I only hope I can get mine that nice some day. :shock: :D
Brian Taylor
United States of America

Post by Brian Taylor »

Michelle you should send them a letter and a few of your build pics. I think you would be a great person to have in an article, if not a writer at large.
I just bought the latest True Blue Trucks at the store, first time reader, your truck and its story or your story and your rides would be great.
1966 Ford F-100 LWB 300
65TremecGT
United States of America

Post by 65TremecGT »

The truck looks absolutly awesome! Great job, I really think you could write a great restoration book about these trucks!
1965 Ford F-100 Short bed Custom Cab, Worn out six for now.
1966 F-250 Ranger waiting for a 79 460/C6 + Disc Brake and PS swap
Obsa
United States of America

Post by Obsa »

The voices are getting louder Michelle! You should at the least go for the article in True Blue Trucks. But I still believe you would be doing a great service to all present and future Slick owners with a full blown Technical Book on Slick restoration. You have already restored both the N and the Ranger and with the before, during, and after photos and written reports of the project build on the Ranger you already have more actual technical information accumulated than some books I have seen in print! You could even flesh out the book more with a chapter or more on the different ways our slicks can be brought back to life from a stock rebuild to some of the monster motored slicks of some of our members. I am sure some of our members would be pleased to provide information and photos to have their trucks included in a tech book.
As my dad used to say, somewhere there was a horse that died a painful death from terminal constipation due to missing a key part of its anatomy.
Michelle
United States of America

Post by Michelle »

So much to write so little time. I have written a number of tech articles over the years on automotive up grades I have done to cars and trucks that I have owned.
Michelle