Slowly Getting There

A place just for our project & build threads.

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

ezernut9mm
Sweden

Post by ezernut9mm »

yes, i am envious. should be quite the screamer.
always
"i believe i've achieved satisfaction".-bubbles
"should i be gettin" baked for this boys?"-bubbles

i could no longer keep "r.i.p.ing" all of our fallen brothers and sisters, so i say here, slick loads of love and much respect to all you beautiful people.
Power by Ford

Post by Power by Ford »

I uploaded a couple more pictures of the truck. Its at Thunder Valley Customs for paint and body work. You can see some of their work in the pics. I was not able to get a good pic of my torque box solution Ill try again. The bracket in the picture is mounted to the chasis and bolted to the cab where the gas tank retainers were bolted in. I will frame out the bed with box tubing to tie it all in and then install the wood bed floor. I got the one piece window kits in and will be working on them next.
[img]http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu189/khorton_2009/G[IMG]http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu189/khorton_2009/GE[IMG]http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu189/khorton_2009/GEDC0277.jpg[/img]DC0276.jpg[/IMG]EDC0274.jpg[/IMG]
Image[/url]
Love those SLICKS
olliesshop
United States of America

Post by olliesshop »

Looking good !!! Hopefully the paint will turn out great. :D
Tim - 1961 F250 Uni
"Big Red" pictures ... http://olliesshop.smugmug.com/Trucks
Current build thread ... viewtopic.php?f=32&t=29505
kstones63
United States of America

Post by kstones63 »

Power by Ford wrote:I had started cleaning up the factory harness to use it but it is just to time consuming. I have ordered a complete wiring system from Scott at the Detail Zone. It should make wiring the engine and trans much easier and quicker.

I am sorting out the wiring harness to put the 4.6L 32V in my truck. Do you think that this can be done or is it just not worth the hassle? I have mine down to bare minimum right now (about 60 hours in it). I am ready to start figuring out what wires I can delete on the PCM and still make it run. This is all over my head but I am detemined and hope that I can make it work. This is something that is more of a challenge for me just so I can say that I did it over buying a new harness, but I am not stupid and usually figure out when I should just say forget it.

Kevin
kstones63
95 F350 Flatbed Dually Diesel
Greg D
United States of America

Post by Greg D »

kstones63 wrote:I am sorting out the wiring harness to put the 4.6L 32V in my truck. Do you think that this can be done or is it just not worth the hassle? I have mine down to bare minimum right now (about 60 hours in it). I am ready to start figuring out what wires I can delete on the PCM and still make it run. This is all over my head but I am detemined and hope that I can make it work. This is something that is more of a challenge for me just so I can say that I did it over buying a new harness, but I am not stupid and usually figure out when I should just say forget it.

Kevin

Have you seen the 4.6 page at "Ford Fuel Injection.com" Kevin?

http://fordfuelinjection.com/?p=88
1964 F 100 - I am going to do "something" with it.......

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=15942

1987 Mustang LX Convertible, 2.3 Auto - cruiser.
1994 F 150 XLT 2WD

~ Yes - I adopted another cat..............

Cam L Milan,
You'll be missed my friend.
Power by Ford

Post by Power by Ford »

Kevin

It can certainly be done and as you have probably figured out it is just very time consuming. I had probably about 20 hours in mine when I aborted and went with the Detail Zone kit. Talk with Scott and he will treat you fair. The big issue is I plan to hide all my wiring behind the seat and splicing the original harness along with cutining out what you dont need is just to much hassle. The Detail Zone kit comes with the factory plugs along with 20 foot of marked wire and you terminate each circuit on the panel. Its very straight forward. I have not got mine completed yet. Ill post oics when I do. I have been battling the one piece window kits (PITA) but Im almost done.
Love those SLICKS
kstones63
United States of America

Post by kstones63 »

Greg D wrote:
kstones63 wrote:I am sorting out the wiring harness to put the 4.6L 32V in my truck. Do you think that this can be done or is it just not worth the hassle? I have mine down to bare minimum right now (about 60 hours in it). I am ready to start figuring out what wires I can delete on the PCM and still make it run. This is all over my head but I am detemined and hope that I can make it work. This is something that is more of a challenge for me just so I can say that I did it over buying a new harness, but I am not stupid and usually figure out when I should just say forget it.

Kevin

Have you seen the 4.6 page at "Ford Fuel Injection.com" Kevin?

http://fordfuelinjection.com/?p=88

I looked at it for just a few minutes. I figured that I will spend more time there when I get to that point which will be really soon.

Kevin
kstones63
kstones63
United States of America

Post by kstones63 »

Power by Ford wrote:Kevin

It can certainly be done and as you have probably figured out it is just very time consuming. I had probably about 20 hours in mine when I aborted and went with the Detail Zone kit. Talk with Scott and he will treat you fair. The big issue is I plan to hide all my wiring behind the seat and splicing the original harness along with cutining out what you dont need is just to much hassle. The Detail Zone kit comes with the factory plugs along with 20 foot of marked wire and you terminate each circuit on the panel. Its very straight forward. I have not got mine completed yet. Ill post oics when I do. I have been battling the one piece window kits (PITA) but Im almost done.

I have mine down to bare minimum now. I guess I should call the Detail Zone and talk to them to see what is involved. It might not be worth it to go any further on this harness.

Kevin
kstones63
Power by Ford

Post by Power by Ford »

Kevin

Also check out http://wirediet.com/ since you have scraped the unneeded they may can go over the harness for you and make sure everything is in order. I hate chasing electrical problems.
Love those SLICKS
japedo

Post by japedo »

Im using a 4.6L in my build, but not going with EFI.

Edelbrock sells a 4 barrel intake manifold, along with an ignition control unit, and associated wireing harness.
The kit claims you only need to run a ground wire, and a positive from the ignition to battery. :D

I am a EFI fan, but I figured the carb setup would suit one of these trucks better "just looks" and im only using it in the summer obviously.

Awesome build! Keep up the great work!

Japedo
Power by Ford

Post by Power by Ford »

Weld, grind, weld there must be a million holes to fill on this truck. The PO had installed a snap on bed cover and I stopped counting at 75 holes not to mention all the others. I plan to use the more modern style narrow defrost vents and the under dash booster and master cylinder really cleans up the firewall IMO. Im still undecided if I should shave the drip rails or not. Any thoughts. I know it may not be to the liking of some but I think it may fit the theme of the truck overall - simple and smooth.
Love those SLICKS
olliesshop
United States of America

Post by olliesshop »

WOW !!! It's really looking nice. :D
Tim - 1961 F250 Uni
"Big Red" pictures ... http://olliesshop.smugmug.com/Trucks
Current build thread ... viewtopic.php?f=32&t=29505
62uni

Post by 62uni »

What is the conduit running inside of the bedsides for?
Power by Ford

Post by Power by Ford »

The chasis panel and efi panel will all be hidden behind the seat the conduit will be used to run the wiring to the tail lights and also the wires for the fuel pump. Other than the coil and injector wires on top of the motor no other wiring will be seen. There will be a inner bed wall panel installed to hide the conduit.
Love those SLICKS
HiBoy63
Ireland

Post by HiBoy63 »

Dont know why I love Ford trucks and Chevy cars. That 56 ragtop is hot. Im looking for a mustang convert from mid to late 60s that needs redone they are hard to find for cheap. I know this thead is not about the 56 so I apologize in advance. But I have to ask what kind of shape that started out in?
1963 F250 4x4x292
1965 F100 4x4x352
1998 F150 4x4x4.6
2001 Sport Track 4x4x4.0

In case you are wondering thats Ireland......Freedom is not Free!!!!!!!!

Heritage country Flag
Power by Ford

Post by Power by Ford »

No appologies needed. Im all FORD but I agree the ragtop is nice. It is a complete ground up build with wiring, interior and a few other items remaining. It is very difficult around Georgia to find any vehicle that does not have rust when you get into it and if you dont fix it all you have is a shiny rust bucket.
Love those SLICKS
HiBoy63
Ireland

Post by HiBoy63 »

Nice job on both of them.
1963 F250 4x4x292
1965 F100 4x4x352
1998 F150 4x4x4.6
2001 Sport Track 4x4x4.0

In case you are wondering thats Ireland......Freedom is not Free!!!!!!!!

Heritage country Flag
Power by Ford

Post by Power by Ford »

Making a little bit more progress. The drip rails are gone and some more work on the bed completed. I have cherry wood to go in the bed floor and will pick it up next week. Im waiting on the ac vents, wiper set up and a few other parts. Im considering angle chopping the roof to bring it down in the front by about 3/4 of an inch. Input and suggestions welcome
Image[/url]
Love those SLICKS
BackyardRest

Post by BackyardRest »

You are going at this build completely WRONG!

First off lets start with the Lightning Engine and trans.....

They should be in my truck not yours.... LOL

On a more serious note LOVE IT! I really like the Lighting engine swap and what else you are doing to this truck! Looking forward to seeing it completed and hearing what its like to drive.
Reds Rod Shop

Post by Reds Rod Shop »

Sweet, I've wondered about the slicing the front down a little and how it would look. I've also given a lot of thought about angling the roof section on my 64 also so it doesn't have the flat just above the windshield like aq 61 - 63 but leaving the rear at stock height. I need to buy a software program to test different ideas on. Maybe one day......