Slowly Getting There

A place just for our project & build threads.

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Power by Ford

Post by Power by Ford »

Got a few more things done on my truck. I modified the stock inner fenders and they fit around the 5.4 really well. I plan to eliminate the turn signals in the grill and extend the bar out. I got the seat from a early 90's F150 i had to cut down the back 1.5 inches. I plan to cover it two tone leather similar to the Lightning truck.
Love those SLICKS
slickmainer
United States of America

Post by slickmainer »

well never seen a m/c in the dash before, looks wicked!
--Gregg--
you can't get there from here
abrasilian

Post by abrasilian »

wow man, amazing.
BigMike
United States of America

Post by BigMike »

Man, that is looking pretty awesome. Where are you in Atlanta?
1965 F250 352 4spd/Dana 4.10 (sold)
1991 Porsche 964 Cabriolet
2006 Cheby Silverado
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee - yeah, it's a HEMI
twistedfreak

Post by twistedfreak »

looking good man keep them coming
""WE THE WILLING, LED BY THE UNKNOWING, ARE DOING THE IMPOSSIBLE FOR THE UNGRATEFUL""
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

The seat looks at home in there!, do you top up the M/C through the speaker vent?, coming along real nice!!! 8)
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!
66 f100 tabletop swb 351 Clevo C6 "Beryl"

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Slick Stock 8.............................. cry.gif
Power by Ford

Post by Power by Ford »

Thanks for the comments Gentlemen. Ive been working on this truck for over two years now and planning to keep it in the family and had it down to my 7 year old son. I plan to have it completed by May and take it to the Super Nationals. Mike I live in Acworth just a couple of miles off 75. The M/C and pedal assembly is from Kugel componets and I just welded it in. You can get them in many configurations. The M/C will have a small remote fill located on the fire wall. Im very pleased with the seat only slight modifications to make the seat mounts work, it is very comfortable with power lumbar and only cost me $25. The back was very easy to cut down so it would not stick up in the back galss. Thanks to kstone (Kevin) for the seat idea.
Love those SLICKS
Power by Ford

Post by Power by Ford »

A few more pics. Hoping to get one of Kevin's hood kits and get rid of the hood hinges. The hinges are new and junk, caution if you are thinking of buying some. Apologies the engine pics did not turn out well. Welded some round bar over the doors where i had shaved the drip rails. I think it will look good when its bodyworked in. The tailgate and tag box is almost complete. The tailgate will have power actuators to operate the latches. The steps turned out nice. They were not as rusty as I thought. The plasma cutter made quick work of the door inards and the one piece window kits look nice. You can see in one of the pics where I added a piece of 3/8 flat stock to the top of the fender lip to clean up the hood/cowl and fender gap.

[img]http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu189/khorton_2009/[IMG]http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu189/khorton_2009/GEDC0565.jpg[/img]GEDC0560.jpg[/IMG]
Love those SLICKS
MadMaxetc
United States of America

Post by MadMaxetc »

looking good!
Dan
Project: '63 F-100 LWB / 460 / C6 / 2x4
My Build Thread
tray
United States of America

Post by tray »

Really enjoy your work the tailgate looks great!!! Hell everything looks great!
Power by Ford

Post by Power by Ford »

Got some work done on the grille. Hopefully this weekend I will have time to finish it and get it ready for chrome plating.
The pictures did not turn out to well. Any thoughts on the look?

Love those SLICKS
MadMaxetc
United States of America

Post by MadMaxetc »

I realy like it!

Nice work.
Dan
Project: '63 F-100 LWB / 460 / C6 / 2x4
My Build Thread
fire truck
United States of America

Post by fire truck »

That grille is gonna be killer!
So good lookin' that I've attracted an international stalker.

Rest in Peace Bumpstick....I miss ya man.
randyr

Post by randyr »

I like the grill, too! Really simple and clean. The tailgate is awesome, too! Like the others have said, the whole thing is great! I have uni-envy!! :lol: :lol:

Looks like you're going with the wing vent delete. Is this the Bob's F100 kit or your own fabrication? Do you plan to beef up the door hinge area where you removed some of the support to fit the window channel or do you think it will be strong enough as is?
noley99

Post by noley99 »

WOW! The whole thing looks awesome!
Family First!
Power by Ford

Post by Power by Ford »

randyr wrote:I like the grill, too! Really simple and clean. The tailgate is awesome, too! Like the others have said, the whole thing is great! I have uni-envy!! :lol: :lol:

Looks like you're going with the wing vent delete. Is this the Bob's F100 kit or your own fabrication? Do you plan to beef up the door hinge area where you removed some of the support to fit the window channel or do you think it will be strong enough as is?

Thanks Randyr. I worked on the grille some more today and a few other things. I am deleting the vent windows and the kit is from Bobs F100. Im using a Speciality Power Window kit also. They make very good stuff and they are within driving distance from me. As you can see in the picture a good bit has to come out of the door and I was very surprised that it had little to no impact on the door. I had originally planned to weld in some bracing but it is not necessary. These trucks are built tough.
Love those SLICKS
Power by Ford

Post by Power by Ford »

I have been very busy at work and have got behind on my truck. I got the Tilt Hood kit in from Kevin and Im very pleased with the quality and craftmanship. I hope to get it installed soon. Oh well here are some pics of the chassis from a while back.
Love those SLICKS
Anthony
United States of America

Post by Anthony »

Smilie_4_Revan.gif purdy!!! Smilie_4_Revan.gif
Reds Rod Shop

Post by Reds Rod Shop »

Its been a while since i checked out your thread. Making a lot of progress and looking good. Are you still planning on having it at the F100 Nationals in Tenn in May?
noley99

Post by noley99 »

Looking really sweet! I need to get up there and see it in person soon.
Family First!