Slowly Getting There

A place just for our project & build threads.

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Greg D
United States of America

Post by Greg D »

I like what you did with the grill (and the rest of the truck).
I was considering the same thing for my 62 grill plus removing the verticle bar. Chrome will look great.
Good chrome plating is Copper, then Nickle, then Chromium. If you want a closer to stock color have it Nickle plated - will look pretty close to the aluminum (be just a hair more blueish though). Should be a tad cheaper too because it skips a polishing & dipping.
1964 F 100 - I am going to do "something" with it.......

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=15942

1987 Mustang LX Convertible, 2.3 Auto - cruiser.
1994 F 150 XLT 2WD

~ Yes - I adopted another cat..............

Cam L Milan,
You'll be missed my friend.
Power by Ford

Post by Power by Ford »

After getting a couple of quotes on chroming my bumper and grill (1,800 to 2,200) I have decided to go with a brushed stainless look the grill and bumper will have a faux paint finish and the windshield and BBW trim will be brushed. I started on the stainless trim and it looks really nice brushed IMO. The pictures show the 3/8 flat stock welded on the fenders and upper grill valance. After final body work Ill end up with a nice 1/4 hood to fender gap.

Love those SLICKS
twistedfreak

Post by twistedfreak »

looking good bro keep it up i know it keeps me motivated looking at the progress of others
""WE THE WILLING, LED BY THE UNKNOWING, ARE DOING THE IMPOSSIBLE FOR THE UNGRATEFUL""
Power by Ford

Post by Power by Ford »

Well we are getting closer to paint. It has been blocked twice and will come off the frame and begin working on the bottom side and prepping it for paint. Upon completing the bottom side it will be blocked 2 more times prior to paint. It will be a very straight black truck one day.
Love those SLICKS
Reds Rod Shop

Post by Reds Rod Shop »

Looks awesome. I can't wait to get mine to that stage in the game. Also I like the way that you closed the hood to fender gap. I've looked at doing something wityh mine but have not made a final decision on it yet. Keep the post and pics coming. They keep me inspired.
Power by Ford

Post by Power by Ford »

Thanks Red. I forgot the bumper pic.
Love those SLICKS
Reds Rod Shop

Post by Reds Rod Shop »

Hey man, any progress lately? You gonna have to explain to your employer that you have a slick to build with a fan club watching from the slick site. :dancing:
fire truck
United States of America

Post by fire truck »

yeah, what he said :)
So good lookin' that I've attracted an international stalker.

Rest in Peace Bumpstick....I miss ya man.
Robert

Post by Robert »

Can one of you guys tell me whats the best way to shave the bumper bolts
Power by Ford

Post by Power by Ford »

Well I have not had time to work on my truck in quite a while. It has been so hot and work and family have taken my whole summer. I did start moking up the bed wood and metal runners. I cant decide if I want to chrome the runners or paint them body color. Oh well still a ways to go before paint.

Love those SLICKS
slickmainer
United States of America

Post by slickmainer »

man that is going to be a sweet ride. black will look good on the low uni
--Gregg--
you can't get there from here
Reds Rod Shop

Post by Reds Rod Shop »

Robert wrote:Can one of you guys tell me whats the best way to shave the bumper bolts

Not to hijack the thread but I welded brackets to the back of my bumper and then bolted the brackets to the frame .
Hunter's 64
United States of America

Re: Slowly Getting There

Post by Hunter's 64 »

Any updates , Has it been painted yet ,Fired that Lightning mill up yet. Inquiring minds want to know.

Thanks Danny
SixtySix Ford
United States of America

Post by SixtySix Ford »

Man what a build! I agree any updates?
"Nitrous is like hot girl with STD's. You know you wanna hit it, but your afraid of the consequences."

66 Ford F-100 - Project SickUp
totten
United States of America

Post by totten »

Been a year from hearing any updates. You have great fab skills. Can't wait too see more mods to truck. Tony :clap:
1966 f-100 ranger,red and white,240,cruiseomatic,3.00 gear,a/c.
Power by Ford

Post by Power by Ford »

Well as the threads title says "Slowly getting there :D I have not worked on the truck in about 5 months. Spent the summer busy with the kids, painted the exterior of my house (dont recommend that to others), built a deck/pergola and so on. I have a few metal work items to complete before paint. I was not happy with the fit of the tailgate and Im planning to install suicide hinges and swing it on the passanger side. Im also sectioning the license plate indent in the rear pan to make it fit better to the size of the tag. I have blown it all apart again for the 10th time and plan to get back on it later this month. I also cannot decide on paint red with flat black stripe as in pic or black with sliver stripe. I drop in regulary and there are alot of great projects going on that provide me motivation.

Love those SLICKS
kstones63
United States of America

Post by kstones63 »

Looking good. Can you see the end of the project yet?
What is the tank for that is sitting where the battery was?

Kevin
kstones63
95 F350 Flatbed Dually Diesel
Ovrkill5150

Post by Ovrkill5150 »

Very nice!
rickairmedic

Post by rickairmedic »

I started my current project 5 + years ago with the purchase of what is now my donor 63 longbed uni off of ebay thanks to a tip from Captain Carstop ( yall remember him :D ) for $50.00 . Last summer I found my shorty which is now the build :D. This summer I found a mint 88 Crownvic to use as a chassis and drivetrain donor . Needless to say I now have 80-90% of what I need to build my Uni so now the fun begins the actual build .

Your not doing bad at all seeing as how it has taken me 5+ years just to gather the parts to start mine :D. I will be driving it to SS6 and would love to have another BBW at the event :D.

Rick
if it aint broke fix it till it is :D
Power by Ford

Post by Power by Ford »

Thought Id share a little more progress. Im waiting for the weather to warm up so I can spray some epoxy and slick sand. I did not like the way the tailgate lined up and I have never liked the hinge bump outs so now they are gone. May not fit everyones taste but I like the look. I will have to get some more pictures with the gate skinned. I missed the question from Kevin earlier. The aluminum tank is for the supercharger coolant.

Love those SLICKS