66 f100 with air ride and cummins

A place just for our project & build threads.

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

rickairmedic

Re: 66 f100 with air ride and cummins

Post by rickairmedic »

Justin I had to pull your build back up to the top . I see on the slicks facebook page your truck made it to camp and drag . Soooooooooo hows the progress comming :D.

Rick
if it aint broke fix it till it is :D
thenephilm
United States of America

Post by thenephilm »

Progress will begin again soon. I have been ordering parts in the mean time so that I have stuff sitting there when I get to it rather than having to wait for it to come in. Seems to make things go faster that way. Should start tearing it back down again here soon once I wrap up a couple house projects. However, hurricane season is upon us and being an insurance adjuster we will see what happens lol..
Hi I'm Justin.
rickairmedic

Post by rickairmedic »

LOL Justin I understand as I am in the middle of AC season and I do heat and AC . :D

Rick
thenephilm
United States of America

Post by thenephilm »

I am sure you have been busy then. I can't even make plans for the months of August, September, or October in case something hits because I have to be ready to go asap when it happens. Last year I drove through Isaac in Louisiana getting to Baton Rouge. Good stuff lol.
Hi I'm Justin.
rickairmedic

Post by rickairmedic »

Man the weather hasnt been helping me any either . I had plans to come home today and get into some wire removal from my donor narrowing it down to what I need and of course it has rained most of the day . Not much fun crouching under a tarp playing with wires especially when you need to look at the wire diagram and decide what colors need to go and what can stay and its DARK under the tarp :D.

Rick
thenephilm
United States of America

Post by thenephilm »

I am not complaining too much about the weather, I will take this cool weather for as long as we can get it. I should be ordering my axles here soon for the rear end along with the brake setup. My list of parts needed that I know of is dwindling which makes me happy but my wallet sad lol.
Hi I'm Justin.
rickairmedic

Post by rickairmedic »

I would be much happier with 120* in the shade which ios normal for this time of year here . The cool wet weather isnt helping my wallet any at all . I wouldnt mind so much if it wasnt raining so much and I could get more done in the down time on my truck . The 62 body is in the garage which means I am deconstructing the crownvic donor in the driveway.

Rick
totten
United States of America

Post by totten »

Cant wait for more pics. Hope life is going well for you. Tony
1966 f-100 ranger,red and white,240,cruiseomatic,3.00 gear,a/c.
totten
United States of America

Post by totten »

Thanks for the comment on my 66. lots of work to still do. Hows your truck going? Would love to see it in paint for next year. Bring it to Queen City Mustangs car show in west chester,ohio in june. Ill be waiting on pics ,TONY
thenephilm
United States of America

Post by thenephilm »

I just finished up my leg sleeve finally, which has been somewhat crippling to work on the truck while it heals. I continue to order parts for the truck and lately have bought some go fast goodies for the cummins :). My porch is ready for paint which is up to my gf to take care of cause I wasted enough time on that stupid thing lol. I would say that I will realistically get back on it here in September when things start to calm down a bit with work unless a hurricane arises. I don't see my truck making it in paint by next year just because there is so much body stuff to do but I do foresee it running. I want to make sure all of the bugs are out of it before painting it given all of the different elements that have gone into this.
Hi I'm Justin.
rickairmedic

Post by rickairmedic »

You gotta have it running we are already putting together a caravan for
Slickstock meeting up in Louisville :D.

Rick
thenephilm
United States of America

Post by thenephilm »

Are you really?? I really want to go and would love to cruise all the way out there for sure.
Hi I'm Justin.
rickairmedic

Post by rickairmedic »

Yep we talked about it in Chat a few weeks ago Jkimbrel will be comming across 24 and up 65 to meet up with us . I am in Louisville and we have a new member here in Louisville that is planning to go . Then we have you and Totten hopefully . We will be picking up Gary in Indiana before turning left and heading for Sparks house to pick him and hopefully both his trucks up and heading on in to Altoona . I will post up in Truck talk before to long with A Louisville Caravan thread so we can figure out who all is meeting up here or along the way and when we all plan to get there :D.

Rick
thenephilm
United States of America

Post by thenephilm »

Dang now that is motivation for sure!
Hi I'm Justin.
theastronaut

Post by theastronaut »

thenephilm wrote:Image

Long bed tool box was cut down to make a box for my short bed. It was rather time consuming but not terribly difficult. Bed is also mounted and once the tool box is in, I can sheet the floor. The driveshaft is being made currently as well. I did hear some unfortunate news about my gauges though. I had hoped to use the original gauges with two air gauges from a big truck from an f700, but after speaking with several places, the cost to do so will be outrageous due to the amount of work involved, somewhere in the range of 1200-1600, which is out of my price range. So, I will have to use some aftermarket gauges unfortunately :(.

Build looks great so far, I especially like the bed floor! Not sure what you're wanting specifically with the gauges, but check with Jason at Greenback Decal to see what he can do. He has made a custom but stock looking tach for my '66 C10 that was reasonably priced.
thenephilm
United States of America

Post by thenephilm »

Well here is some news. The truck is going to a friends for a full custom stainless manifold...and to squeeze in the extra turbo :twisted: . All of the piping will be stainless as well and then the piping and turbo housings will be polished by another friend. In the mean time, I will be working on the bed. Been gathering parts for awhile but running 60+ pounds of boost requires tightening the motor up a bit more lol.
Hi I'm Justin.
rickairmedic

Post by rickairmedic »

Over 60 pounds of boost time to narrow the rear end and start over on the bed . That thing is going to have some NASTY torque numbers :D.

Rick
thenephilm
United States of America

Post by thenephilm »

The rear wheels will be rehooped and widened eventually as I have the room in there for a 10" wide wheel. Unfortunately, you can't buy aftermarket 8 lug innie wheels lol.
Hi I'm Justin.
totten
United States of America

Post by totten »

Been busy having you? Getting cold outside maybe we will have indian summer first part of nov. IVE been to louisville for car show but have no other time for Slickfest . MAYBE LATER Thanks,Tony
thenephilm
United States of America

Post by thenephilm »

theastronaut wrote:
thenephilm wrote:Image

Long bed tool box was cut down to make a box for my short bed. It was rather time consuming but not terribly difficult. Bed is also mounted and once the tool box is in, I can sheet the floor. The driveshaft is being made currently as well. I did hear some unfortunate news about my gauges though. I had hoped to use the original gauges with two air gauges from a big truck from an f700, but after speaking with several places, the cost to do so will be outrageous due to the amount of work involved, somewhere in the range of 1200-1600, which is out of my price range. So, I will have to use some aftermarket gauges unfortunately :(.

Build looks great so far, I especially like the bed floor! Not sure what you're wanting specifically with the gauges, but check with Jason at Greenback Decal to see what he can do. He has made a custom but stock looking tach for my '66 C10 that was reasonably priced.

Thanks for the compliment, means a lot coming from someone doing your caliber of work!

totten wrote:Been busy having you? Getting cold outside maybe we will have indian summer first part of nov. IVE been to louisville for car show but have no other time for Slickfest . MAYBE LATER Thanks,Tony

I am hoping to have the truck back sometime in December. However, it just depends on what it takes for him to get all of that in there, he can be a little slow at times. In the meantime, I plan on getting the bed knocked out so it is ready to go when it comes home.
Hi I'm Justin.