64 f250 c.o.m throttle bracket

A place just for our project & build threads.

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

OLD RED
United States of America

64 f250 c.o.m throttle bracket

Post by OLD RED »

hi iam the new guy. i have a 1964 f250 292 y block with a 4spd manual ,custom cab long bed . Iam building a frame off 1962 f100 short bed stepside for a friend . I have owned, built, and sold sold cars n trucks from 53's to 72's . I know just enough to bite off more than I can chew ..lol..

Ill be trying to upload all of my 150 photos of the progress on the 62' build as soon as i can figure it out!!. it contains gas tank relocation, mustang 2 frame prep and all the step by step pics it took ect..... I want to share all this to help as many people as I can ( cause pic's are king) with there projects. .

So this is what I have going on . I found a donor 64 f250 292 y block long bed that had a factory installed c.o.m . I got the tranny,drive line,steering column, all linkage with intake bracket for intake. I got all I needed to swap into my truck for $200.00.
I have installed all parts , removed the pre heat tank from the side of the tranny and installed a updated tranny cooler infront of the radiator. I put type FA atf in the tranny when I refilled it, and have gone through all gears and tranny is full.

I have looked and searched for exploded veiws of the proper set up and adjustment for the intake bracket and the pressure rod adjustment procedure , but can not find anything that looks like my bracket at all!! any posts that relate to c.o.m's seem to get side tracked on subjects of years or whether their 2spds or 3spds which is important but i think u guys get what im saying on that.

It drives , shifts and the buzzing noise is almost gone now after topping off fuilds. Ive read that if not properly adjusted( pressure rod) that it'll smoke the tranny fast. I know I need to order a shop repair book and will but im hoping someone here will have section 7 of that book on pdf or something.

1. how to adjust pressure rod?... 2. do I need to hook up some sort of pressure guage to the port to do it?( side of tranny)...3. does my configuration with the bracket to carb linkage look correct? .. 4. I lost my shifter detent (column ) and installed one from a 63 mercury monclarie, which is PRNDL. mine was PRN- (WHITE DOT)D (GREEN DOT)D and L. ( i figured i could use it for now knowing I wasnt going to be putting into low.
With all linkage hook up park is reverse ect... its all off by 1 . . hopfully this pic will show up....THANKS ..if not its the only one in my gallery at this time

11960[album]
OLD RED
United States of America

Re: 64 f250 c.o.m throttle bracket

Post by OLD RED »

well I drove it today like it was . I figured all the springs and threaded rod was as it was on the other truck .

drove good , light pressure on gas , shifted once at 25/27 mph and then again at 34/37 mph . I did have to let off throtle slightly for it to shift.

on way back i gave more gas while driving . shifted at 30/37 and again at 41/45. first shift either way was on the stiff side but don't think its a issue.

so i guess ignorance is bliss..lol.. I got a new detent on the way .

now i will get a tach installed to see where all the rpms are at while driving / shifting.