390 FE/FT Mount hybrid to 292 y block build thread

A place just for our project & build threads.

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

aj64f100390-292
United States of America

390 FE/FT Mount hybrid to 292 y block build thread

Post by aj64f100390-292 »

Well..my 390's #5 cylinder got to where I was cleaning the plug weekly after ut fouled with oil..rhen one day it wouldnt stay clean at all..tryed a fouler...shes going down..so the y block build was put in overdrive..Ill keep the thread updated as much as possible, as well as make a official how to -bolt in FE IN 61-64 trucks thread soon fir those who like the bell housing mount and don't want to mess with adding mounts.
- '57 ecz-g heads, new stainless valves, sleeved seats, new intake AND EXHAUST valves..I wanted them to be like new heads...and they are short of the casting really
- Ecg 1.54 high ratio rocker arms
- .40 on the bore, .20 on the crank, clevite main and rod bearings
-gerotor oil pump
-Thunderbird newer pattern 4 barrel intake
-Motorcraft distributor with Duraspark II mod soon hopefully..I'll have to run the autolite setup for now'

A little easy off..and I was suprised to find that under the failing black paint and grease was a whole lot of blue! looks as if at one time the oil pan was the same blue as what I'm painting it..looks as if yellow, blue, then a half arsed black...what I like the most is the nice big drain plug..Id like a drain valve with a outlet to attach a hose so I can better control while draining my oil 8)

And yes my engine stand SUCKS..

NOS 2 groove pulley for my power steering 8) I wish it wasn't so worn on the front...now I'm going to prime and paint it to protect it..too nice to let it rust up!

New engine...new tach and cluster...not to get off topic..
I'm going to repaint it argent silver...what paint strippers are chrome safe or are they all chrome safe?

more pics and details to come
1964 f100 lwb 292 ECG Heads,4v, 4spd, '76 9" 3.25, orig. :292 3spdO/D, 3.92 spicer locker
19mpg hwy, .040/298ci, arnd 8.7:1, ECG heads, stainless valves, ceramic coated ramshorn manifolds, B code int., eddy 4bbl, Durasprk II/C5ZF dizzy, C2AE rods,high ratio rockers, NOS two groove h.balancer, unkwn cam-for now :twisted: soon:pwr asst steering
was FE/FT, mount:390, C6R heads, C4ae int, w/ 361/391 FT Bellhous.,timing cover, & w. pump.
-Back on the road since jan '17