CROWN VIC SWAP INNER FENDER TRIM

A place just for our project & build threads.

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

claybreaker 144

CROWN VIC SWAP INNER FENDER TRIM

Post by claybreaker 144 »

I searched for information on the required trim that needs to be done to the inner fenders with a crown vic swap and came up empty. Anyone have a template or recommendations?
Thanks
62 Unibody Short Bed Soon To Have CV Swap
62 T Bird
66 Elcamino
cwindsor

Re: CROWN VIC SWAP INNER FENDER TRIM

Post by cwindsor »

2nd this...
foodstick

Post by foodstick »

Are you asking how to trim the bottom of the 61-63 inner splash pans to fit nicely on an early crown vic (80's era ) ?

The original splash pans line up so good with the early vic chassis I couldn't believe it when I did mine. I have never done the newer chassis everyone is using now.
claybreaker 144

Post by claybreaker 144 »

I've cut and flattened 2 drivers inners but haven't finished. I found my core support too bent to line the fenders up. Got another core support under way this weekend. When I get done I'll post photos.
62 Unibody Short Bed Soon To Have CV Swap
62 T Bird
66 Elcamino
viper driver

Post by viper driver »

I used the plastic inner fenders that came with my 08 crown vic. I couldn't really see a way to make the original steel inner fender wells work. There is certainly a way, but there'd be not much of them left at all. I bolted the plastic fender wells to the underside of the fenders using long bolts with pipe on the back of them, to space the plastic inner fenders down near the tires.

The original 61 steel inner fender wells are beautiful. I wish I could have used them. But, the 08 motor, in my opinion, was just way too wide to make it work. It far exceeded my assessment of cost/ benefit. My original steel ones were also pretty trashed, so please don't be upset that I just threw them in the dumpster.

half way down on this page shows what I did. doesn't look as nice as the old stuff, but it's functional and wasn't too difficult.

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=34863&start=60
Blanger
United States of America

Post by Blanger »

I use the old inner fenders to make patterns to cut the new ones, like Viper mine were totally junk but good enought to cut up and sacrifice so the new inner fenders would fit first try.... as far as a template I doubt even if you found one it would be much help, there are so many variations doing a CV swap that it would be hard to have a template that is more than just a general guideline, my suggestion would be to measure from several points and try to transfer that onto the inner fender, then be conservative cutting, it's easier to cut a little more off to make it fit than it is to put it back on after you cut it off.

Jon