'62 F100 Uni - yes another Crown Vic swap

A place just for our project & build threads.

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Blanger
United States of America

Re: '62 F100 Uni - yes another Crown Vic swap

Post by Blanger »

theinternetkid wrote:Cool looking project. Check out this gauge I'm using in my 1961 that's running on crown vic parts. It plugs into the OBD2 port and is a little sleeker than trying to run the stock gauges. It was only $80 and all of the fields are able to be customized.
That's really cool, who makes - sells them? For $80 bucks it worth taking a look.

Thanks..

Jon
Blanger
United States of America

Post by Blanger »

Week 11

Nothing to report, no problems...lol

We did drive the '62 to our Thanksgiving get-together and it was the topic of conversation, I think a lot of people don't get how the chassis swap works because I had a lot of questions about cutting the CV frame or cutting the body and how much work was involved. I think a lot of people don't understand that it's really just a body swap and everything CV stayed....lots of puzzled looks...lol

Of course a lot of folks think that since we drive it that it's finished, and I had to explain that there was still things to finish like the gauges and headliner left to finish, one person did notice the back-up camera which means he was looking at it pretty thoroughly cause it's tiny and easy to miss.

----

Hopefully the drivers floor pan will show up today for the '65 and I can get it and the body mount installed, I started sanding the cab last Monday for a few hours there will be lots and lots of sanding on it since it will have to have some color put on it, I'm trying to get all the gray and black primer off of it down to the original factory green paint so I can seal that and start building it back out, don't really want to take it all the way down to bare metal if I can help it, I figure the back of the cab will be a good test area to see what works.

Have a great weekend

Jon
theinternetkid

Post by theinternetkid »

Blanger wrote:
theinternetkid wrote:Cool looking project. Check out this gauge I'm using in my 1961 that's running on crown vic parts. It plugs into the OBD2 port and is a little sleeker than trying to run the stock gauges. It was only $80 and all of the fields are able to be customized.
That's really cool, who makes - sells them? For $80 bucks it worth taking a look.

Thanks..

Jon
I googled "obd2 gauges" and came across a ton of options, the Ultra Gauge was the cheapest. You can buy one here http://www.ultra-gauge.com/ultragauge/
Blanger
United States of America

Post by Blanger »

theinternetkid wrote:I googled "obd2 gauges" and came across a ton of options, the Ultra Gauge was the cheapest. You can buy one here http://www.ultra-gauge.com/ultragauge/
Thank you, I'll be sure to check it out...

Jon
Blanger
United States of America

Post by Blanger »

Week 12

Are the weekly updates getting old yet?

-----

Again nothing new to report truck is doing fine as expected, my gut has been telling me for months that this was a good build that would be reliable, seems to be my gut is correct.

We did finally get a package of headliner clips that hold the headliner in the front above the windshield, we kept forgetting to order them with other parts.... we do keep a running list on a note pad in the shop so we don't get sidetracked and forget things when ordering other parts, we just don't always look at the list...lol ....anyway when we get to it we now have everything needed to install the headliner.

-----

Tuesday I drove the '95 GMC to work because I had some trash to put in the dumpster...man, I'm spoiled driving the '62 everyday because the GMC seemed slow and difficult to keep going straight, after a few months of driving nothing but the '62 you really notice things that are different between the two vehicles like the brakes. It's like night and day differences and I really didn't think there was as much of a difference, but you get accustom to what your driving all the time and when you jump in something different it becomes easy to see.

I haven't had the time to do the mock up on using the CV instrument cluster like we saw in the magazine article although we did buy a sheet of thin Plexiglas which will be needed if it works out and since we bought that '62 cab, bed, and dog house we have another bezel that can be sacrificed for the project. If this works I'll have to do a little repair to the CV cluster since some of the lighting is burnt out, I haven't looked but if the lighting is like most modern instrument clusters it will have regular #194 bulbs or surface mount (gain of wheat) bulbs (too old for LEDs) that are soldered to the circuit board (PCB) that I'll have to source and replace. ...not a big deal at all.

I also have never come up with a plan for windshield washers and it's getting to the time of year when I'm going to wish I would have figured that out already. lol

------

The truck has been in a few heavy rains both sitting and driving lately, I knew going in that the wipers would be sub-standard and having intermittent wipers is something that I really miss, I haven't forgot about trying to make the CV wiper motor work on the slick and I will get around to it sometime in the future I have this other project that is sucking up most of my free time...lol I do have to say that the door gaskets work really well and I have no leakage like I had with the old gaskets no water on the cab steps at all which is nice and the bed cover does a great job keeping water off the wood bed floor we built, it was definitely worth the investment .

----

We will eventually get to and solve all of these things mentioned above it's just that none of them are pressing issues that need to take my attention away from the '65 at the moment, and the longer I think about some of the items the better plan I come up with to deal with each one.

-----

My wife sent me this link the other day, some of you might find it interesting..

http://www.blueovaltrucks.com/resources ... istory.htm

Have a great weekend..

Jon
mercuryv8
Canada

Post by mercuryv8 »

I love the updates!

Are you talking about windshield washer fluid? If so I discovered a pretty trick piece. Ford van's had the fluid container deep in the inner fender spaces and they used about a 10" very flexible tube to fill it. The tube was made out of a rubber like compound and the fill cap and tube was all one piece. It fit like a grommet does in a large hole in sheet metal. I snagged it because it could be mounted anywhere. That's a lot of words that one picture would replace. I will post up a pic later.

Nic
Blanger
United States of America

Post by Blanger »

mercuryv8 wrote:I love the updates!

Are you talking about windshield washer fluid? If so I discovered a pretty trick piece. Ford van's had the fluid container deep in the inner fender spaces and they used about a 10" very flexible tube to fill it. The tube was made out of a rubber like compound and the fill cap and tube was all one piece. It fit like a grommet does in a large hole in sheet metal. I snagged it because it could be mounted anywhere. That's a lot of words that one picture would replace. I will post up a pic later.
Nic,

Yeah, basically a washer tank that I can mount under the hood, the CV tank is shaped in a way that there really isn't a good place to mount it that would look good and it be not at a angle because of the roll of the '62's inner fenders, I have the original slick washer bag but it's small and I would have to mount a pump somewhere to draw fluid out of the top, wouldn't really look that good in my opinion.

Yeah, pics of your setup would be appreciated....

Here's a pic of under the hood, I have a lot of room back on the firewall but not a lot in other areas.

Thanks

Jon
Blanger
United States of America

Post by Blanger »

Week 13

Monday before we started on the RM I took the time to remove the steering wheel and the 9 hole adapter that came with the column we put on the '62, the problem has been that I used a 28" column, the 3" 9 hole adapter-spacer, and a 9 hole steering wheel with about a 1" dish, when if I had done the proper mock-up and measured it would have probably been a 30 or 32" column that would put the steering wheel in the proper location.

With the 28" column, the 3" 9 hole adaptor, and a steering wheel with about a 1" dish (32" total length) the top of the steering wheel is just out of reach to drive comfortably unless the wheel is tilted down in its furthest position. This is ok I guess but requires you to tilt the wheel up to get out of the truck and then back down to drive, it puts the bottom of the wheel pretty close to my legs which I'm not fond of either.

So we have acquired a couple things to test, one of them is a 4 spoke steering wheel that has a 4" 3 hole spacer made into it, we had a Grant 3 hole mount/hub that we bought months ago (see my steering wheel/horn button rant in another post) and bought a 3 hole 3" spacer which turned out to be too long and have since ordered a 1" and a 2" spacer.

So I converted the column back to a 3 hole mount and installed the steering wheel with the 4" spacer made in it and it's much better, more comfortable which equals safer to drive in a panic situation. When I get the 1" spacer I'll take it back apart and install it which will be just about right without looking totally stupid like the added 3" spacer did (was too long anyway). It looks like the proper length discounting the amount of column that has to go through the firewall (which is somewhat adjustable) would have been a 32" column.

Most of this could have been avoided if I would have just did the proper mock-up and measuring, granted the type of steering wheel (amount of dish and the diameter ) you use changes everything, if I would have used the original slick steering wheel the 28" column would have been perfect. So from what I've learned it's better to choose your steering wheel, install your seat, then measure what column comes close to the right length so its comfortable to drive.

There is no substitute for having a plan, looking a few steps ahead, and measure twice - buy once! lol

I should also mention that the type of seat you're going to use will also have a effect along with the length of your legs and the distance you feel comfortable driving, as dumb as it might sound the ride height of the vehicle plays a role in entering and exiting ( I have to kinda' duck to enter the '62) so steering wheel position comes into play just doing that, most modern vehicles place the steering wheel at a set distance from the dash along with pedal placement is geared to what a manufacturer considers their average driver.

They then rely on the driver to position the seat so driving is at a comfortable level, quite a few years ago Ford added a movable pedal assembly to some of its vehicles as a option particularly the Windstar and Freestar mini vans, but they also used the assembly in some higher end vehicles and even some CVs had the movable pedals (would be nice to have for a CV swap), so everything really comes into play trying to make the vehicle comfortable to drive which will decrease fatigue driving long distances.

I'm 5'11" and my wife is 4'11" there really isn't enough movement or adjustment in a slick cab (seat) to accommodate both of us as drivers, the stock seat all the way back is just a little short for me ( I could use another couple inches back) and all the way up is just about right for her, so steering wheel placement is pretty important and one major area I screwed up building the '62 but we'll come to some happy medium by changing the steering wheel & spacer, then eventually changing out the original slick seat. The RM seat we removed is a 60-40 seat that is power both sides and has pretty simple basically flat mounts, if we can find a seat cover for it it may find its way into the '62...lol

--------

Have a great weekend

Jon
Blanger
United States of America

Post by Blanger »

Week 14

Nothing new to report....but a observation. lol

Like the title says it's 14 weeks of daily driving with no problems at all, lots of people ask or look at the truck which is a nice feature of driving the '62 if nothing else it's a conversation starter if the person is even remotely interested in older vehicles or custom cars and trucks.

In a broad generalization of the population I classify people into two categories which are people who I consider "Car People" and people who just own and drive a vehicle out of necessity. There are lots of sub-categories of both classifications or varying degrees or levels, all of us on this forum I classify as the highest level of car people because we actually build and work to rebuild our stuff.

Having explained that and putting it somewhat into context I have to say that some people that talk the talk of being a "car person" by my definition have surprised me in the last few months by their comments or lack of comments about the '62. I have to say again that I'm not the type of person that is looking for acknowledgement, praise, or really just a pat on the back for a job well done, I'm confident enough to know when I do something I like and care little about what others think as I've explained before.

So with that in mind I find it really odd that people who I thought were "car people" seem to be a little put off by the '62, they won't acknowledge it even is sitting in the parking lot, they walk right past it hoping no one see's them looking at it out of the corner of their eye but never bring it up in conversations which seems really weird to me....or do comment and it's normally about it being a uni which means they did look at it a little bit to notice but never go much beyond that statement. I never push the issue (again don't care) but just answer with yes it is a unibody truck and the conversation rarely goes any further.

--

A good example of this odd behavior happen yesterday, a guy I do work for here at work and I use to race with (against) asked about who owned the old Ford truck, when I told him it was mine the look on his face was one of surprise (maybe because it's a Ford and if I bleed it'll probably be bowties that comes out...lol), he acted really interested right up to the point where I opened the hood and he saw what it looked like under the hood, he walked around to look in the driver's window spent maybe 10 seconds looking and said I got to go...lol

I guess the fact that this guy owns a body shop and probably looks at a vehicle like the '62 with patina and thinks it's somehow keeping him from making money on paint jobs (wouldn't have him paint it anyway, I'd do it myself), not real sure but could understand how it might be a insult to someone who makes a living making vehicles look slick....but body shops don't make money or really do restorations of old vehicles, around here I haven't seen or heard of a body shop doing a resto project for a very long time and of the ones I have heard about it took years to get the vehicle done. Most won't even quote a project like that and would rather send workers home for lack of work then to take on a project vehicle just to stay busy.

--

If this was the reaction of just one person I wouldn't find it that odd, but this is probably the 4th or 5th time something very similar has happen while someone is looking at the truck, my wife says it's jealousy, could be, I just find it very odd behavior from people who will talk cars for hours as long as it's about their build or car.

Maybe they are just being polite, trying not to pry by asking too many questions, I have always considered myself a "friendly" guy, my job at work is to extract money from customers by providing them a service and if anything most customers would say I'm too honest and never sugar coat stuff no matter how difficult it's going to be for the customer to swallow. ( I don't create problems, I fix them) so I'm sure none of them are trying to spare my feelings.

Like I said don't care, just find it odd..... on the flip side in 14 weeks I've had a half dozen people ask question after question about the build and some also had what I consider constructive criticism of different aspects of the truck which to me are welcomed comments.

Another thing I've found kinda' interesting is the number of thumbs up I get going down the street, the street I live on is a busy 4 lane city street, it has been under construction for months with crews replacing a water main that runs right down the center of the street, going home they are still working most days and the number of smiles, nods and thumbs up I get going by the workers is just phenomenal.

I don't think the '62 is anything special that deserves positive comments, I understand that it's not what most people would drive and could in fact be ashamed to drive, again I really don't care I built it to look like a rolling junkyard refugee on purpose, I guess I'm starting to figure out that some people who I thought were in that category of "car people" might like cars and trucks but have a very narrow window or field of view in what turns their crank.

--

(the pic above reminds me of where I'm at with the '65 right now and just how far the '62 has come in a short time...lol)

Have a great weekend!

Jon
SteveCanup
United States of America

Post by SteveCanup »

Great Pontifications Jon...you hit the nail on the head about most people and old vehicles. Most of them just do not 'get it.' Btw, your '62 is phenomenal in my opinion.
1964 F-100
Blanger
United States of America

Post by Blanger »

SteveCanup wrote:Great Pontifications Jon...you hit the nail on the head about most people and old vehicles. Most of them just do not 'get it.' Btw, your '62 is phenomenal in my opinion.
Steve,

I hate to keep saying it but I find it just weird, back when I raced you always had people come up to you in the pits and asked about your car, if we drive the Camaro anywhere you always have people that want to look at it and ask a lot of questions. Don't get me wrong it's not that people don't look and ask about the '62, but the people I really thought would have a lot of interest only a select few actually want to know about it.

In fact one of my oldest mentors who taught me a lot about fixing cars and a lot of theory in how to diagnose problems is a person I considered a true car person, he has never really asked me much about the '62 at all even though he comes by work at least once a week, he is the main reason I even started noticing the behavior that I wrote about in the post above because it is just totally out of character that he would react that way. I'm not real sure if it's because it's a Ford, if it's not shiny, or that it not a real hot rod (being a poser CV...lol) and again it doesn't bother me I just find it rather odd.

Thanks for the kind words Steve, without sounding like I'm bragging I know the '62 is a cool old truck, if I put myself in the position or look at it from the perspective of it belonging to someone else I'd have a interest in knowing more about it because I think it's a cool concept doing a chassis swap, but you know just that one concept is it seems difficult for a lot of people to grasp, I can't count the number of times I've had to explain that we basically just swapped the body of the CV with the body of the '62, for some reason most people think it was some sort of complex process to do that requiring stripping the CV chassis down to the just the frame (removing the drive-train) and moving components around to make everything fit. When I explain how I did it I get the funniest looks like they think I'm bull shitting them...lol (really) In that same kind of reference I've seen a orange and white early '70s Chevy truck running around the last few weeks, it is lowered and sounds really good, I'd really like to take a good look at the truck and ask questions about it because it is interesting to me and looks really cool, and I guess that is basically my problem with car people and the '62.

Take care...

Jon
Blanger
United States of America

Post by Blanger »

Week 16

The '62 is doing great, it's been in the single digits every night this week and the truck starts right up in the morning, and like every vehicle loves that cold dense air that low temps bring with it...lol We did have about a inch of snow the other day but didn't drive in it so no report on how it does in that type of environment, I have a feeling it will be fine as long as I keep my foot out of it but I may be wrong it's very easy to get the tires spinning on wet pavement with only moderate pressure on the gas pedal.

-----

We drove the '62 to our family get together last Saturday and again was the topic of conversation, I think a lot of people are starting to realize that when I told them it was my daily driver I wasn't BS'ing them. I guess to a lot of people driving a Rust-O-Mod is more of a novelty and thought "yeah right" when I told them it was going to be my everyday driver....lol

-----

I'm really happy with the heater in the truck it works very well and so does the defroster. stone cold in the morning it has heat in a few blocks, or if I let it warm up about 10 minutes it's pleasant to get into with the single digit temps we have been having. I'm really glad we took the time and spent the money to use the sound deadener on the floor and the insulation on the cab roof, both make a difference in the heating of the interior along with making it quieter to drive.

It's a trivial thing but I like the exhaust exiting on each side of the license plate, since the rear of the bed (tail gate) is basically flat steam from the exhaust sitting at a stop light will congregate around the tail gate instead of blowing around if the tail pipes were pointing at the ground, it has a neat effect looking out the rear view mirror or looking at the back of the truck. (I'm amused by simple things sometimes..lol)

I've driven the truck long enough to say I love the headlights and it's not just the LED running lights which are really bright and a nice feature, but the halogen lights are so superior to the old headlights and are close to the brightness of most new vehicles except for the projector type of lights, there is no problem seeing where you are going.

----

If your following the '65 thread we are moving right along with lots of progress being made, probably will be back running at the end of January if everything goes as planned.

Have a great weekend..

Jon
Blanger
United States of America

Post by Blanger »

Week 17

Didn't really plan on doing a update today but thought you folks might find this funny.

Last weekend it was well below zero here (like just about everywhere else..lol) and while taking a break from working on the '65 Monday afternoon I thought it would be a good idea to start the GMC and the '62 up and let them warm up a little just so there were no surprises Tuesday when I had to go back to work, I went out to the '62 and it cranked just a little slow but fired right up (hadn't been started since Friday so basically 3 days in sub-zero temps), I go over to the GMC and it's click...click...click, I open the hood, pull the battery out and swap it for a fully charged battery in the shop, go back and it's click..click...click. I shut the hood and go back in the shop to warm up. Yesterday my wife goes out and and it's about 11 degrees and guess what it fires right up...lol

So I suspect the starter was just froze..the truck doesn't get driven a lot since my wife works from home, but I just thought it was funny that the truck we built started and the GMC would have left us stranded.

Stay warm folks..

Jon
Blanger
United States of America

Post by Blanger »

Week 18 update

Nothing new to report, truck is doing fine. We do have 1"-1' of snow in the forecast today so I put the '62 in the shop and drove the GMC today, it's not that I think the '62 would be a problem in the snow but more that I don't trust other drivers and I don't want anything to happen to the truck. I have a pretty good idea what would happen if someone ran into the '62 (wasn't my fault) their insurance company would want to pay me for a '62 Ford F100 and it would take very little damage because of its age for them to want to total it...it's one of the pitfalls of driving a old vehicle in our state. I love the truck too much to risk some idiot that doesn't know how to drive in snow running into it....as they say "better safe, than sorry" lol

-----

I do have a plan that I'll lay out for you folks, I believe the '65 should be very close to being street-able about the time the '62 hits the 6 month mark, my plan is to switch off driving the '62 for the '65 and take the '62 into the shop to look everything over.

I'd like to do a few things like service the transmission, change the oil and just generally look the truck over from front to back, while its down and I'm driving the '65 I'd like to finish the interior (headliner) and do the gauge cluster...just basically finish the truck.

At the same time I'll be driving the '65 looking for issues that need to be addressed basically a shake down before I hand it over to my wife, of course the '65 won't be totally done at that point, depending on how we finish the exterior, the paint will need cure time before we age it and like the '62 was when I first started driving it we had things that needed to be taken care of, I'm sure the '65 will be no different.

----

Then...... the '62 cab and step side bed sitting outside our shop at the moment, I have basically decided to build that truck, don't know what chassis I'll use yet, and I don't know how exactly it will get built, I do know that the cab floor is in pretty bad shape and that I won't buy a complete cab floor to replace it since its $1300 plus truck freight (I could buy a whole truck for that). So what will happen is still up in the air as far as the cab but I have a complete dog house that is good and the bed is also good so it will get built in some fashion.

I've thought about using the donor floor and firewall but not real sure on exactly how to do that, the '62 of course has interior cab steps so not real sure just how much patching and fabrication would be involved but I've watched videos on Youtube of people doing swaps that way so it might be a option for me to try.

I could also either just buy another truck simply for the cab (long beds go real cheap) or just buy another used cab....today I'm torn between using another Roadmaster or another CV P71 as a donor and I guess when I'm ready it will come down to which I can find a deal on that is the right vehicle, my feelings at the moment is that the CV and RM chassis are neck and neck as far as my preference between one or the other, both have a upside and a down side to using as a donor. Although now that the fuel tank is mounted on the RM I'm liking the look of not having the CV trunk floor sticking out under the truck like the '62 has, yes it's painted black and difficult to see but I know it is there and would probably do something different if I use a CV chassis again. (it's just a preference) I don't think it would be that hard to just fabricate a 1" square tube mounting system for the CV fuel tank. Of course the '65 will have a false bed floor like the '62 Uni so everything will be covered from the top side.

But I do know that this '62 step side will be different depending on what I find, the trucks are cheap enough to build, license, and insure that having 3 isn't really more expensive to operate than having two, and selling one isn't out of the question either. I enjoy the work enough that I could just quit my day job and build a few trucks a year and sell them...if that was only a possibility...lol

What I would really like to do is find a RM that has been wrecked (hit high in the rear) and real cheap to buy but has a good chassis, I don't really care about the rest of it as long as the steering column is good, and the frame is straight and the fuel tank intact... then I'd look for a 5.3L or 6.0L GM LS engine and ECM along with another 4L60E or 4L80E transmission and use that as the motive power... I've been wanting to do a LS swap for a couple years now but that's probably not how the '62 step side will play out in the end...we'll see.

The one thing that is kinda' setting the two chassis apart is as dumb as it sounds is the wheels, for the CV there are always people selling Mustang wheels here on Craigslist and normally pretty cheap, we spent almost $900 for wheels and tires for the '65 and while that's not a bad price at all for new wheels and tires it's about $400 more than we spent on the Uni, throw in the mounting, balancing, lugnuts and you're at a grand for wheels and tires which still isn't bad. The choices here for used GM 5 lug wheels are very slim which is why we bought new, there are some factory type Camaro wheels on CL from time to time that look ok but they really don't fit with our vision for the build.

But I do intend to build the '62 step side in some fashion, it may not be a quick build, it may not be a build with a set budget, it could turn out to be more of a hot rod than a daily driver, but it will for sure be another Rust-O-Mod type with no slick paint job (I'm done with that type of vehicle). I mean no offence to anyone, it's just my preference now, I like not having to wash or shine up the vehicle, I like if I have a box or something being able to sit it on the hood (it might just be another scratch...oh no! lol), I like if I have my hands full being able to use my foot to close the door, etc, etc, I think you folks get the point.

I can appreciate everything that goes along with having a nicely painted vehicle, but I no longer care, in fact I'm really enjoying the rust, the dents and dings, the looks from people driving a nice $50k vehicle, and if birds poop on my '62 well that will just have to stay there until mother nature washes it away... it's just a little more patina. lol

Have a great weekend!

Jon
Blanger
United States of America

Post by Blanger »

Poor '62...... got to sit in the shop during our snow Friday but got put outside Saturday morning.....

Then it snowed again....

But the bright spot is it's suppose to be 50 degrees Saturday...lol

Jon
SteveCanup
United States of America

Post by SteveCanup »

We're getting that snow now...frigid and icy...
1964 F-100
Blanger
United States of America

Post by Blanger »

SteveCanup wrote:We're getting that snow now...frigid and icy...
Steve,

They said we only got 4-6" but I measured over 6" on top of our trash cans, we had freezing rain that started Thursday night, by early morning Friday it turned to snow and snowed for about 12 hours and it snowed again on Monday another 1-3", it's been arctic temps supposedly will get to 20 today with lows in the single digits....but will warm to the high 40's on Saturday which will make a slushy mess. Hopefully it will have lost some moisture by the time it makes it over to you.

Stay safe.

Jon
Blanger
United States of America

Post by Blanger »

Week 19

As you can see from the posts above we got snow, because of the amount of snow (8-10") I parked the '62 in the shop last Thursday night then Saturday morning moved it out into the weather, the street are finally clearing up and last night I thought I'd move the '62 and drive it today.....it's stuck, last week when it started snowing we had freezing rain first that covered the ground with ice, then it turned to snow on Friday. When I ran the truck out Saturday morning I stopped in what I thought was snow which it was snow on top of ice, we have had sub-zero temps ever since, the tires on the truck are from a Mustang and while great tires for dry or wet pavement have no traction in snow...lol

Hopefully I can get it moved Saturday since it is suppose to warm up to around 50 degrees, I want to get out of this GMC 4x4....I'm spoiled!

Jon
snoracer
United States of America

Post by snoracer »

Ain't winter great !! Makes it rather tuff for us northern guys to enjoy our rides. It's hard to even work on them when a good deal of my time is spent shoveling/plowing snow or putting up firewood for the wood boiler that i heat the house with.
Good luck getting unstuck.

Tim,
Tim,
Blanger
United States of America

Post by Blanger »

snoracer wrote:Ain't winter great !! Makes it rather tuff for us northern guys to enjoy our rides. It's hard to even work on them when a good deal of my time is spent shoveling/plowing snow or putting up firewood for the wood boiler that i heat the house with.
Good luck getting unstuck.
Tim,

I try to stay positive...it is what it is, can't change the weather I'm just along for the ride...lol

Cool, wood boiler....a lot of work wood-wise but there is no better way to heat your home in my opinion, truck thawed out Saturday and I'm back driving it everyday so I'm happy.

Jon