Wiring questions for 62/69 Frankenstein

A place just for our project & build threads.

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

62BlueBomber

Wiring questions for 62/69 Frankenstein

Post by 62BlueBomber »

Hey Guys!

My question for my project this time around is what type of wiring harness should I order? The truck is a '62 Uni, BUT the frame is a 69 4x4. So should I order a harness for the '62 or the '69? Also, what type of harness should I order when it comes to number of circuits, brand, etc.?

I'm to the point where I've solved all the mechanical issues, and now it's just power and proper wiring issues. This is basically the final touches being put on it so I can have a fully reliable cruiser I've always wanted. Thanks all for your help in advance!!
Toyz
United States of America

Re: Wiring questions for 62/69 Frankenstein

Post by Toyz »

American Autowire hands down, IMO. They use OEM type connectors and well-thought out circuitry. They are not the cheapest, but definitely get one you will continue to be happy with. You likely don't want to do it a second time, nor experience "buyer's remorse" or regret at not having needed circuits.
It may well be the same harness for both; tell them what you are doing. Normally, one would order for the body.
Paul
The Ford Orphanage
Life's too short for boring vehicles!
My quest to develop a universal solvent is held up by the lack of a storage container.
Paul