my 4x4 simply known as ..............Eventually............

A place just for our project & build threads.

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Anthony
United States of America

my 4x4 simply known as ..............Eventually............

Post by Anthony »

here's the good the bad and the ugly :lol: what I started with 4225 4908 the start of tear down 4909 nothing but frame 4226 cleaning and using "Chassis Coat" 4266 frame coated and the new cab set over on it 4228 starting on all the underside of ALL body panels 4265 4229 the inside of the front fenders really turned out nice :thumright: 4227 well, it had been torn apart so long that I had to put it back together just to get motivated again..... woohoo.gif it looks like a truck!!!!! 4230
Anthony
United States of America

Re: my 4x4 simply known as ..............Eventually.........

Post by Anthony »

well it had to happen...back into the garage for tear down again 4305 4304 well the cab will have to be completely rebuilt...new floor pans, cab mounts, lower hinge panels, cab corners, ect..4261 4358 4330 4328 up to the point of where she is setting now. 4882 more pics as I get more done. :rocker:
Anthony
United States of America

Post by Anthony »

well, I got to spend a couple hours of "ME" time in the garage today and accomplished a little bit anyway. Then my son sliced his finger on his truck and had to make a trip to the ER. Everything is OK and as long as he learned a lesson it's all good. drivers side lower hinge pocket and small hole in floorpan. 5221 5222 5223 5224 I still have to weld it in but it looks like it is going to work just fine.....Anthony
Anthony
United States of America

Post by Anthony »

a little late but here is the floor pans and cab mounts installed...5228..5229.5232.5231.5230... still need to go over the whole underside with the sand blaster and under coat but still have some finish work to do with the underside....Anthony
Anthony
United States of America

Post by Anthony »

center cab supports will be next after the lower hinge panels..drivers side..5233.5234..passenger side 5235.5236..as you can see I have my panels made and ready but it takes time and unfortunately another box of sand..ever feel like your(bang.gif) beating your head against a wall? If only the weather would break. more pics as I get more done.....Anthony
Anthony
United States of America

Post by Anthony »

one step closer. :thumright: today I fired up the wood burner for heat (28 outside today) and got the underside cleaned and the center support ends welded on. not to far from priming and undercoating. woohoo.gif I am so looking forward to making it look like a truck again....Anthony....... .5253 5255 5256
Anthony
United States of America

Post by Anthony »

primed this morning hopefully undercoat this week.... Anthony 5348
Anthony
United States of America

Post by Anthony »

I'm using plasti-coat bed liner from Wal-Mart to under coat my body. I got my first coat on today. It'll probably take all week-end to dry. second coat hopefully next week. I'm looking forward to making it look like a truck again. Anthony 5361 hey, thats my EZ wire kit in the blue box to the left. get cab bolted down, brake booster and lines on, then harness... hopefully it woks this way...Anthony
Anthony
United States of America

Post by Anthony »

is there any other color....ORANGE, of course with white accents. my first truck 20+ years ago 4985 and my second completed project, about 7-8 years ago.. 4986. it is a GM color for the old vega called vega bright orange. alot of yellow in it to make it bright. What can I say, I like being seen.. :wink: the econoline would've tuned out orange if it hadn't been hit. Anthony
Anthony
United States of America

Post by Anthony »

well, I am not a welder so I opted to go with trying to repair the rust. the guy at the local auto body supply said that he had used fiberglass resin jelly to fix similar rust before and if done right, :rotflmao: yeah right, it would work just fine for the repair. I decided to go one step further and bought regular fiberglass mat and resin also. I mixed the resin up and saturated the mat and stuffed it into the rusted area from inside the cab. sorry for the poor pics, it was hard to get to. 5559 5558 . I did this till the resin came out the rust holes. After this was dry I sanded off the resin and went to work with the resin jelly. I spent 8+ hours in the garage today and the drip rail and a couple small spots was all I got done. before and after pics..5507 5561 5504 5563 5505 5508 5566 5562 Well it don't look to bad for someone that can't do bodywork. :hm: but it has to be done to get it to where I can paint the interior and get windows put in her. All in all, 8 hours well spent...Anthony
Anthony
United States of America

Post by Anthony »

well a local flea market had an automotive swap meet today so I loaded up my scrap around the house and cashed it in just in case I found something. well I found new shoes for my 66 and couldn't wait to try them on. 4 aluminum rims with 2 almost new tires and 2 bald tires. a bargain at $100. 5587 5585 5586
well, after wheeling the truck outside it just didn't look right without the front clip on. So now I look like I own a truck. 5588 5589 Anthony
Anthony
United States of America

Post by Anthony »

O.K. I'll try and make this short and sweet. shrug.gif with the truck out of the garage I cluttered it up so in order to get her back in I had to clean. 5896 5897 (Yes :dontknow: , this is clean.)
We got the slick turned around and pulled back up in the garage. 5898 5899 FINALLY IN!!!5877
finishing up the cowl area behind the front fenders.. I welded up the holes with patches then put a coat of fiberglass on them, soon to finish up with undercoating.
5901 5902
also welded up the antenna hole with a tip from this site called "Slick 60's" :notworthy:
5903 5904
So, this has been my last 2 weeks of ME TIME!!.. I am almost ready to bolt the cab and front clip down and start with getting the inside Orange , a steering column, and a wiring harness installed. Seems like alot of work but I am really enjoying myself, by doing it all myself. (some help from my son Zak) A special thanks to those of you that have helped me with my questions and a big :clap: thank you to those that give me this place to record my build.......
Thanks... Anthony
Anthony
United States of America

Post by Anthony »

well I finished up the lower cowl corners, the fire wall and the lower hinge panels. also started on the cab corners. I seem to be moving along pretty good. I would like to have her on the road by winter. praying.gif 5907 5907 5906 5909 5910 5912 5911
enjoy the pics..... Anthony
Anthony
United States of America

Post by Anthony »

It seems like I have spent alot of time and got absolutely nothing done. I am working on trying to get the front clip and the cab bolted down but decided to get rid of the red engine and go with blue instead. I think this will look great against the black engine compartment and an Orange truck. Soooo.... I stripped the engine apart inside the frame rails and will clean and paint tomorrow. :hm: hopefully. If I can get it painted, and I don't ponder the "what if I do this" ideas, I should be able to get it bolted back down next week. I have got all the PO sand scratches out of the dash and have the final coat of primer on it....and it looks good for this back yard mechanic. A final sand on it and I will be ready to paint the door jams the window frames and the inside of the cab. hopefully I will have pics tomorrow...... Anthony
Anthony
United States of America

Post by Anthony »

Well it took me to my days off to get the engine cleaned and ready for paint but I did get it done and I really like the looks of it. I still have to get the accessories cleaned and painted, but, with time, all things will get done. enjoy the pics..... Anthony

5995 5996 6001 5999

and one of the dash, ready for paint......
Anthony
United States of America

Post by Anthony »

Here is a pic or 2 of the orange that I will be painting the whole truck. Still need to finish but here is the dash.... Anthony

6045 6047 6049 6048 6046 6044
Anthony
United States of America

Post by Anthony »

To answer the question on floor pans, they are from johns f fun hundreds.

The Slick now has doors! woohoo.gif Starting to look like a truck again. Still have to get fenders lined up and bolted down and I'm sure the doors will need adjusted. Just a few pics, the rest are in my gallery.... Anthony

6059 6060 6056 6057

Check out my kick panels.
6063 6064

I'm just trying to keep pluggin' along....... Anthony
Anthony
United States of America

Post by Anthony »

there are several pics in my gallery, http://fordtruk.com/forums/album.php?ca ... er_id=1107 , but as of today, the 11th of July...... My cab is orange, doors and all, :thumright: :cheers: :thumright: I have a few runs in it but believe it or not, I put them there myself. Oh, by the way, did I tell you all that I wasn't a body/paint guy? The runs will probably stay there so I can move on to other things. they can always be sanded and buffed later if they start bothering me.. :dontknow: I got my steering column from Colorado Friday and It is nice!! It took 3 weeks to get it to me but worth the wait. Thanks to Ebay member simlaautoandtruck for the great column. Now that the inside is done I will start reassembling the cab and start the EZWire wiring harness that I bought. woohoo.gif I am so excited woohoo.gif I can't wait to get her on the road. anyway, here are a few pics........ Anthony

6105 6100 6103 6106
Anthony
United States of America

Post by Anthony »

I decided to 2 tone the dash and I have started on the wireing..... wish me luck.. luck.gif .. looking forward to getting it wired and started. I miss my old truck.. :( but someday I will ride again... :steering: :thumright:

Anthony

6137 6138

Last edited by Anthony on January 3, 2010, 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anthony
United States of America

Post by Anthony »

Getting a little bit done after cleaning AGAIN on the garage. '76 column installed and the dash bracket taken off and a 61-66 bracket put in it's place. just need to get it welded back on the sleeve. I think it is looking pretty good.... Anthony