Beryl`s re-build

A place just for our project & build threads.

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

Greg, the original front suspension set up used struts, how they are different to coil overs has got me!, other than the new ones are adjustable. This is how it looked when I got it home.

[img][img]http://i533.photobucket.com/albums/ee337/maccas66/DSCF0064.jpg[/img][/img]

ezer, as it turns out the pump pulley needs to have the bolt holes re-drilled, and now having an electric power steering pump, should make things easier!
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!
66 f100 tabletop swb 351 Clevo C6 "Beryl"

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Slick Stock 8.............................. cry.gif
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

Finally worked out the bracket for the power steering pump, I knew an idea would come along if I waited long enough! :roll: , no pic`s just yet.
The good thing is I only had to make one! 8) :lol:, so of to the fridge for some adult type drinking :burp:
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
f100cowboy

Post by f100cowboy »

Good deal, Alan. Hopefully you will locate that camera right next to that cold adult beverage. :lol: You know how we enjoy the pictures!
Jim
66 F-100 CC 390CID
'07 HD FLHX
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

Boy! that was a long drink! :D, Jim I think I`ll do that!, anyhow I got the pic`s, power steering bracket and only made once!

mounted the whole shebang on the chassis for a look see

Ah bugger! it`s a bit too close to the alternator pulley!, I moved it forward 65mm now it might be a bit close to the rad support, but that's no biggy!

Did I mention it was 43c while I was doing this!, but my little mate in the window came in handy!

The Alternator is out of the same model Falcon as the front suspension takes a 6pk belt and is 100amp, I hope that will be enough! :? .

Front coil overs should be here this week and new engine mount rubbers.

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
f100cowboy

Post by f100cowboy »

Looking good Alan! :thumright:
Jim
66 F-100 CC 390CID
'07 HD FLHX
BackyardRest

Post by BackyardRest »

Looking great Alan!

I find it simply amazing to the hours being poured into the Popular Slick trucks.

How many 65-66 Chevy or Dodge trucks does a person see on the road or find being built? Pretty much slim to none compared to the Fords. The dodge trucks especially were just soooooooooo ugly compared to the Ford.

Keep up the great work and looking forward to seeing it finished...
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

I have been working on her!!!! :? , it just doesn't show!. I`ve been working on a mount for a air con pump from the same model car that the front suspension is out of, EL Falcon 1997 model, anyhow I`ve worked it out and have made progress on the serpentine pulley system as well!. As I said before!, ifn yah wait long enough an idea will come!, happily this one made it before the second coming! :P , and yes we have a pic!, don't forget this is only in the suck and see phase! :D

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
557f1
Australia

Post by 557f1 »

Alan how are you connecting your rack to your colunm because i have the same problem with clearance.Darren
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

Darren, short of cutting the extractors!, I`m going to try and use 3 uni joint set up with a support off the chassis, they have been on order from Streamline performance in Denver for 2 months now!!!!!!!, when will I ever learn! :x. so i`m hoping that will work.

sorry Darren, I didn`t see what front end you are using!, I`ll go and have a look at your post.

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
557f1
Australia

Post by 557f1 »

Alan, i will be running mine between the starter and the extractors and i should only need two ,my first idea was to use 3 uni joints and a 3/4" rodend as a support,
i brought my uni joints from tcr hotrods in S.A and i think i paid $90 each
this is not a very good photo of mine
jakdad

Post by jakdad »

Well no wonder you're having problems! The steerring is on the wrong side!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Jim
557f1
Australia

Post by 557f1 »

yeah stupid thing!
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

:lol: Darren!, It looks like your using my photographer!, what front suspension are you using?

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
557f1
Australia

Post by 557f1 »

i used jag controll arms and studs,shorten commodore rack,ba falcon disc ,i made the hubs to bring the wheels in so the tyres cleared the gaurds,4 spot skyline calipers and i made the crossmember,it would be nice to live in a country that allowed us to use tubular control arms lucky buggers
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

557f1 wrote:i used jag controll arms and studs,shorten commodore rack,ba falcon disc ,i made the hubs to bring the wheels in so the tyres cleared the gaurds,4 spot skyline calipers and i made the crossmember,it would be nice to live in a country that allowed us to use tubular control arms lucky buggers

:iagree: , but it Snow`s a lot over there! coldwithsnow.gif

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
557f1
Australia

Post by 557f1 »

that's funny
Thunderboy

Post by Thunderboy »

I really enjoy reading your posts, Alan, but when you and Darren get all "Ozzie" on us, I don't understand what you are taking about.... :wink:
Drew

66 F250 Frame swap, EFI 408W, ZF 5-speed swap (still!) in progress
63 Falcon Futura EFI 331W, T5, but not much progress... Slicks First!!!
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

Thanks Drew!, I sometimes think I should just shut up and not say anything! but Hey! I get over it! :lol:

Now about Darren and I going Aussie and some not understanding!, I`m sorry!, ( pigs arse I am!), that's how I`ve felt for the last 5 years or so ! neener.gif :rotflmao: and now we`ve got another Aussie that has stuck around longer than a head lasts on a schooner! :cheers:
are you coming to Slick stock Drew?, if you do we`ll have a beer together mate!

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Thunderboy

Post by Thunderboy »

Alan Mclennan wrote:are you coming to Slick stock Drew?, if you do we`ll have a beer together mate!

I would love to, Alan, but I promised a buddy of mine that I would crew with him at Bonneville Speed Week, just a few days before SlickStock, and then I have my first week of college back at work (I teach Auto Technology), and the Shelby American Auto Club is having their national convention just an hour or so away from me on the same weekend as SS. :boohoo:

My work conflict is the main obstacle. There is just no time this year. Next SS should be a few weeks earlier, before most school calendars cause conflict, IMO. :cry:

Say, if you fly in to (or return via) San Francisco, I would love to meet ya and have a beer with you there! :burp: :burp: That isn't idle chitchat - let me know if you come that way and you have enough time!
Drew

66 F250 Frame swap, EFI 408W, ZF 5-speed swap (still!) in progress
63 Falcon Futura EFI 331W, T5, but not much progress... Slicks First!!!
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

AH Buggar!, we leave via San Fran! but we get in at 8 pm and fly out at 11.15 pm :( , leave your porch light on and I`ll wave as we fly over!, next time then Drew! :wink:

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS