SS update!

Next location of SlickStock

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Casey 65
United States of America

SS update!

Post by Casey 65 »

Well, they are in Iowa eating BBQ and having fun. Ready to hit the road tomorrow. Others are on the road from all over the US & Canada (Mac & Lyn are here!). Slick Stock, just like Brigadoon, is coming out of the mist again. To all traveling, please be careful and arrive at SS safe. Gentlemen & Gentlewomen, start your engines! Slick Stock 5 is here! :woohoo:
"One Test Result is Worth One Thousand Expert Opinions" - Werner von Braun
ezernut9mm
Sweden

Re: SS update!

Post by ezernut9mm »

i talked to brian today. he is sending large packages of parts for me to sell. please be generous. i hope there are lots of things people need.

i talked to mark today, he is driving down with the grey ghost on a trailer and can't hardly contain himself. (neither can i).

texted with greg today and he is ready as can be, but has to work until friday, then it's on.

visited with dana (shadow) yesterday and he is planning on coming up with his better half connie on saturday for a few hours. (his truck is bitchin, pics don't do it justice.) please make them feel at home...as i know you all will.

my good friend of over twenty years that is building a 62 uni is coming up from the lake of the ozarks to drink and bs with us too. (if anyone has a good ignition switch with key please bring it.)

my other good friend "donnie" is coming over too. not sure when, but he is local and has played with slicks for a few years. he is currently building a 57 chevy truck. please be nice. he is good people. lol.

man, i cannot wait! see you guys in a couple of days!
always
"i believe i've achieved satisfaction".-bubbles
"should i be gettin" baked for this boys?"-bubbles

i could no longer keep "r.i.p.ing" all of our fallen brothers and sisters, so i say here, slick loads of love and much respect to all you beautiful people.
64low-n-slow

Post by 64low-n-slow »

Well - I missed the BBQ...Iowa is a LITTLE out of the way (unfortunately)...but did make it as far as Nashville today. Gonna go take in some counrty music tonite, then meet jkimbrel in the am and do some more driving. The Slick did awesome...getting about 14-15 mpg...running like a Swiss watch.

Can't wait to meet everybody!
64Ranger

Post by 64Ranger »

Is there a webcam or picture posting for those of us who have to miss this one?

Thanks,
Doug
Riverside, CA
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Doug you know the rules :boohoo:
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
CelticPFM

Post by CelticPFM »

Doug,
Check out the Members Only section for a link that was created today. The pictures are sorted by day.
Thanks,
Jenny
Boy Scout mom, Camp Gladiator fitness, and Running keep me busy.

"Just Breathe."
64Ranger

Post by 64Ranger »

Thanks for the pictures... sure makes jealous that I am not there. Can I ask questions about who the different people are that I don't recognize? Like, who belongs to DADTRUCK?
Doug
Riverside, CA
64Ranger

Post by 64Ranger »

Hey Johnny... rules are for loosers. I know the rules... don't come and you can't participate. The new job just wouldn't let me. I should be there at the next one. Will you bring your truck to that one????
Doug
Riverside, CA
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Doug. You never can tell. Miracles CAN happen. My truck's original rad support is here... Does that count? I hear rumors that RickaIrmedic, who has been in this club about 3 years longer than me, and Lyman are bringing trucks to the next one too. Look for a star in the east over Slickstock 6 :steering:

There are 2 guys named Dadstruck here. Norris, who you already have met, and another couple from Toronto, with a sky blue and white Mercury, that has my old rad support in it.
Well, got to get ready for the Harley factory tour so I have to sign off now, the way I always write on post cards...
Weather is here. Wish you were beautiful!

Jc
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..