well, it's over...

Next location of SlickStock

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Casey 65
United States of America

well, it's over...

Post by Casey 65 »

They all packed up and left... Nothin' left 'cept memories and pictures!
Thanks to all who came and spent time with us, it was great!
"One Test Result is Worth One Thousand Expert Opinions" - Werner von Braun
Gritsngumbo
United States of America

Re: well, it's over...

Post by Gritsngumbo »

It's over? Darned, I thought it was next week.
If you understand what you’re doing, you’re not learning anything.

LITTLE RED: 64 F100 Short Style
BIG RED: 62 F100 Long Uni
BIG “UN": 63 F250 Long Flare
BBW RED: 61 F100 CC BBW Long Uni
CRIMSON CREW: 63 F100 "Stageway" Long Flare Crew Cab
"RANGER": 66 F100 CC Long Flatbed
"AVA" 1963 Avion T-20 Travel Trailer
“Lucille” 1955 New Moon 44’ Travel Trailer
slick4x4
United States of America

Post by slick4x4 »

It isn't over......
We're just takin a long break..... I need to rest my smile muscles :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
[b]'' I think what scares me the most about you guys is that I understand you '' ..... KID
'' lookin good, a little paint adds at least 100hp!'' ....... COOTER
'' well an old guy can dream cant he? ''............ICEMAN
''I would donate organs before selling my slick''........ HOOFBEAT RACER
PFM-64f100

Post by PFM-64f100 »

Yes it was a great fun time. We made it home my CC beat us by 20 minutes. :). Thank you all for the help and the friendship. It was great to have so many great/caring people.

So what am I gonna do tonight? I've had a full week of sitting outside conversing with friends.
64 F100 short bed-style side-460-c6-with side toolbox and Dakota Front Suspension
And a 65 CrewCab

Chris W.

The pickups
65 Crew Cab
http://www.purpleflyingmonkey.com/CrewCab/index.html
64 F100
http://www.purpleflyingmonkey.com/1964- ... index.html
The Torino project http://www.purpleflyingmonkey.com/1971- ... eFile.html
Activated Org 64

Post by Activated Org 64 »

Thanks to all who did the work to make it happen.

Ray and Karla
Truckrat
United States of America

Post by Truckrat »

Once I got to Slick Stock it seemed like time went into Fast Forward and before
I could blink my eyes a couple of times I was leaving for home! Goes by quick!
Thanks to everyone for making my time with my big family a blast, and to all the
folks who gave me rides in their trucks to all the places we went. I will return the
favor next time. TR
ezernut9mm
Sweden

Post by ezernut9mm »

just got done having dinner with mac and lyn so i guess it is officially over. what a great week with a great bunch of people. see most of you all in two years! (some maybe sooner).
always
"i believe i've achieved satisfaction".-bubbles
"should i be gettin" baked for this boys?"-bubbles

i could no longer keep "r.i.p.ing" all of our fallen brothers and sisters, so i say here, slick loads of love and much respect to all you beautiful people.
MadMaxetc
United States of America

Post by MadMaxetc »

I made it home...I am all inspired to finish mine for next year. (wait, that's what I said last time!)
Dan
Project: '63 F-100 LWB / 460 / C6 / 2x4
My Build Thread
Kid
United States of America

Post by Kid »

Yea it was real depressing when we were all loaded up and pulled out of Cracker Barrel this morning. We knew it was over and would be 2 long Years till we see everyone again..............Kid
There are some Days I should not be let to go into the public without adult supervision
Jerry D
United States of America

Post by Jerry D »

Made it home no problem. Great to see everyone. Thanks to all who made it happen, especially Gerry and Darrell.
61 Merc
Canada

Post by 61 Merc »

Thanks again Gerry for all your work, sorry we missed you as you were gone when we left. All I can do is thank you and give Kathy a hug from us too.

Dean
61 Mercury SWB Uni - Project
62 Mercury SWB BBW - Race truck
63 Ford SWB Uni - Daily driver (Jinx)
63 Ford SWB Uni - Parts truck
cdherman

Post by cdherman »

Awful quiet here.... Thanks again to Gerry for a great job at setting things up and to all you wonderful folks that came.

For me, the highlight was tearing down and putting Chris's tranny back in. Really a bummer that it didn't work out, but the sight of everyone pitching in and working together was nonetheless priceless. Its that kind of effort and enthusiasm that makes loving these old trucks worthwhile. We could have spent the money traveling to some exotic place, or wasted it on a bigger flat screen TV or something. But wrenching with like minded friends is something that reminds me of a simpler time, where I didn't have 400 channels to watch and broadband internet to resort to. Just about like an old fashioned barn raising.... Next time the darn barn better not fall down!
1965 F-100 240 Autolite 1101, Disk brake dual master upgraded, swapped over to C4 and powersteering. Bought by my Dad new in March 65'

Planned/considered upgrades:
Perhaps power brakes, 300 I6 motor and JUST maybe, AC!
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Not being a very emotional guy in real life, I am always quite surprised at the big lump in my throat at the end of Slickstock. Knowing you won't see some for 2 years and sadly, for some,
might not see them ever again.

But the second shift did give Cam a proper send-off over the course of a few evenings.....
Man I got to get working on my truck!!!!
Last edited by Johnny Canuck on August 20, 2012, 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
Kid
United States of America

Post by Kid »

John, I know what you mean. I always get a big lump in the throat when we are all saying our goodbuys. Giving Lyn our last hug for 2 years always makes me sad and that is always what makes me realize that SS is over for 2 more Years. It is usually a mixed emotion ride home for us, sad it is over but so happy with the fun we had and the memories we will never forget, like when Chris walked out of Daves shop and said he did not even have room to get under his truck because so many were under there working on it trying to help. There was a time I think there were 3 sets of legs sticking out from under each side of the crew cab............Kid
There are some Days I should not be let to go into the public without adult supervision
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Kid that was priceless to be sure. I know Chris was fighting to keep a stiff upper lip when he was thanking everybody, just too dang bad it didn't end up like it does in the movies...

Priceless memories to be sure. And some more to be had at the next one! See ya in 2 years everyone :hello:
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
Kid
United States of America

Post by Kid »

yea I know John, We wish it could have had a differnt ending but they will have the crewcab at the next one..............Kid
Toyz
United States of America

Post by Toyz »

That empty parking lot with no slicks was really depressing this morning! I wouldn't miss the next one for the world! Thanks again to all!
Paul
The Ford Orphanage
Life's too short for boring vehicles!
My quest to develop a universal solvent is held up by the lack of a storage container.
Paul
grump

Post by grump »

Thanks to all who made Slick Stock so great. Gerry was right, unlike most family reunions the family at this reunion actually likes each other.
dadstruck
Canada

Post by dadstruck »

Arrived back in Toronto last night, via Indianapolis , St. Louis and 2 days in Dearborn, MI for the Ford museum. Could have spent longer at the Ford facility to see everything, awesome. Thank you all for making us feel welcome. This was our first time to SS. It was a great experience, from the warm greetings to the final goodbye breakfast. We have never experienced a club that is so dedicated to supporting each other.
From your Canadian cousins, Phil and Gail
Mercury 64 M100 LB style side
FE 5.0, 4 sp. Auto, Toyota PS.
Power disc brake
Phil