what was your favorite SS memory

Next location of SlickStock

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Kid
United States of America

what was your favorite SS memory

Post by Kid »

Hard to pick just one as there are so many. I think the team work Thurs nite at cdhermans plce thrashing to get the trans out of the crewcab, the photo deal at LMC, the ride in Marks truck, the trip back to the hotel after Pizza and hitting almost 80mph coming onto the interstate trying to keep up with Ken and looking in my mirror and seeing the police car behind me ( not sure that was a good memory, it scared the crap out of us), the face to face conversations with friends that I only usually gewtr to talk to on the phone,There were more than i can count. Had a great time and can hardly wait till the next one. I need to get busy on the chop as I have so much motivation to get it to SS in 2 years under it's own power because I am not giving that guage set back,LOL............Kid
There are some Days I should not be let to go into the public without adult supervision
Casey 65
United States of America

Re: what was your favorite SS memory

Post by Casey 65 »

Several times I stood away from groups at Slick Stock and watched as everyone was laughing and having such a great time.
The good feeling of having a small part in arranging Slick Stock was heartwarming.
"One Test Result is Worth One Thousand Expert Opinions" - Werner von Braun
CelticPFM

Post by CelticPFM »

Driving the crew cab thinking just days ago it was a no go. Driving on the highway with no AC and still enjoying it. Everywhere we stopped total strangers admiring the truck. How excited we all were when another person arrived. Laughing every time someone asked if they could sit in someone else's chair. Tried the Gatorade this time cheerleader.gif Lyn finding our iPad Mattie left out overnight. Folks giving up the LMC fun to get us back "home" to the hotel, even when told to go on ahead. So many ways we were helped not just once or twice, but every time we looked up was someone asking how things were or offering something. Staying up later than my whole family Sat night and Chris saying to take my time cuz he knows how much it means to me. Dean's jokes! Karla letting Mattie walk and play with their dog Mattie. JT petting Dave's cats! Unforgettable and will be looking forward to the next. Missed those that couldn't make it.
Boy Scout mom, Camp Gladiator fitness, and Running keep me busy.

"Just Breathe."
foodstick

Post by foodstick »

The whole thing amazes me constantly !

I will admit though, I enjoyed seeing the expressions on peoples face when they rode in , my truck ;)

There for awhile with Ken, Mark, and I giving rides, it seemed like the carnival was in town, hahahah
ezernut9mm
Sweden

Post by ezernut9mm »

"what was your favorite SS memory?"

all of them. no way i could pick just one. no way.
always
"i believe i've achieved satisfaction".-bubbles
"should i be gettin" baked for this boys?"-bubbles

i could no longer keep "r.i.p.ing" all of our fallen brothers and sisters, so i say here, slick loads of love and much respect to all you beautiful people.
slick4x4
United States of America

Post by slick4x4 »

Too many to list.....
but it was a LOT of fun to ride in the enterprise ,
when it went into ''Warp drive'' ! :shock:
actually it was Hoofbeat racers truck !
[b]'' I think what scares me the most about you guys is that I understand you '' ..... KID
'' lookin good, a little paint adds at least 100hp!'' ....... COOTER
'' well an old guy can dream cant he? ''............ICEMAN
''I would donate organs before selling my slick''........ HOOFBEAT RACER
6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

Post by 6166 Junkyard Dog »

mine is riding in Mark's truck,,,,,,,, relaxing with nothing to really do but looking at trucks,, being part of something thats even thou in business we put that to the side and enjoyed the trucks,,,,,,,, Well LMC Was different,, Harley tour,, cookout,, trying to get KID To race on way back from LMC,,,,,,,, Finally meeting ones that we never met at Pate swap meet or any wheres else Really it was a different trip that the 3 of us,, Hats off to Kid, casey , lance and all the others that made us feel at home,,, I feel for Chris with all what he had to go through,, The wives where great,, even the late nite tall tales,, so now I have made it to 2 slick stocks,, Thanks for all that you do for the 61/66 trucks

Tom, Kathy and Dakota
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch
Where Ford Trucks Rest in Peace

Dakota,,, RIP will never be the same looking for 61-66 trucks again ,, :cry: Kathy :cry:
Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Kansas City, MO
Slickstock,,, Altoona, IOWA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

Now Cooper will try his best :lol: :lol:

Cooper now has 2018 Slick Stock,, give him a fair star :lol:
Slickstock Kansas City, Mo
foodstick

Post by foodstick »

I did just remember a good story,
When you are at a slick stock, eventually you get 4,5,6 people leaning on the designated leaning truck. that is whatever truck the most people are leaning on at the same time. As we sat there, out of the blue Pat says in a dead serious voice...
" There my friends are some REAL men"
We all turn to look ...and two old farmers in OVERALLS are walking towards us at a snails pace... Well we all bust out laughing , because pat farms, and you will seldom see him far from a pair of overalls !

His delivery was so perfect on the line, it could not be replicated under lab conditions...
Michelle
United States of America

Post by Michelle »

Waking up with a strange guy in my bed. Then when I got fully awake I discovered I was hugging a large pillow instead.

Seeing the big smiles on everyones face will live with me forever.
Michelle

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner. A Republic is a well-armed sheep.

I hope I always stay crazy, because I know if I ever become sane, it will drive me crazy.
Casey 65
United States of America

Post by Casey 65 »

Michelle wrote: Waking up with a strange guy in my bed. Then when I got fully awake I discovered I was hugging a large pillow instead.

:shock:
"One Test Result is Worth One Thousand Expert Opinions" - Werner von Braun
Hoofbeat Racer
Canada

Post by Hoofbeat Racer »

Pulling up with Aaron under the banner on Wednesday with everyone smiling and waving was a great moment. It felt like running a marathon after the journey! Next was not stalling the truck as I unloaded it off the trailer!!!

Roasting tires and avoiding tickets was definately memorable for me. It brought me a lot happiness putting smiles on everyone faces. I never would have built my truck if it wasn't for the inspiration I got from all of you on this site

Honorable mention goes out to all the second shifters, awake or not. Casting "Slickstock the movie" darn near brought tears to my eyes I was laughing so hard. We certainly are a motley crew and that's what makes this such a great place!
Mark

MadMaxetc
United States of America

Post by MadMaxetc »

"Casting "Slickstock the movie" darn near brought tears to my eyes I was laughing so hard."

Agreed!

It sounds like another post is in order. :)
Dan
Project: '63 F-100 LWB / 460 / C6 / 2x4
My Build Thread
Kid
United States of America

Post by Kid »

yea we need more info on this one
There are some Days I should not be let to go into the public without adult supervision
foodstick

Post by foodstick »

I forgot you first shifters didn't get in on any of the casting going on ;)
Kid
United States of America

Post by Kid »

yea us first shift guys miss alot I think. Going to have to practice staying up late for a few weeks before SS next time so I can see what second shift is like.............Kid
ezernut9mm
Sweden

Post by ezernut9mm »

i'm not signing off on the casting roster until "tom cruise" is replaced with "steve mcqueen". lol
always

i could no longer keep "r.i.p.ing" all of our fallen brothers and sisters, so i say here, slick loads of love and much respect to all you beautiful people.
foodstick

Post by foodstick »

Don't forget all the Jim Morrison sightings Friday night...
ezernut9mm
Sweden

Post by ezernut9mm »

foodstick wrote:Don't forget all the Jim Morrison sightings Friday night...

lol. still too cool for school.
always

kstones63
United States of America

Post by kstones63 »

There are to many to recall just one but it was pretty cool to see that many Slicks running down the highway together. It really makes you wonder what other drivers must think about that many of one type of truck in one place at the same time. :)

Kevin
kstones63
95 F350 Flatbed Dually Diesel
foodstick

Post by foodstick »