Well Folks it`s over!

Next location of SlickStock

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Alan Mclennan
Australia

Well Folks it`s over!

Post by Alan Mclennan »

Darrell usually says that when Lyn and I are home!, That SlickStock is over!,..............Well we are home again!, infact we got home 22hrs ago but it has taken me this long to get to do this, what with sleeping for 14hrs last night.
It took us 32hrs from leaving the Motel we were staying at, to get to our front door, with 17hrs of that in planes, 2hrs in a car and bus, and the rest just waitng around for things to happen.

The down side of the trip came at Brisbane Airport, where we had to get off the plane so they could clean it and have customs check for what ever they look for!!!!, we then had to go through customs check again to be able to get back on the same plane, which is fair enough!. but that is where it went bad for me, I had bought a BBQ thermometer in the US and not thinking things through I had it in my carry-on bag. Big mistake!!, they wanted to conficate it because it had a sharp point!, I grabbed it package out of the customs " Supervisours" hands and tore open the box to show him what it was, and if it was going to be convicated then just take the detacthable probes, ( remember I have just flown 15,000KMs with this weapon, and cleared by the US customs to take it on board!!!). With that he said I could keep the blunt probe but not the sharp one!, WTF!.

Another customs officer standing close by said that is BS!, a pen could be as dangerous and went on to say that he was just trying to show he was the boss and also they hadn`t found anything else coming through on that plane!.
Other than that we had another great trip to the US and SlickStock!, and caught up with all our dear old friends and met some new ones as well!.
Other than SlickStock week and a half!,I think the next best memory would be the day we went to the Ball Game to watch The Texas Rangers play The Minisota Twins!, you see! Lyn does not like heights and our seats were in the nose bleed section, just going up the escalators had me worried!!! and my hand crushed by her grip!, but when we reached the top floor it opened out to a large open area that calmed her down some.
That was until we decided to look for our seats! :shock: , broken hand time again!, after some reassurance, we went out to our seats, ( I must say that I was a bit unnerved being out there as well!), once we sat down, with me in the seat in front of her, she soon calmed down an enjoyed the specticale!, if you ever go to the Rangers stadium look up seat 334/10/9 there you will see where Lyns bum cheaks held on to the seat for 4 hrs! :lol:
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!
66 f100 tabletop swb 351 Clevo C6 "Beryl"

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Slick Stock 8.............................. cry.gif
jkimbrel65
United States of America

Re: Well Folks it`s over!

Post by jkimbrel65 »

Glad you made it safe Mac.Was great to see yall again

Mike
I tried being normal once...
was the worst 10 minutes of my life
Casey 65
United States of America

Post by Casey 65 »

Bloody airport security! They always mess up a trip. Kathy and I are glad you made it home mostly unscathed and so glad we were able to see you both.
"One Test Result is Worth One Thousand Expert Opinions" - Werner von Braun
grump

Post by grump »

Glad you and Lynn made it home safely. It was great seeing you again. See you again in 2014?
Kid
United States of America

Post by Kid »

glad you guys are home safe but also bummed you are not here anymore. See you guys in 2 Years
There are some Days I should not be let to go into the public without adult supervision
Toyz
United States of America

Post by Toyz »

It was nice to finally meet you and Lyn! Happy to hear ya'll made it back safely. We'll see you in two years!
As to the stadium,we just had a fatality at Reliant Stadium. It appears someone was surfing the escalator handrail and fell 60 feet! It may have just been Darwin's theory at work!
Paul
The Ford Orphanage
Life's too short for boring vehicles!
My quest to develop a universal solvent is held up by the lack of a storage container.
Paul
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

Thanks everyone!,................. you know Paul!, I think your right!!
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!
66 f100 tabletop swb 351 Clevo C6 "Beryl"

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Slick Stock 8.............................. cry.gif
slick4x4
United States of America

Post by slick4x4 »

Glad you made it home safe.
Just one question....
Are all Australians as nice as you and Lyne ?
If so.... That country is a swell place !
[b]'' I think what scares me the most about you guys is that I understand you '' ..... KID
'' lookin good, a little paint adds at least 100hp!'' ....... COOTER
'' well an old guy can dream cant he? ''............ICEMAN
''I would donate organs before selling my slick''........ HOOFBEAT RACER
Hoofbeat Racer
Canada

Post by Hoofbeat Racer »

Glad you had a safe travel Alan and Lyn. I am grateful that I didn't have to go through airport security this time around. In fact, crossing into Montana was my best border experience yet. I was free to go on the condition that I took 5 minutes and and let them look under the hood of Melba Toast and fire it up for them :lol: they told me that was standard practice. The night before they made some bikers do burnouts on their Harleys. Said it was for national security... I will definately cross there again that's for sure

Btw, my flip flops have made it through the airport 3x. I am bloody amazed over that one :wink:
Mark

jamesdfo
Canada

Post by jamesdfo »

Mark: that's hillarious!! Which crossing was this at??
Doesn't sound at all like my experience coming back into Canada @ Sweetgrass back in '04........

James
Hoofbeat Racer
Canada

Post by Hoofbeat Racer »

James that was at the Raymond crossing in southern Saskatchewan to Montana. It is the American guys that were a bunch of fun. Coming home through Portal (Estevan) was less fun. Our guys don't have much humor at all
Mark