Australians MIA

Here you go guys. An Australian Chapter
1964 700
Australia

Re: Australians MIA

Post by 1964 700 »

Hi Alan, it is setup by the Comet forum so I assume you need to be a member. John
dirtbike
Australia

Post by dirtbike »

Thinking about installing this on my truck, will respray the same colour, thoughts?

Think it comes from Retro Spares in Melbourne.
-= FORD F100 1965 =-
foodstick

Post by foodstick »

I can not imagine how much force would be on that at highway speeds?
1964 700
Australia

Post by 1964 700 »

I have one on mine, in my opinion they look great on them especially the big trucks like mine, they keep the sun out of your eyes on the open road too. Retro probably get them from the same place I got mine, hiway sunvisors, they are the manufacturer, I made new side brackets & cut the top brackets & mounted mine lower to where it sits where I like it, it is fine at freeway speeds, in strong head winds it moves a little but has been on mine for 4-5 years & done 50 000 kms +
dirtbike
Australia

Post by dirtbike »

Yes I quite like the look of it and plan to fit it. Also want to modify it slightly so it sits level with the top of the roof.
1964 700 wrote:I have one on mine, in my opinion they look great on them especially the big trucks like mine, they keep the sun out of your eyes on the open road too. Retro probably get them from the same place I got mine, hiway sunvisors, they are the manufacturer, I made new side brackets & cut the top brackets & mounted mine lower to where it sits where I like it, it is fine at freeway speeds, in strong head winds it moves a little but has been on mine for 4-5 years & done 50 000 kms +
Are you able to send some photo's of the brackets you have used and did you mount centre brackets? I want to avoid drilling holes as much as possible.
-= FORD F100 1965 =-
Jerry D
United States of America

Post by Jerry D »

would look cool too with louvers in it. that would help address the forces at highway speed if needed.
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

I've had them on a few cars and utes, never noticed any problems with the wind, and it's not as tho the front of a Slick is aerodynamic to start with !
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!
66 f100 tabletop swb 351 Clevo C6 "Beryl"

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Slick Stock 8.............................. cry.gif
1964 700
Australia

Post by 1964 700 »

dirtbike wrote:Are you able to send some photo's of the brackets you have used and did you mount centre brackets? I want to avoid drilling holes as much as possible.

I will see if I can find the pics from when I set it up, but basically I cut the top brackets off that are vertical & welded them horizontal & bent up some brackets to grip the gutter, then with the top brackets attached I lowered the front to where it looked good then supported it with a box then marked the side, I had to cut some off the side but the threaded holes remained then just made up some new stainless steel brackets much the same as the originals just to suit where the new hole positions are, you have to drill 2 holes per side in the door jam for the bracket to attach with a couple self tapper screws
Last edited by 1964 700 on September 26, 2017, 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1964 700
Australia

Post by 1964 700 »

Jerry D wrote:would look cool too with louvers in it. that would help address the forces at highway speed if needed.
the back does not seal against the windscreen, there is a big gap so the air can flow through, I have driven many highway miles with it not moving a bit, only the strongest wind gusts make it flap a little but the brackets are strong so it is no problem
Leeroy
Australia

Post by Leeroy »

The green slick on the hi way sunvisors website that has the visor is actually my (old) slick! So I know they fit! :lol:
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

Leeroy wrote:The green slick on the hi way sunvisors website that has the visor is actually my (old) slick! So I know they fit! :lol:
Leeroy wrote:The green slick on the hi way sunvisors website that has the visor is actually my (old) slick! So I know they fit! :lol:
and that old green Slick was my old green slick before you Leith ! and before me it was Craig's old green slick !
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Leeroy
Australia

Post by Leeroy »

All that makes me cry :(

I believe it's had a heart transplant too. Same cubes but more grunt
**Ewie**
New Zealand

Post by **Ewie** »

I'm still lurking around as well... no further along with the engine re-build.
65 F100 Shortbed
Auckland, New Zealand
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

Good to know your still with us Ewie ! :cheers:

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS