Its hot!!

Here you go guys. An Australian Chapter
Leeroy
Australia

Its hot!!

Post by Leeroy »

9th day in a row above 30 degrees.... passed!! (Celsius in case you Fahrenheit folk are reading!) Getting absolutely zero done on the slick or anything else for that matter!

Looks like another hot and windy one here in Victoria. Surprising for this heat theres been very little fires our way
Casey 65
United States of America

Re: Its hot!!

Post by Casey 65 »

It's been 30 degrees here too (farenheit in case you celsius folk are reading) Getting absolutly zero done here...

Sorry, I couldn't resist... :D
"One Test Result is Worth One Thousand Expert Opinions" - Werner von Braun
Leeroy
Australia

Post by Leeroy »

Its ok Casey, you're just at the other end of the spectrum!
Casey 65
United States of America

Post by Casey 65 »

Leeroy wrote:Its ok Casey, you're just at the other end of the spectrum!

Ya know, I hear that a lot... :shock:
"One Test Result is Worth One Thousand Expert Opinions" - Werner von Braun
foodstick

Post by foodstick »

It may have been only 30 here as well, but it was warm enough to make things melt off some !

One snow a week lately.
8clt
Australia

Post by 8clt »

Leeroy wrote:9th day in a row above 30 degrees.... passed!! (Celsius in case you Fahrenheit folk are reading!) Getting absolutely zero done on the slick or anything else for that matter!

Looks like another hot and windy one here in Victoria. Surprising for this heat theres been very little fires our way

Bloody heck Leeroy,
how come you've been home for 9 nights on the trot? anyway.
one would have thought you would be used to the heat, humidity.....winging along in those silver and orange birds to those exotic asian destinations !!!!
Or is it because of the political situation of the government leader resigning.....or a run up to the formula one grand prix this weekend ?
Or were you still rubbin' down the green machine and it just got too much as the persiration dripped from your brow ?
How did the little bloke handle the heat ? Has he been overseeing your slick work.....
Lost in the Mountains Blue Mist ......
Leeroy
Australia

Post by Leeroy »

Been doing some ground duties last week, so It meant I've had a few days on the ground plus a few days off either side. Wouldn't mind a trip to Asia though, its their dry season. We do twice weekly to honolulu at the moment so been soaking up the sun there the last few months ;)

Green machine is at a standstill at the moment (doh!) not from lack of trying however! Waiting for the panel beater who has told me 4-6 weeks wait at least before he can touch it. Im at week 5 right now.... Its had the complete bed, bonnet and roof blasted. Came up reasonable, but showed a few spots that will need welding, nothing unusual however and the cab mounts and floor are in great shape. Ordered some parts which are enroute from the USA at the moment, gennie wheels and a rear bumper. I will order the complete rubber kit from Flashbacks shortly and thats pretty much all the big stuff done.

Little bloke is doing well thanks, just starting to sleep for 7-8 hours each night, has a top up then another 4. :clap: I have to speak to an engineer about fitting the anchor bolt so I can strap his seat in.
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

maybe you could pick up a cheap camera on one of your flights, so we can see how it`s going! :P

been getting a bit chilly here of a night lately, how`s it been up at Bleakheath Mr Mambo? :lol: , I`ve been busy and haven`t had a chance to make the trip up the hill John, have you got the roof on yet?. I must do a post of " Why I haven`t done anything to Beryl lately" , and I`ve got 4 more rooms to do after these 2! :?
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!
66 f100 tabletop swb 351 Clevo C6 "Beryl"

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Slick Stock 8.............................. cry.gif
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

Hey Leeroy, I forgot to ask mate!, what did you think of how the doors closed, I wish Lenores would close that sweet!
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Leeroy
Australia

Post by Leeroy »

Yes Al I was very impressed! Even my dad, an ex car-ey of 35+ years likes this slick! Any more you can sell me?

I've just bought a door and cab rubber kit from flashbacks (enroute as we speak) so I'm worried I'll undo how good they shut! :( With a bit of luck, they won't move a mm.

Progress is WAY too slow ATM.
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

That had me worried as well!

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Leeroy
Australia

Post by Leeroy »

Don't worry, I'll keep you in the loop with how it goes!